medicine dance offffffff!!!!!!!

Hell yeh!
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 121
Uniform fitting for nursing on Thursday :smile:
excited :biggrin:
anyone else applied for Barnes accomadation?
Original post by Yaz6614
Uniform fitting for nursing on Thursday :smile:
excited :biggrin:
anyone else applied for Barnes accomadation?

I didn't know you could apply to a specific hall.
Reply 123
Nurses & medical stidents get put in the Barnes I think x
Original post by Yaz6614
Nurses & medical stidents get put in the Barnes I think x

Ahh ok, I heard all sorts of different things, like Barnes is reserved for 3 rd years etc.

We will soon see lol
Original post by Meaux
Firmed for Marketing & Business Management!
I'm also on a gap year atm. ^^

Hi I am waiting for Keele to reply to me to say that I am in. I have achieved the grades I need to study a duel BA hons in business management and human resource management. I achieved DDM in BTEC Business in West Cheshire College.
I see that you have chosen one of the same courses as me. Hope to see you there.
Have you had a letter or email to say that you are defiantly accepted?
Excited to see some new Biomeds coming to Keele- I love the course myself :smile:.
Medics/nurses etc are usually spread out between Barnes and Hawthorns, and are usually kept in small groups - I had 3 or 4 medics living in my block. And my friend lived with 3 other midwives in her flat of 4.
anyone know when unconditional applicants get their accommodation? i hear it's at the end of the month?
x
Reply 128
yeah medics :smile:
Very few medics i know had accommodation with other medics last year (im 2nd year) and i didn't know anyone living in Barnes although lots lived in Hawthorns. Think it can vary really, just luck of the draw.
Original post by jqjq
yeah medics :smile:
Very few medics i know had accommodation with other medics last year (im 2nd year) and i didn't know anyone living in Barnes although lots lived in Hawthorns. Think it can vary really, just luck of the draw.

I like the idea of living with non medics otherwise you'd be with medics all the time.

Although I will be jealous when they have more free time.
Reply 130
[QUOTE="Stoic;43519876" The="The" Angry="Angry"]I like the idea of living with non medics otherwise you'd be with medics all the time.

Although I will be jealous when they have more free time.[/QUOTE

Exactly, they have so much free time in comparison :L
It does just give you a break from medicine and helps you meet more people etc.
[QUOTE="jqjq;43520038"]
Original post by The Angry Stoic
I like the idea of living with non medics otherwise you'd be with medics all the time.

Although I will be jealous when they have more free time.[/QUOTE

Exactly, they have so much free time in comparison :L
It does just give you a break from medicine and helps you meet more people etc.

Do you know when freshers starts this year? I've been told a start date but I don't know if that's the start of freshers or of term proper.
Reply 132
[QUOTE="Stoic;43520123" The="The" Angry="Angry"]
Original post by jqjq

Do you know when freshers starts this year? I've been told a start date but I don't know if that's the start of freshers or of term proper.

First day is 30th september and freshers lasts for a week.

You'll have introductory sessions for all of your departments and there might be some icebreaker activities.

Proper lectures will start the 7th October.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="SaySaam;43520371"]

First day is 30th september and freshers lasts for a week.

You'll have introductory sessions for all of your departments and there might be some icebreaker activities.

Proper lectures will start the 7th October.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So exciting! Do you know what sort of stuff is happening in freshers?
Reply 134
[QUOTE="Stoic;43520449" The="The" Angry="Angry"]
Original post by SaySaam

So exciting! Do you know what sort of stuff is happening in freshers?

I don't know if they've released the events for this year yet, but from what happened last year you can probably expect:

Club Nights, Karaoke, Comedy Night, Quiz, Pool Competitions, and a Freshers Ball which should have a decent musician playing (last year it was Example).

If you're going to go to the Freshers Ball, you should definitely either by the Freshers Wristband or get a ticket the first day they're out. Standing in a queue waiting for last minutes tickets is not the best way to spend your Friday afternoons!

In case you haven't found the group yet (and I haven't read the thread) here's the link to the Fresher's page :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/660138154000882/?fref=ts
[QUOTE="SaySaam;43520651"]

I don't know if they've released the events for this year yet, but from what happened last year you can probably expect:

Club Nights, Karaoke, Comedy Night, Quiz, Pool Competitions, and a Freshers Ball which should have a decent musician playing (last year it was Example).

If you're going to go to the Freshers Ball, you should definitely either by the Freshers Wristband or get a ticket the first day they're out. Standing in a queue waiting for last minutes tickets is not the best way to spend your Friday afternoons!

In case you haven't found the group yet (and I haven't read the thread) here's the link to the Fresher's page :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/660138154000882/?fref=ts

Thanks! As long as there is alcohol and ladies for me to use terrible pick up lines on I'm there.
Reply 136
[QUOTE="Stoic;43520698" The="The" Angry="Angry"]
Original post by SaySaam

Thanks! As long as there is alcohol and ladies for me to use terrible pick up lines on I'm there.

If you're going to be going to the SU a lot, definitely invest in the wristband. It saves on queuing as well, because you get to go in a different door, and it's well worth it :smile:
[QUOTE="SaySaam;43520735"]

If you're going to be going to the SU a lot, definitely invest in the wristband. It saves on queuing as well, because you get to go in a different door, and it's well worth it :smile:

What exactly does it get you?
Reply 138
[QUOTE="Stoic;43520749" The="The" Angry="Angry"]
Original post by SaySaam

What exactly does it get you?

I'm assuming it'll be the same this year, but it was free entry to the Fresher's Ball, and either free or discounted entry to all of the other events on at the SU during the week. I think the discounts were usually halfprice as well.

It also gets you in at a different door to the nights to the people who have to show their keele cards and pay, so you can skip the queue to get in.

Tickets to freshers ball sell out really quickly though, so its often worth getting the wristband purely to make sure that you can get in on that night.

(Plus you get a pretty wristband that you can keep to remember freshers week by :P)
[QUOTE="SaySaam;43520849"]

I'm assuming it'll be the same this year, but it was free entry to the Fresher's Ball, and either free or discounted entry to all of the other events on at the SU during the week. I think the discounts were usually halfprice as well.

It also gets you in at a different door to the nights to the people who have to show their keele cards and pay, so you can skip the queue to get in.

Tickets to freshers ball sell out really quickly though, so its often worth getting the wristband purely to make sure that you can get in on that night.

(Plus you get a pretty wristband that you can keep to remember freshers week by :P)

Sounds good!

Quick Reply

Latest