The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Harold
I don't want to hang around in the school hall opening it. I think I might open it on my way home or at home.

Yeh good idea I might take it home and open it in my room...
Original post by theTalker25
Am I the only one who's a tad excited and relieved as the day approaches? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I can't wait to find out what I've got and whether my predictions were correct !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I really excited to get the results & make sure to get it over with it. Really don`t care what the results is (bad or good). Just want to do A-Level as best as I can & get to the course I want to.
yeah the question were weird but, I prepared well for it! Found it good though! :smile:
Reply 644

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm with you there, I really want it to be here so I can just see what I got because I don't really have any major expectations on me. I also really want September to come so I can get on with Sixth Form for some reason, even though I know at the time I will be wishing it was still the hols! :biggrin:
Original post by tess_rach
I don't know about you, but I've just finished year eleven and my teachers made a huge deal about the fact that we were doing a new syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did do a new syllabus, however the current Year 10's are doing an even newer syllabus which does not contain modular exams.
Reply 646
Original post by Joe7
We did do a new syllabus, however the current Year 10's are doing an even newer syllabus which does not contain modular exams.

Isn't it the same syllabus but just in a linear format? Because if you look on their spec its the same as ours, so the article is referring to people in taking the new spec, if that is correct.
Original post by a123a
Isn't it the same syllabus but just in a linear format? Because if you look on their spec its the same as ours, so the article is referring to people in taking the new spec, if that is correct.

The syllabus they are taking is similar to ours, just as our syllabus was very similar to the previous syllabus, but they are not identical.

The results for our science modules will be similar to those of previous modules sat in January and last summer. There will be no drop in grades as far as our course is concerned.
Reply 648
Original post by Joe7
The syllabus they are taking is similar to ours, just as our syllabus was very similar to the previous syllabus, but they are not identical.

The results for our science modules will be similar to those of previous modules sat in January and last summer. There will be no drop in grades as far as our course is concerned.

Yeah I know gb won't be changed because of this, but most likely the no. of A*s for full course science will drop for our year in comparison to the old spec.
Reply 649
Original post by a123a
Yeah I know gb won't be changed because of this, but most likely the no. of A*s for full course science will drop for our year in comparison to the old spec.

It won't be by much. They try to keep the same number of people getting each grade per year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yead, they have 'fixed' boundaries meaning, they have the same number of people year on year obtaining the same grades.
Reply 651
From a scale to 1-10 are these GCSE's good 4a*, 6a's and one B( highest you can get, pfwl, half GCSE,)
Original post by cucum
From a scale to 1-10 are these GCSE's good 4a*, 6a's and one B( highest you can get, pfwl, half GCSE,)

seven Or more
what do people think about the edexcel maths gcse grade boundaries? what do you think they will be like?
Reply 654
Original post by cucum

Well out of the 10/11A*s it would be a 7/10, but compared to what I will be getting 10/10! :tongue:
Reply 655
Original post by Thiscantbeblank
Yeh the AQA Science A course I found the exams really easy to be honest,but I did do loads of past papers so this came in handy especially for the chem exam which had repeats of questions from past papers like the question about how nitrogen oxides are formed !!

Yeah, it came to the point where I started talking to myself to remember the analytically side of things.
Reply 656
Original post by Captain Anonymous
what do people think about the edexcel maths gcse grade boundaries? what do you think they will be like?

Are you worried about them?
:rolleyes:
Im on holiday, can I get one of my friends to pick it up for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can, but you would have to speak to your exams officer and sign something or other :smile:
Reply 659
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my school if you want someone to pick them up for you, it has to be a relative and they have to bring a signed letter from you giving them permission to pick the results up. I would contact your exams office/ school and just ask them.

Latest