The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paul PTS
My garden in city is about 8 hundreds square metres.

Your garden? Do you own it?? Hmmm I guess there is a lot of land to go round in Russia...:rolleyes:
Reply 3881
Original post by EmilyJayne14
Have fun in Italy!! Where are you going?? Oh, it would help you if you knew the topic, as you could learn specific vocab, but oh well. Our school's on Edexcel for languages, but I bet you could find the specification for AQA and see what you need to learn! Esta bien :smile:

I'm off to Pompeii with the school Geography department, though I assume little Geography will be taking place. Instead attempted multilingualism and terrible accents shall be rife. I'm the only person apart from teachers who speaks any Italian so it should be fun, though tbh as it's a tourist area I assume the Italians will be speaking English. Ho hum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thatitootoo
Your garden? Do you own it?? Hmmm I guess there is a lot of land to go round in Russia...:rolleyes:

This garden is near city park with the old ponds in one direction (5 minutes), forest lake in half an hour walk from there, the monastery in the forest, where some famous Russian philosophies were burried (20 minutes walk). Railroad station (and bus station) is in 10 minutes walk. It's the railroad station on the way from Moscow to Yaroslavl. And Lavra, Lavra is just in 20 minutes walk. :smile:
Very tempted to try and learn Italian to GCSE standard. I'm reading Dan Brown's 'Inferno', which is laden with Italian and solely through what I know in Spanish, can translate it easily enough. What do you reckon?
This garden is near city park with the old ponds in one direction (5 minutes), forest lake in half an hour walk from there, the monastery in the forest, where some famous Russian philosophies were burried (20 minutes walk). Railroad station (and bus station) is in 10 minutes walk. It's the railroad station on the way from Moscow to Yaroslavl. And Lavra, Lavra is just in 20 minutes walk. :smile:

Inbox me more about this property of yours, I'm a Nigerian prince...:wink:
Original post by thatitootoo
Inbox me more about this property of yours, I'm a Nigerian prince...:wink:

Now I remember you. :biggrin:
Have you found rich old lady to marry, as you wanted? :biggrin:
Now I remember you. :biggrin:
Have you found rich old lady to marry, as you wanted? :biggrin:

I've branched out to Gentlemen now.
That's in the south. :smile: As I suppose local population already collects mushrooms to eat.
:rolleyes:
As I heard people already for a week collect mushrooms just a bit to the south from Moscow. And I live in the north-east part of Moscow region...
On Saturday I have been at forest myself and collect only half of the small basket. The majority of the mushrooms I collect I need to boil and salt. But as I understood in the forest the mushrooms may appear over here just in one-two weeks.

No mushrooms here :nah:

Plenty of flies and spiders though.
Original post by SecretDuck
No mushrooms here :nah:

Plenty of flies and spiders though.

If I were there I would take in the country metal detector. :biggrin:
I would look for the Cozaks treasures there. :rolleyes:
If I were there I would take in the country metal detector. :biggrin:
I would look for the Cozaks treasures there. :rolleyes:

Yeah, treasure is there. In the old chicken sheds of the people who live there.

Spoiler

Original post by aasvogel
Very tempted to try and learn Italian to GCSE standard. I'm reading Dan Brown's 'Inferno', which is laden with Italian and solely through what I know in Spanish, can translate it easily enough. What do you reckon?

I've read that! And because I'm going to Florence in February, I'm teaching myself Italian on DuoLingo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3891
Original post by tess_rach
Me gusta las ciencias también, pero he decidido a hacer mi bachillerato en las lenguas y la historia en vez de la biología, que casi elegí :smile: Piensé que sería traductora pero no me gusta trabajar en una oficina :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jaja yo soy lo contrario. No tengo la paciencia ni el interés en enseñar a niños. Durante mi semana de experiencia laboral en el año 10, trabajé en una escuela como ayudante y ¡los niños me volvieron loco! No dejarían de gritar porque estaban tan emocionados por tener un visitante. Prefiero sentarme en un laboratorio o una oficina climatizada y trabajar tranquila y calmadamente. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Krollo
I'm off to Pompeii with the school Geography department, though I assume little Geography will be taking place. Instead attempted multilingualism and terrible accents shall be rife. I'm the only person apart from teachers who speaks any Italian so it should be fun, though tbh as it's a tourist area I assume the Italians will be speaking English. Ho hum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was there in April with my Classics department; more or less everybody speaks English there :mmm: Where are you actually staying? I stayed in Sorrento (like a 20min train journey from Pompeii).
J'ai fini le dernier* devoir aujourd'hui!

J'ai trouvé ces pages Web sur la langue latine. Celle-ci est en français (http://www.rue89.com/2013/04/19/jai-37-ans-jecoute-radio-latin-amour-241633) et celle-là est en allemand (http://yle.fi/radio1/tiede/nuntii_latini/nuntii_latini_-_auf_deutsch_24555.html)

Diese Webseite ist auf Deutsch. Es dreht sich um die lateinische Sprache. Sie ist leicht zu lesen für einen A2-Student. http://yle.fi/radio1/tiede/nuntii_latini/nuntii_latini_-_auf_deutsch_24555.html

*This suggests it should precede the non in this context. http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english-french/last?showCookiePolicy=true
Original post by AquisM
Jaja yo soy lo contrario. No tengo la paciencia ni el interés en enseñar a niños. Durante mi semana de experiencia laboral en el año 10, trabajé en una escuela como ayudante y ¡los niños me volvieron loco! No dejarían de gritar porque estaban tan emocionados por tener un visitante. Prefiero sentarme en un laboratorio o una oficina climatizada y trabajar tranquila y calmadamente. :biggrin:

Hice mi experiencia laboral en una escuela primaria en el año diez también, pero me gustaría enseñar en un instituto, con estudiantes desde once a dieciocho años :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3895
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd love to go to Pompeii! That sounds good, almost exactly what I'd do, and the same situation I'd be in! I went to Andalo for a ski trip with the school and I was one of the only ones who spoke Italian. So I had a conversation with my ski instructor and the rest of my group was so confused xD I could also understand what he was saying when he was sat on the same ski lift as me and chatting to his friend- he was talking about his wife :lol:

Next February I'm going to Tuscany with the school, it's more of a culture/language trip with quite a few GCSE and A-Level Italian students, so there'll be more Italian-speaking people :biggrin:
Sometimes I genuinely can't understand what language people are speaking :colonhash:
Reply 3897
Original post by tess_rach
Hice mi experiencia laboral en una escuela primaria en el año diez también, pero me gustaría enseñar en un instituto, con estudiantes desde once a dieciocho años :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sí, a me parece que los adoscelentes normalmente son menos fastidiosos que los niños.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Sometimes I genuinely can't understand what language people are speaking :colonhash:

And that's the beauty of this thread. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3898
Original post by L'Evil Fish

You can't understand the language or don't know which language it is?
Original post by AquisM
Sí, a me parece que los adoscelentes normalmente son menos fastidiosos que los niños.

And that's the beauty of this thread. :biggrin:

Haha, mi español mejora... :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending