The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Yay I got offered a place with My first choice Cheshire West and Chester!!! They sent out the email last week but it was sent to an incorrect address, luckily they followed up my non response today! Phew....so pleased, but pretty apprehensive now too....eeek! Xx
Has anyone else been accepted for lancashire?
Reply 402
Original post by Scr4bbleR
Sorry guys, accidentally posted from my daughters account and had to delete. I'll start again :-) Congratulations to you all, I was accepted for Wigan. Look forward to seeing everyone in Aug for the induction.

Aww wow another on the Wigan - there were only two places weren't there? I guess we will be working together in Jan then!! Congratulations to all who have been successful and everyone else who hasn't found out don't give up hope!!!
Reply 403
Hi everyone,
Keep the faith!
I got the call today, got my first choice Bradford Council, I cried i was so happy(-: its been a long week!
They said I'd be getting a letter in a few weeks. Think there was 4 for Bradford. Am sure a lot of us will be at Leeds met uni together.
Best of luck to everyone!
Reply 404
Original post by MDaisy
Aww wow another on the Wigan - there were only two places weren't there? I guess we will be working together in Jan then!! Congratulations to all who have been successful and everyone else who hasn't found out don't give up hope!!!

I have been accepted at Wigan too, see you both in Jan :-)
Reply 405
Original post by JasperJ
aw great that's fantastic well done! He said on the phone they would set up a facebook page so we can all get to know eachother
! Wish it was sooner than Jan!
I got a place with greater Manchester! So happy! Can't quite believe it! X
Original post by Rebecca100
I got a place with greater Manchester! So happy! Can't quite believe it! X

I cant believe ot either. Was so happy I didn't take in what he said on the phone about next steps. When should the letter come? They made ot sound really intense on the day but do you know if we have any annual leave or scheduled hols over the 14 months? X
Has anyone else been accepted for any of the learn together partnership boroughs? I feel a little lonely :frown: lol
Reply 409
Original post by MDaisy

Fabulous, I think we were on different days at the AC. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Congratulations. It still hasn't quite sunk in yet:eek:
Reply 410
Original post by JasperJ

Excellent and congratulations, look forward to meeting you. I believe Wigan pulled out of the last cohort and increased the places available too for this year. :smile:
Reply 411
Original post by Anna Louise R
I cant believe ot either. Was so happy I didn't take in what he said on the phone about next steps. When should the letter come? They made ot sound really intense on the day but do you know if we have any annual leave or scheduled hols over the 14 months? X
<br />
<br />

I asked about this at my interview and was told that there are no scheduled holidays or annual leave during the 14 months. They said you will have reading weeks but most people don't take holidays until the 14 months are finished.

Dean
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 412
Anyone heard anything from the West London Boroughs?
Reply 413
Congratulations to all that have heard the good news. Has anyone heard anything good, bad or indifferent from Worcester yet?
Reply 414
Has anyone heard anything from Kirklees yet?

I hate the wait, it's so unfair!

I've given up hope of a positive reply :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 415
I'm still waiting to hear from the East Midlands partnership. Feels like the longest.... wait..... ever.....
Is it safe to say that if I haven't heard from Staffs by now, I haven't got it?
Agreed. Sick of waiting now. I attended the first ac for east mids so have been waiting since 17 June. Arghhh. I would just like to know one way or the other as I have a holiday booked for Jan that I either want to cancel or get excited about dependent on the outcome of this.
Reply 418
Has anyone who has been accepted had a letter of confirmation yet? Maybe they won't confirm in writing until reference and crb:-/
Anna were you at the assessment day on the 24th at Salford? I didn't take in what he said either!! I think he said we will get a letter through the post and also the uni will contact us shortly x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest