The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6280
Well that was a short little cameo from Musester, banned again :rofl:
Original post by Zürich
Wouldnt know anything about the EL mate, never been in it. Plenty of glory beating Basel, Bucharest and Kazan after being embarrassed by proper teams in the group stage though, especially after spending yet another 100m on players for the pleasure.

Oh come on... :rolleyes:

lmao. Over 1100 followers as well. Wtf? Has to be a joke.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by doggyfizzel

Have some rep. That is fantastic.

Not quite as good as that John Terry gif but it's up there.

Well they are asking for donations, probably just some 14 year old thinking he can get rich.

Obvious wum, pretty funny though.
Original post by Musester
An Arsenal fan saying winning the Europa League is a bad thing. Oh ho ho.

Original post by Zürich
Wouldnt know anything about the EL mate, never been in it. Plenty of glory beating Basel, Bucharest and Kazan after being embarrassed by proper teams in the group stage though, especially after spending yet another 100m on players for the pleasure.

Let's be honest Arsenal had a better European season than Chelsea.
Original post by DaveSmith99
Well that was a short little cameo from Musester, banned again :rofl:
He's pushing hard for the WUM award come the end of the year. Managed about 6-7 post since his last app.

Original post by Wilfred Little
Have some rep. That is fantastic.

Not quite as good as that John Terry gif but it's up there.
Thinking of John Terry, and his seal dive at the 2010 WC, I don't think anyone posted a gif of Vidic's heroic captain's effort against Swansea. This is commitment.
Absolutley love that Vidic gif :colone:
I am about to show you two images that WILL blow your mind.

David de gea before his eye surgery in 2006
BPE6MN0CUAAwAQo.png

And Fergie/Moyes first match results.
BPE8Ul8CcAA9E2O.jpg

First one is a Photoshopped. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
I am about to show you two images that WILL blow your mind.

David de gea before his eye surgery in 2006
BPE6MN0CUAAwAQo.png

And Fergie/Moyes first match results.
BPE8Ul8CcAA9E2O.jpg

First one is a Photoshopped. :tongue:

You'd be lucky if Moyes achieves a quarter of what Fergie did at Utd.
David Moyes has to be sacked, he's lost his first game!
Reply 6292
Is a Moyes Out Brigade being formed already? :p:

Did you guys actually get to see the game? I hear Zaha was pretty decent when he came on. :holmes:
If Welbeck took half his chances United would have won that game or at least had a draw. I don't doubt his effort and commitment but his finishing is absolutely poor!
The thing I don't understand with Welbeck is that he trains with the likes of Rooney, RVP and Hernandez. Surely he could pick up a thing or two from them? He lacks any sort of composure, for example in the Madrid game where he had a chance to square it to someone in a better position but there was just blood rushing to his head and he ended up wasting the chance. I think it's criminal he's been used ahead of Hernandez, sure there is more to his game in link-up play but the main aim of a striker is to put the ball in the back of the net.
Welbeck isn't being used ahead of Hernandez. Welbeck only started as the #9 today, because we have no other strikers available. Last season, most of his apperances were on the left wing. Not as the #9.

I like Welbeck, but he seems to be alergic to the goal. He wastes so many good opportunities.
Reply 6296
Wayne Rooney will not be offered an extension to his Manchester United deal http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8823619/Wayne-Rooney-will-not-be-offered-an-extension-to-his-Manchester-United-deal

Not sure what to make of this. Do we want a club to come in with an offer..? Or maybe, he's refused a contract.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6297
Original post by TheInvincibles14
The thing I don't understand with Welbeck is that he trains with the likes of Rooney, RVP and Hernandez. Surely he could pick up a thing or two from them? He lacks any sort of composure, for example in the Madrid game where he had a chance to square it to someone in a better position but there was just blood rushing to his head and he ended up wasting the chance. I think it's criminal he's been used ahead of Hernandez, sure there is more to his game in link-up play but the main aim of a striker is to put the ball in the back of the net.

Well, Welbeck hasn't actually played as a striker when he's played most of the time. He's often left or right wing, not that he has any assist statistics to brag about either.

I'm not a fan personally. He has moments where he shows he's very aware of his teammates positioning and can pull off a fancy pass or dummy, but I don't feel he offers much more, other than good workrate. But, to be fair to him, why would he do well playing out of position? In the 2011/12 season he did pretty decent and was usually played up top.

Original post by Akkuz
Wayne Rooney will not be offered an extension to his Manchester United deal http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8823619/Wayne-Rooney-will-not-be-offered-an-extension-to-his-Manchester-United-deal

Not sure what to make of this. Do we want a club to come in with an offer..? Or maybe, he's refused a contract.

Based on what we've heard so far, which is Moyes refusing to say Rooney has said he wants to stay i.e. suggesting the opposite has been said, I assume he doesn't want to stay, so naturally he won't sign a new contract even if he was offered one. Then it just comes down to whether the club want to keep him for his remaining two years, I suppose. If they think they can force him to play an important role for 2 years, then it might be worth keeping him. But if not, then we're probably looking to sell now while we can still get a lot for him.

Appaz Moyes said this, according to Goal.com:
"Wayne’s got a major part to play because we need to try and get him as many goals as we possibly can," he said.

"Overall, my thought on Wayne is that if for any reason we had an injury to Robin van Persie we are going to need him and I want as many options as possible.

"It’s going to be a time to see how I work with him. Wayne, in a way, fits that as well. We need to see how it works. Maybe in a year’s time we might have to look at something else."

"Manchester United isn’t about Wayne Rooney. Manchester United is about the team, the club," Moyes added.

"We are talking about him now, and rightly so, but I won’t allow Wayne Rooney to become more important than the football club."

Doesn't sound like we're that bothered about Rooney then anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
‘Have you watched hulk for the past year and use that as a reason to call him world class? Nope.’ How do you back this up??? You don’t know what I watch so stop chatting **** about making assertions that you assume are backing up!

'…..the fact that your team struggling to get key signing that you should have bagged by now…..' The only player that we've been linked and were reportedly close to signing is Thiago but Moyes denied he was a target. So where’s your backing for that? And what other key ‘signings’ this summer have we been close to but haven't signed?

I'll say this now and I'll say it again if you watched hulk the past year you would not say he's world class as he's been shocking. The second bit I'm talking about key midfield signings like moura sneijder nasri haard signings that your team needed(although you got kagawa tbf). I didn't say this summer either
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Musester you silly fella

He does it way too much tbh it gets boring and that welbeck gif is too funny
Original post by Zürich

How about being UEFA cup runners up in 2000 and being embarrassed by teams in that group stage? Oh wait you don't remember that?

Latest