The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6420
Kinda worrying, seems like a panic bid after losing Thiago. And it obviously won't be accepted, by the player or club... Gives the impression we're running out of ideas. Hopefully it's not true, I suspect it's not tbh.
£25m is a bit insulting to be honest, although not sure if it's a serious bid. Some good sources on it so I'd be surprised if this wasn't true..
Reply 6422
God what terrible reporting. Are they choosing to ignore the add on clauses that all widely reported when Barca bought him?
Original post by JM1987
weve just bid 30mil for fabregas

I'll believe it when Balague has confirmed it on Twitter, thank you very much.
Original post by Wilfred Little

He has!

Just checked his Twitter. It's on!
Reply 6425
£25 mil according to the BBC, they generally don't put the story up unless it's legit.
Its being reported on BBC Sport for god sake :facepalm2: Moyes has clearly spent too much time out in the sun.

The thought of Fab in the United shirt doesn't do much for me, but Pier Morgan's meltdown does. That would top RVP, which provided me with a good year's worth of twitter entertainment.
The bid is likely to be legit, but Barca won't sell him.
Reply 6428
doubt we will get fabregas but then again same could be said of van persie. Still a few good players out there if we actually put bids in, try and get a bayern player if they have been unsettled with the new players or fancy a new challenge. Id like pastore or verratti as money talks bid big.
Reply 6429
Original post by JM1987
doubt we will get fabregas but then again same could be said of van persie. Still a few good players out there if we actually put bids in, try and get a bayern player if they have been unsettled with the new players or fancy a new challenge. Id like pastore or verratti as money talks bid big.

I'd be happy if we got Eriksen and Strootman tbh.
Reply 6430
FYI, it may not mean much but Fabregas has the same agent as RVP.
Original post by Wilfred Little

😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is simply no way this on, can you imagine the flack Tito would get if he let Fabregas and Thiago go in one summer? We'd be better off taking a pop at one of the Madrid lot.
Surely Moysie would have asked his agent about the clauses in the contract before making the bid, right? :erm:

Lol... https://mobile.twitter.com/Matt_Law_SM/status/356745942164176896
(edited 10 years ago)
Seems like a PR move to me, a bit like arsenal-suarez where we're just trying to show we mean business after missing out on thiago. cant see it happening at all
Can't see it being a PR move, getting rejected by two players hardly looks good.

Although my thinking is its an unlikely move for us, there must be something going on in Spain. There have been rumours all summer, then they get shot down, then United make a bid? Surely United aren't just firing blind, there must be something that makes them think there is a possibility of Cesc being on the move.
We're not going to sign Fabregas, even if we offer Barca enough money for them to accept it I don't think he would want to play for us. Don't understand why we are doing this at all, Moyes is probably just going full football manager on us now he has some money to spend for the first time in his career.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6437
Id bid 50mil for iniesta, surely someone at barca wants to try and add more to their career than just being in spain. If i were a top footballer id want to try and win most titles in Europe with different clubs.
Reply 6438
or a cheeky bid for kaka and return him to the beast he was
Reply 6439
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Surely Moysie would have asked his agent about the clauses in the contract before making the bid, right? :erm:

Lol... https://mobile.twitter.com/Matt_Law_SM/status/356745942164176896

Lol'd at "it isn't there on Football Manager"

Latest