The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Chemistry C4C5C6 - 13/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeadUnicorn
They probably do in normal places, but where I am from they usually say something like "S'COOL BRUH!" :biggrin:

:nah: it's used for French peeps.:yy
Reply 581
Original post by Baylo97
I got 0.08 too - I can't actually remember but it sounds about right - just looked back at method and it was right way to do the question so hopefully we got it right :smile:

You definitely got it right with 0.08 concentration, me and my friends got that and we had practices those kind of questions several times so were kind of like mini pros at the titration and concentration questions. Don't doubt yourself :wink:. I always find it better to come out of an exam knowing you got everything right and being confident in yourself, rather than instantly trying to pick at what you got wrong, and assuming that just because everyone else got the same answer that you didn't, you were wrong. Chances are you were right and they just all made the same silly mistake. Hope you do well on results day :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 582
So what does everyone think the grade boundaries will be like? My teacher told me that they were pretty low last year, but do you think it will be the same this year? :smile:
Original post by ellie97
So what does everyone think the grade boundaries will be like? My teacher told me that they were pretty low last year, but do you think it will be the same this year? :smile:

Last year:
A*: 46
A: 37
B: 28

This year:
A*:Aprox 50
A:Aprox 42
B: Aprox 34

(Because of new Section D...that said...they might be the same because it's a new spec, but they shouldn't be lower, if they go lower it'll be by about 3 marks each boundary)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benwalters1996
Last year:
A*: 46
A: 37
B: 28

This year:
A*:Aprox 50
A:Aprox 42
B: Aprox 34

(Because of new Section D...that said...they might be the same because it's a new spec, but they shouldn't be lower, if they go lower it'll be by about 3 marks each boundary)

Posted from TSR Mobile

For last year's grade boundaries, is that for the old spec (because the old spec was out of 60 marks rather than 85)? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BP_Tranquility
For last year's grade boundaries, is that for the old spec (because the old spec was out of 60 marks rather than 85)? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Old spec was 75 each time wasn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by benwalters1996
Old spec was 75 each time wasn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the old spec was out of 60- there was no section D and each module was 20 marks each :smile:
Reply 587
Original post by BP_Tranquility
No, the old spec was out of 60- there was no section D and each module was 20 marks each :smile:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23290889

BBC news article was published today, explaining that the science syllabus is harder this year, and they are expecting lower grades across the country.
Should this article worry us?
Original post by ellie97
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23290889

BBC news article was published today, explaining that the science syllabus is harder this year, and they are expecting lower grades across the country.
Should this article worry us?

Surely lower grade boundaries are better for us? :tongue:
Reply 589
Original post by Zippyzazu
Surely lower grade boundaries are better for us? :tongue:

He said "lower grades", not lower grade boundaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending