The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6220
Were playing Singha All Star XI today. The match sold out in 22 minutes :tongue:
Reply 6221
How's the Thiago hunt going guys? You were all so sure about it two weeks ago. Another name to add to the list of Sneijder, Hazard and Lucas Moura.

I heard he'd prefer to work with Guardiola than Moe from the Simpson's anyway
Original post by Musester
How's the Thiago hunt going guys? You were all so sure about it two weeks ago. Another name to add to the list of Sneijder, Hazard and Lucas Moura.

For once I agree with you. And dont forget they were 100% going to sign Fabregas and Ronaldo aswell. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What happened to Falcao, Hulk and Cavani? Has your club ran out of money or maybe none of the worlds best strikers want to go to Chelsea! I wonder why.......
Did Adnan Januzaj sign a new contract? He looks like a pretty good prospect.

:biggrin: About a month spent glued to Twitter looking for scraps from 'reliable' tweeters for nothing.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
What happened to Falcao, Hulk and Cavani? Has your club ran out of money or maybe none of the worlds best strikers want to go to Chelsea! I wonder why.......

Chelsea will actually make marquee signings though even if they did miss out on those names. Also they've got Mourinho back so it's not like before when managers were getting sacked constantly. Abramovich has admitted he was wrong by appointing him and I expect Mourinho to be there for a while.

You forgot Ozil. Failed comment.
Reply 6228
How's the Thiago hunt going guys? You were all so sure about it two weeks ago.

Actually, most people have been doubting it for a while now, probably since about two weeks ago. Do you even read?

Original post by CB91
For once I agree with you. And dont forget they were 100% going to sign Fabregas and Ronaldo aswell. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because you read The Sun and it says we're signing Fabregas, doesn't mean we're signing Fabregas. Arsenal are 100% signing Fabregas too, so go post it in their thread as well. They'll think you're just as silly.
Original post by xDave-
Actually, most people have been doubting it for a while now, probably since about two weeks ago. Do you even read?

Just because you read The Sun and it says we're signing Fabregas, doesn't mean we're signing Fabregas. Arsenal are 100% signing Fabregas too, so go post it in their thread as well. They'll think you're just as silly.

I dont read The Sun. :rolleyes:

Ive heard and read it all from Man United fans, not newspapers.

The Arsenal thread is already a shambles so no need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mkhitaryan is going to be great for you guys, you might finally finish above Everton now.

(Did anyone one here actually think we were signing Fabregas or Ronaldo btw?)
Original post by DaveSmith99
Mkhitaryan is going to be great for you guys, you might finally finish above Everton now.

(Did anyone one here actually think we were signing Fabregas or Ronaldo btw?)

Don't think anyone even mentioned that we were certain of signing Fabregas or/and Ronaldo. Obviously everyone's hopeful that we might sign Ronaldo maybe not in this transfer window but sometime in the future. But Fabregas no way we will sign him cause of the complications involved. So I don't know why some fans of other clubs seem to accuse United fans of things they haven't even said.
Don't think anyone even mentioned that we were certain of signing Fabregas or/and Ronaldo. Obviously everyone's hopeful that we might sign Ronaldo maybe not in this transfer window but sometime in the future. But Fabregas no way we will sign him cause of the complications involved. So I don't know why some fans of other clubs seem to accuse United fans of things they haven't even said.

Anybody who even entertained the thought that you were going to sign Ronaldo is absolutely deluded.

No chance, not in a million years.
Reply 6233
I don't think we will ever see Ronaldo back at United if he signs a new long-term contract. He'd be 33/34 by the time it expires + SAF is no longer manager (which was important to him because they had a very good relationship).
It strange how people have read things, the only thing I think people really entertained was Thiago. Ronaldo was just a case of, if he doesn't sign another deal at Real, if he doesn't go for the big bucks in Russia or go Stateside, if he is considering a return to the PL, then we would be in with a chance. Fabregas was a joke, did anyone actually entertain that? I would say Thiago is the only transfer story of the summer so far.

Falcao is a slave to his agent. Hulk as one of the worlds best strikers :rofl: he's been terrible for a year now, Cavani would be good but I think we could get a player near or around his level for half his price, look at balotelli e.g. 14 in 15 appearances for milan and he costed 24 million.

Original post by Wilfred Little
:biggrin: About a month spent glued to Twitter looking for scraps from 'reliable' tweeters for nothing.

Why do people listen to these tweeters anyway.
Original post by jam277
Falcao is a slave to his agent. Hulk as one of the worlds best strikers :rofl: he's been terrible for a year now, Cavani would be good but I think we could get a player near or around his level for half his price, look at balotelli e.g. 14 in 15 appearances for milan and he costed 24 million.

Why do people listen to these tweeters anyway.

I don't know what your definition of world class is if you think they're not. Now Chelsea are after Benteke who compared to those players is not near world class. And I agree Cavani isn't worth the reported £50 odd million but nor is/was Torres when you bought him so whats changed now? You're owner has learnt from his mistake of buying Torres and doesn't want to take the risk? Only he knows. And the only reason Man City let Balotelli go for so less was because of his behaviour and attitude on the pitch he seemed like he didn't want to be there.
I don't know what your definition of world class is if you think they're not. Now Chelsea are after Benteke who compared to those players is not near world class. And I agree Cavani isn't worth the reported £50 odd million but nor is/was Torres when you bought him so whats changed now? You're owner has learnt from his mistake of buying Torres and doesn't want to take the risk? Only he knows. And the only reason Man City let Balotelli go for so less was because of his behaviour and attitude on the pitch he seemed like he didn't want to be there.

Have you watched hulk for the past year and use that as a reason to call him world class? Nope.
Did I say or suggest that falcao and cavani aren't world class? Nope
Did you put words into my mouth and try to make assertions that are clearly untrue because you can't handle the fact that your team struggling to get key signings in that you should have bagged by now? Yes
Did I say why we haven't gone for cavani? Yes
Did I explain why falcao went to monaco? Yes

Furthermore, would you pay above 35m for balotelli even right now? I highly doubt it. Fabregas went for 35m

Why we haven't bought a striker yet. I'm not going to bother going into that as this is the united thread. Benteke at chelsea is unlikely. I have to ask you your age btw as you put so much nonsense in a post.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Have you watched hulk for the past year and use that as a reason to call him world class? Nope.
Did I say or suggest that falcao and cavani aren't world class? Nope
Did you put words into my mouth and try to make assertions that are clearly untrue because you can't handle the fact that your team struggling to get key signings in that you should have bagged by now? Yes
Did I say why we haven't gone for cavani? Yes
Did I explain why falcao went to monaco? Yes

Why we haven't bought a striker yet. I'm not going to bother going into that as this is the united thread. Benteke at chelsea is unlikely. I have to ask you your age btw as you put so much nonsense in a post.

Players are gonna have a dips in form in they're playing career doesn't mean they're not world class anymore. Hulk wouldn't be playing for Brazil if he wasn't.

Okay sorry I just assumed that you were making a point that they weren't world class. You could have made yourself a little clearer there though.

And about the 'assertions' point, other than your owner not taking the risk which other assertion did I make? And you've made plenty of assertions yourself.......why Falcao went to Monaco? cause of his agent!! Benteke at Chelsea unlikely!! And I think I'm aware that United haven't made key signings but many teams in the Premier League are failing to sign key players that they've wanted. So I don't why you're only on the United trend to talk about it.

And I'd like to know the reason why Chelsea haven't signed a striker yet cause since you already are on the United trend might as well get your point out.

And I don't know what my age has got to do with anything anyway, its called a forum people are allowed to have their opinions no matter what it is like you and I have made. You're probably just another football fan who's so full of himself who thinks his always right.
Reply 6239
Manchester United XI: Ben Amos, Fabio, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Alex Buttner, Anderson, Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick, Adnan Januzaj, Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck.

Subs: Anders Lindegaard, Rafael, Patrice Evra, Phil Jones, Wilfried Zaha, Jesse Lingard, Michael Keane

Latest