The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

best of luck TTCing meenu x

Well I'm 10 days overdue now. Going in to be induced 9.30am Tuesday morning.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

I hope all goes well for you!

Good luck for tomorrow! I hope it all goes smoothly and I can't wait to see the photos of your new arrival! :biggrin: xx
thanks ladies xx
Good Luck for today PMP :smile:
thanks ladies xx

Hope all goes well today and you are back soon with your new baby :smile:
Good luck PMP
thanks all :smile:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1071171_361305303996304_292525447_o.jpg

Nathan James Gosney was born at 4.01am on Wednesday 10th July 2013
weighing 10lbs 8oz

I now have 4 lovely kiddies :smile:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1071171_361305303996304_292525447_o.jpg

weighing 10lbs 8oz

Awww congratulations PMP!. Love his name......and over 10lb wow :biggrin:
Original post by Annie72
Awww congratulations PMP!. Love his name......and over 10lb wow :biggrin:

haha all mine have been over 10lbs :redface:

Lydia 10lbs 10oz
Alex 10lbs 1oz
Jason 11lbs 0.7oz
Nathan 10lbs 8oz

I just don't bake small babies lol
haha all mine have been over 10lbs :redface:

Lydia 10lbs 10oz
Alex 10lbs 1oz
Jason 11lbs 0.7oz
Nathan 10lbs 8oz

I just don't bake small babies lol

Congratulations :smile:

weighing 10lbs 8oz

Absolutely gorgeous family! And a lovely new addition, congrats PMP :smile:
Hello all!

Huge congrats PMP! What a gorgeous name and a gorgeous wee boy! How are you feeling?
My wee one, Niamh, is not so wee anymore. Going into P1 this year and is now four and a half. Time flies. We're living in America still and she has a Scots/American mixed accent. It's quite cute. We just got back from our first family trip to Disney and it was amazing.

No plans to have another baby anytime soon but hubby and I are going through some serious genetic testing for cystic fibrosis (Niamh is a carrier) right now so we may never be able to have our own children again anyway if both of us are carriers. I had blood taken on Wednesday, just waiting for the results now.
BH!! Wow long time no see! My goodness 4 and a half? Time definitely does fly! It's so nice to have an update from you :smile: Glad to hear your family is well.
Good luck for the test results x
Original post by BlackHawk
My wee one, Niamh, is not so wee anymore. Going into P1 this year and is now four and a half. Time flies. We're living in America still and she has a Scots/American mixed accent. It's quite cute. We just got back from our first family trip to Disney and it was amazing.

No plans to have another baby anytime soon but hubby and I are going through some serious genetic testing for cystic fibrosis (Niamh is a carrier) right now so we may never be able to have our own children again anyway if both of us are carriers. I had blood taken on Wednesday, just waiting for the results now.

Really good to hear from you BH, how time flies!. Good Luck with your test results.
Original post by BlackHawk

I am in shock that she is 4 and a half! It seems likes yesterday she was born. How crazy! I wish you all the luck in the world for your test results.

Also, wow Disney! Love it! Hoping to go in the next couple of years. Will have to get some tips!

Nice to hear from you xx
Friends are really peeing me off at the moment.. I mentioned the possibility of trying for a baby a while back because it's something we're seriously considering (just have a few things to sort out first) and ever since I mentioned it, every single thing I say it's like "you're so pregnant". I mentioned I was tired earlier and my best friend immediately said "you're pregnant". My sister in law comments on things I write on Facebook saying the same thing.. I put something the other day saying I was having a bottle of water (it made more sense in context ha it wasn't just that) and she said "not drinking???? :wink: something to tell me?" when it was clearly because we're in the middle of a sodding heat wave! There are other comments, and when we're out I always get diet coke because I'm tee total anyway regardless of potential babies, my friends know that, yet somehow think it now means I'm pregnant.

Now, it drives me mad. Firstly because right now there's nothing I'd like more than to have a baby, but there are things that need sorted in our lives first. Secondly, it I was pregnant I would tell people who I wanted to know rather than post hints on sodding Facebook. Thirdly, suppose I was stupid enough to give away secrets by posting silly comments.. how stupid to actually ASK ME on my status where everyone can see it..!

I am the first to admit that I'd love a baby, and we're almost there, but why do people feel the need to comment all the time.. it upsets me actually!

Apologies for this rant.. I just hate the way there seems to be so much pressure and expectation when we're doing the right thing by making sure we have somewhere to live and the money to actually raise a child..!
Original post by Anonymous
Friends are really peeing me off at the moment.. I mentioned the possibility of trying for a baby a while back because it's something we're seriously considering (just have a few things to sort out first) and ever since I mentioned it, every single thing I say it's like "you're so pregnant"...

Now, it drives me mad. Firstly because right now there's nothing I'd like more than to have a baby, but there are things that need sorted in our lives first. Secondly, it I was pregnant I would tell people who I wanted to know rather than post hints on sodding Facebook. Thirdly, suppose I was stupid enough to give away secrets by posting silly comments.. how stupid to actually ASK ME on my status where everyone can see it..!

I am the first to admit that I'd love a baby, and we're almost there, but why do people feel the need to comment all the time.. it upsets me actually!

Apologies for this rant.. I just hate the way there seems to be so much pressure and expectation when we're doing the right thing by making sure we have somewhere to live and the money to actually raise a child..!

That would annoy me too. We told no-one we were TTC - so didn't have to face that sort of thing! The first people* knew of it was when we told nearest & dearest after 12 week scan. :biggrin:

You could still backtrack & tell them that unfortunately you've had to put things off for a while longer but they'll be the first to know. :wink:

* Well, non work people - bit hard to cover excessive first trimester vomitting when everything about your job (long hours, stress, erratic eating patterns) makes it even worse & your job is in obstetrics...

balloon_parade & Annie72 - Thank you - we think so too! Looks so different already...

PMP - Big congratulations - awesome sizes!

BlackHawk - Good luck with the testing. Hadn't realized they worked back like that with carrier results for CF but does make sense.

So, BabyElles is now smiling/babbling which makes the ongoing colicy misery a bit better. I need to start trying to get fitter again - tough in this weather though & not going out much still as feeding/colic-y-ness still hard work!
Original post by Anonymous
Friends are really peeing me off at the moment...

That sounds rough - another reason we also haven't told people that we're trying yet. I think one thing you could do is just wait until somebody makes a comment like this and just quietly point out to them that you're not pregnant, won't be for a while, and the jokes are getting a bit old.

I have only told one person that we're TTC, and she's my best friend - she lives miles away but I still speak to her on the phone 2-3 times a week or so - and, tbh, I just can't keep it in from her for 12 weeks when we talk about just about everything else. If it goes south, it goes south, and I'll just talk about that with her too.

Other people, I'd rather not tell for the reason above, but also because if we *do* find it hard to get anywhere, I don't want people expecting/speculating in light of my not being pregnant yet.

Quick Reply

Latest