The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Can't wait for the Thiago saga to be over now! Better to move on instead of dwelling on something that was never meant to be. Good luck to Thiago on wherever he wishes to play. Now United must focus on getting some other top midfielder either Strootman or someone else and they need to act quick on their transfer targets.

LMAO I have near to no hope of us signing a world class CM now. Our recent dealings in the transfer market has shown we never end up with the players we need or think would be ideal for us.

Therefore rule out Strootman. We'll probably end up buying a CB or something ridiculous
Reply 6121
Looks like we are spending another season with a mediocre CM compared to the rest of the top 5/6 teams in the league :frown:
Reply 6122
If ever we needed an expensive marquee signing, this is it. And there's no world class CM's left in market to buy. :^_^:

Look's like Anderson's struck lucky for another year.
Aaaaaaaannnn. Deeeeerrrrrrrrr. Son Son Son.
Original post by itsmyname
LMAO I have near to no hope of us signing a world class CM now. Our recent dealings in the transfer market has shown we never end up with the players we need or think would be ideal for us.

Therefore rule out Strootman. We'll probably end up buying a CB or something ridiculous

Its only been less than a few weeks since the transfer window started so I think we still have plenty of time to find a top quality midfielder. Although I must admit not many top midfielders are available right now but its still early days. Strootman has indicated a desire to play in the Premier League but we may miss out on him since his claimed that 6 teams have enquired about him. We'll just have to wait and see what happens since Moyes did say that they'll most likely do their transfers late on towards the end of the transfer window (hopefully its not too late).
Original post by Wilfred Little
He won't be rotting on the bench and Bayern helped Dortmund a few years ago when they were seriously in the **** financially.

Even if they move Martinez to CB, Schweinsteiger and Gotze will be first choice for DM and AM so Thiago will have to play the other DM. He's not that kind of player is he, he's more attacking I thought?
Original post by manchesterunited15
Even if they move Martinez to CB, Schweinsteiger and Gotze will be first choice for DM and AM so Thiago will have to play the other DM. He's not that kind of player is he, he's more attacking I thought?

Gotze/Muller as the false 9, Muller/Kroos as the number 10 with Thiago dictating play in midfield just ahead of Schweiny.
Reply 6127
Original post by Akkuz
If ever we needed an expensive marquee signing, this is it. And there's no world class CM's left in market to buy. :^_^:

Look's like Anderson's struck lucky for another year.

God what an easy life Anderson has... no wonder hes always smiling.

We need to sign some big players to prove that Moyes can get the best, if we dont get thiago then strooman is a must and id actually have a punt with kaka. Sign him and he will have something to prove and hed be cheap
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Gotze/Muller as the false 9, Muller/Kroos as the number 10 with Thiago dictating play in midfield just ahead of Schweiny.

Lewandowski?
Lewandowski?

He's not there yet
Reply 6130
Original post by JM1987

We need to sign some big players to prove that Moyes can get the best, if we dont get thiago then strooman is a must and id actually have a punt with kaka. Sign him and he will have something to prove and hed be cheap

Ancelotti wants Kaka to stay at RM. Can't see him moving anywhere this season.
When has a player not being on the market stopped other big clubs? About time we spent some real money.
Reply 6132
Showin' the wee lads how it's done. Good to see him back.

Reply 6133
wanted us to get isco but he moved to real, shame

They could just change their system, entirely possible as they've got a new manager now.

Thiago can player all over midfield but is predominantly a CM yeah. He reminds me of Iniesta.
Original post by JM1987

I think Strootman's on his way too Roma.

We're going to have to overpay big time for a midfielder now. Thiago was a perfect signing. Wouldn't be surprised if we signed Garay and saw Phil Jones in midfield a lot more.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
How are they ruining the team? Surely buying two of the brighest stars in the game can only improve your squad?

It's very FM-esque :teeth:

I mean in terms of their playing style. The team looked perfect last year with no errors and pretty much good in every area of the pitch with a lot of depth. Now he's just adding playmakers so he can play possession football.There's no need for such players with the talent they have at their disposal and it's young talent too with kroos and muller there who play in those positions. What happens to the likes of shaqiri/emre can who could easily nail a starting spot at bayern in the future if given games?
Original post by Whitechapel
just waiting for him to tweet "Im joining the champions of Europe"

He'll probably say something like "red is my favourite colour"
Reply 6138
we have been linked with PSGs verratti only seen a bit of him but i like him
Original post by DaveSmith99
When has a player not being on the market stopped other big clubs? About time we spent some real money.
Exactly, you throw £50m at most clubs you'll see movement.

Original post by Wilfred Little
He won't be rotting on the bench and Bayern helped Dortmund a few years ago when they were seriously in the **** financially.
What is the story behind this?

Latest