The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4420
Original post by AlligatorSky
It would be much easier if I was in Pakistan..

What makes you say that?
Original post by sahdia13
Congratulations! That's really good :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:

Original post by hasan4life
hi lol ,lovely weather :biggrin:

Hardly. I feel really thirsty in this heat. And I was wearing a suit all day. Only just got back now. I set off around 10am, and got back at 20 past 8

Original post by lilmissshady
Congrats dude :smile:

Thanks :smile: Don't blame me if the middle east goes down :biggrin:
Reply 4422
Original post by de_monies

Hardly. I feel really thirsty in this heat. And I was wearing a suit all day. Only just got back now. I set off around 10am, and got back at 20 past 8

Well done!! :grin:
Original post by Revent
Well done!! :grin:

Here be the email:

Original post by Drizz
What makes you say that?

They're shorter. And there's more to do there.

:confused:
:confused:

??? You mean my whole middle East thing? All of TNT's data in the world goes through their UK data centre
??? You mean my whole middle East thing? All of TNT's data in the world goes through their UK data centre

Oh right I see...that's cool :smile: so how are rozay treating you so far?
Oh right I see...that's cool :smile: so how are rozay treating you so far?

Tbf, I think today's probably the worst one, because well I was driving in the heat, and I was parked on the motorway.... There was like a 60 minute delay, which turned in to a 90 minute one, which turned in to a bit less, when my sat nav decided that there was a quicker route (which was to go around)

Here's what data centres *tend* to look like btw:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&q=Small+data+centre&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.ZWU&biw=1366&bih=643&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=DofgUeS-OIfaOK-ugYgH

Every chassis is locked with a key, door is locked, there's a sticky mat to try and stop dust, a drip tray in case water leaks...

They're also surprisingly cold (air con I guess) And the noise is made by all the equipment
(edited 10 years ago)
Tbf, I think today's probably the worst one, because well I was driving in the heat, and I was parked on the motorway.... There was like a 60 minute delay, which turned in to a 90 minute one, which turned in to a bit less, when my sat nav decided that there was a quicker route (which was to go around)

Here's what data centres *tend* to look like btw:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&q=Small+data+centre&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.ZWU&biw=1366&bih=643&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=DofgUeS-OIfaOK-ugYgH

Every chassis is locked with a key, door is locked, there's a sticky mat to try and stop dust, a drip tray in case water leaks...

They're also surprisingly cold (air con I guess) And the noise is made by all the equipment

Ohh that doesn't sound so good...but thanks to technology you were saved :smile:

wow!! :eek: you got yourself such cool job!!!! Lucky you!
Ohh that doesn't sound so good...but thanks to technology you were saved :smile:

wow!! :eek: you got yourself such cool job!!!! Lucky you!

Well I don't think I'd always be in the data centre... Probs a lot of support like with routers and stuff. Though just seeing their data centre was pretty cool!

And yeah I was saved due to my sat nav I guess. I was also saved by my sat nav on the phone, when I ran basically completely out of fuel...
Well I don't think I'd always be in the data centre... Probs a lot of support like with routers and stuff. Though just seeing their data centre was pretty cool!

And yeah I was saved due to my sat nav I guess. I was also saved by my sat nav on the phone, when I ran basically completely out of fuel...

But you have a hybrid!?
But you have a hybrid!?

Yup I do, but it doesn't run *just* on electric for a certain range. It still requires fuel
Reply 4433
Original post by AlligatorSky
They're shorter. And there's more to do there.

I completely understand by what you mean. It's much, much easier to occupy yourself there.
Yup I do, but it doesn't run *just* on electric for a certain range. It still requires fuel

Oh right I see...oh btw I was reading this phobia list and turns out I've major Coulrophobia LOL

oh and there's this one called Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored. :'( it's so sad :'(
Reply 4435
Original post by Maryb_102
Man how you know? Lool :wink:
yeah alhamdulillh not bad, fasts are going good, i had heartburn at sehri tho :/
sis back yet? The weather is so perf right now!

I think its cuz of oily food o.o I get it when reading isha namaz and taraweeh so have to keep sme water by me.. And yeah shes back! She stayed for 3 nyts but had to go back cuz it looks bad to the in-laws -.-, ramadhan aswell so she has to help, xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maria_x
I think its cuz of oily food o.o I get it when reading isha namaz and taraweeh so have to keep sme water by me.. And yeah shes back! She stayed for 3 nyts but had to go back cuz it looks bad to the in-laws -.-, ramadhan aswell so she has to help, xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

And then one of my followers on twitter are like have gaviscon-they knew i was fasting-.- lol
Aww yaay :biggrin: but omg in-laws mehhh :/ would have been awesome if she stayed longer!
just had sehri, man i can't even eat much at this time but force myself xx
Oh right I see...oh btw I was reading this phobia list and turns out I've major Coulrophobia LOL

oh and there's this one called Athazagoraphobia- Fear of being forgotton or ignored. :'( it's so sad :'(

Oh I see. I think that's a common one (I had to google it) And hmm I think that a lot of people have some sort of element of the second one,though dw, I wouldn't ignore you unless well Im sleeping :biggrin:
Oh I see. I think that's a common one (I had to google it) And hmm I think that a lot of people have some sort of element of the second one,though dw, I wouldn't ignore you unless well Im sleeping :biggrin:

Yeah...well I'm the only one who has it in my family :frown:

Lol I don't have the second one Alhumdullillah..but I feel bad for whoever does :frown:

I like being ignored :colone: jk
Yeah...well I'm the only one who has it in my family :frown:

Lol I don't have the second one Alhumdullillah..but I feel bad for whoever does :frown:

I like being ignored :colone: jk

I guess people intentionally try and annoy you for that? I have a fear of heights I guess
Oh fair enoughs. You were just listing it. Tbf, I guess it depends on how extreme you have it...

FIne then Ill ignore you :biggrin: (Also jk)

Latest

Trending

Trending