The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6380
Original post by 419
So are you guys going to realise that these journalist know **** all. They've played you guys so much as so many of you fell for it. Even the ever reliable guardian posted an article that Thaigo was going to sign just hours before it became clear he was going to Bayern.

No one knows anything.
Bit rich coming from an Arsenal fan on the back of the Higuain saga. You lot were just as confident of signing Higuain as United fans were of Thiago, if not more so, wasn't Higuain supposedly flying into London for a medical at one point? Then Perez comes out and says there's been no offer from Arsenal (few people actually reckoned Perez was lying because of all these reports from "reliable journalists" :laugh:) and it all goes quiet bar Ancelotti apparently wanting to keep him. Funny that.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6381
Original post by Nickini
Bit rich coming from an Arsenal fan on the back of the Higuain saga. You lot were just as confident of signing Higuain as United fans were of Thiago, if not more so, wasn't Higuain supposedly flying into London for a medical at one point? Then Perez comes out and says there's been no offer from Arsenal (few people actually reckoned Perez was lying because of all these reports from "reliable journalists" :laugh:) and it all goes quiet bar Ancelotti apparently wanting to keep him. Funny that.

You're kind of proving my point here. And what's me an Arsenal fan got to do with it. Don't be so butt hurt.

I'm fighting the media here soony boy.
Original post by Zürich
This is like Fifa career mode on amateur settings or something. At least Barca had Real who could compete financially. Guardiola has taken the easiest job in the world.

What was it Guardiola said his reason for choosing Bayern was? A new "challenge", or something like that.

Challenge must mean something different in Spanish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone hand the Bundesliga and CL cup to Bayern please? BvB can just give up now and battle for second spot.

Anyways, I really think this a blessing in disguise!

They have Schweinsteiger, Martinez and Gustavo for DM.
We do not have one!

Moyes should buy Gustavo. He really should.

I mean has anyone considered how the midfielders feel in Bayern? There must be some that are angry.
We need to tap them up.

It is so pathetic looking at the number of credible midfielders compared to Bayern.

We are similar to Bayern in terms of getting more players than needed in a certain position, They have too many midielders but a lack of strikers, while we have too many strikers and lack of midfielders!
Ehhh. More classy than "I'm signing for the champion's league winner."

Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU

We are similar to Bayern in terms of getting more players than needed in a certain position, They have too many midielders but a lack of strikers, while we have too many strikers and lack of midfielders!

We have the right amount of strikers. We also have a good amount of midfielders, just that some are too old, some are too young, some are too fat and some just aren't good enough. There's also Carrick.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6385
Original post by 419
You're kind of proving my point here. And what's me an Arsenal fan got to do with it. Don't be so butt hurt.

I'm fighting the media here soony boy.
I don't even support United, so have absolutely no reason to be butt hurt. And I wasn't disagreeing with your point, the media is full of ****, just thought it amusing how quick you were to post here criticising United fans despite about 95% of your fellow Arsenal fans on here being guilty of the same thing...post something similar on the Arsenal thread did we?
Reply 6386
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
Can someone hand the Bundesliga and CL cup to Bayern please? BvB can just give up now and battle for second spot.

Anyways, I really think this a blessing in disguise!

They have Schweinsteiger, Martinez and Gustavo for DM.
We do not have one!

Moyes should buy Gustavo. He really should.

I mean has anyone considered how the midfielders feel in Bayern? There must be some that are angry.
We need to tap them up.

It is so pathetic looking at the number of credible midfielders compared to Bayern.

Yes but Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, Chelsea all have way to many midfielders, but all of them apart from Juve could do with a striker.
Juve looks to be a solid bet with Llorente and Tevez making them good upfront and with the overhaul at Bayern they could beat them, at 16/1 to win the CL behind even City/Chelsea and us on sky bet.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Ehhh. More classy than "I'm signing for the champion's league winner."

We have the right amount of strikers. We also have a good amount of midfielders, just that some are too old, some are too young, some are too fat and some just aren't good enough. There's also Carrick.

and some are both of them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6388
Original post by Nickini
I don't even support United, so have absolutely no reason to be butt hurt. And I wasn't disagreeing with your point, the media is full of ****, just thought it amusing how quick you were to post here criticising United fans despite about 95% of your fellow Arsenal fans on here being guilty of the same thing...post something similar on the Arsenal thread did we?

But I didn't have a go at them. So.......

I actually do- always going on about how rumours are BS.

Happy?
(edited 10 years ago)
If we're honest about it, how far away are we from being Champions League contenders with our current squad?

I reckon there are 5 or 6 teams who could give us a proper spanking if it came to it.

Not to increase the negativity, but there's surely got to be a sense of urgency from that guy who isn't David Gill. I wanted Everton's manager, not their transfer policy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The fact we couldn't get a 22 year old whilst there is a hole in our midfield says something. Why Man Utd has the pulling power of a fat chick in a club is beyond me.
Original post by Whitechapel
The fact we couldn't get a 22 year old whilst there is a hole in our midfield says something. Why Man Utd has the pulling power of a fat chick in a club is beyond me.

There is only one reason...Moyes must of insulted his mother during negotiations.:cool:
Reply 6392
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
If we're honest about it, how far away are we from being Champions League contenders with our current squad?

I reckon there are 5 or 6 teams who could give us a proper spanking if it came to it.

Not to increase the negativity, but there's surely got to be a sense of urgency from that guy who isn't David Gill. I wanted Everton's manager, not their transfer policy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really, we held our own against Madrid and won the league. I don't think we would win it but it's only a couple of years ago we were getting to finals like it was going out of fashion.

I'm disappointed we didn't get him, we do need the midfield sorting out if nothing else this summer, still it's mid July, plenty of time yet.
We play Bayern in super cup.

Lets show Bayern what we are made of.
Thiago v Cleverly. Yeh!

*Sarcasm*
Original post by Idle
Not really, we held our own against Madrid and won the league. I don't think we would win it but it's only a couple of years ago we were getting to finals like it was going out of fashion.

I'm disappointed we didn't get him, we do need the midfield sorting out if nothing else this summer, still it's mid July, plenty of time yet.

I've been saying for a while the league win was flattering. RVP did the business.

A couple of years ago we were getting to finals yes, now I see us outside the top four in Europe, could that not be considered a decline?

Our midfield is incomparable to our European rivals.

I'm being overly critical I'll admit, but our squad doesn't reflect the stature and success of the club at the minute.

Early days it may be, but deals are being done mate, and our rivals are buying. I'm worried.

Next week when we've signed someone excellent I'll be pretending I didn't write any of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6395
Original post by Idle

Meh, the way we played versus Real highlighted the difference between the two teams really i.e. we knew they were superior, so we just went out to defend. That could've, and probably should've, won it for us though, it's a legitimate tactic. But when you're forced to play like that, it says a lot really.

Against Bayern, BVB, Real & Barca this coming year, we'd have to do the same thing. I think City are stronger than us too, as well as Chelsea. Not sure how good Juve are compared to us, and PSG are pretty strong nowadays. Right now we're certainly not a force in the Champions League anyway. I think our midfield is worse than every single one of those teams, and that's a key area on the pitch.
Original post by xDave-
Meh, the way we played versus Real highlighted the difference between the two teams really i.e. we knew they were superior, so we just went out to defend. That could've, and probably should've, won it for us though, it's a legitimate tactic. But when you're forced to play like that, it says a lot really.

Against Bayern, BVB, Real & Barca this coming year, we'd have to do the same thing. I think City are stronger than us too, as well as Chelsea. Not sure how good Juve are compared to us, and PSG are pretty strong nowadays. Right now we're certainly not a force in the Champions League anyway. I think our midfield is worse than every single one of those teams, and that's a key area on the pitch.

Very true.

Our transfer policy this summer should reflect this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No disrespect to Moyes, but who genuinely dreams of playing under him? His entire career is built upon getting non-glamorous players working their socks off to play well as unit. Not exactly sexy is it?

Having said that, it'd be amazed if you didnt end up spending 30m+ on a midfielder by next month. Your midfield is probably worse than Tottenham's atm...
(edited 10 years ago)
We need some Italians under Moyes. Antonio Candreva. He's a workhorse.
(edited 10 years ago)
The amount of pessimism in this thread is disturbing. No doubt that the same people will be crying for Moyes to be sacked when we don't beat Swansea 5-0 in our opening game.

Not really. Bayern are a better team and he has worked under Pep Guardiola before. Glad this silly transfer saga is over, far too many gullible people who will believe whatever supposed ITK's tell them.

Latest