The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nickini
Bruma (Jeffrey Bruma that is, 21-year old CB) has left us for PSV. Apparently we've included a buy-back clause.

https://twitter.com/JBruma/status/356051560482078720/photo/1

Another young player lovingly nurtured until he fulfills his potential at Chelsea. Van Ginkel will be making the same sorry journey before long.
Original post by Zürich
Another young player lovingly nurtured until he fulfills his potential at Chelsea. Van Ginkel will be making the same sorry journey before long.

Not true. He will be GOATing it up in the PL next season.
Reply 4202
Original post by The Assassin
We sure have a lot of connections and whatnot with dutch players/teams.

Didn't Arnesen start that for you before you dispatched him?
I can't wait for the friendly on Wednesday; i'm really interested in seeing some of our new signings and youngsters in action.
I really hope we don't get Rooney, stupid lump of lard. I reckon Lukaku should do well as the only out and out striker
Original post by Kelani
I can't wait for the friendly on Wednesday; i'm really interested in seeing some of our new signings and youngsters in action.

Me too. Who are we playing?
Original post by Kelani

What time will the game be in BST dude?
Reply 4207
Original post by KingMessi
Me too. Who are we playing?

Original post by Isometrix
What time will the game be in BST dude?

Singha All-stars, KO is 2pm BST.
Original post by Nickini

Cheers, I like games that are in Asia. Don't come on at an obscure time when shown here :tongue:
Original post by Nickini

Singha All-Stars? Right. Well, hopefully we do rather better than United did in their first game against a team of nobodies.
Reply 4210
Original post by KingMessi
Singha All-Stars? Right. Well, hopefully we do rather better than United did in their first game against a team of nobodies.
And City for that matter.
Reply 4211
Cheers, I like games that are in Asia. Don't come on at an obscure time when shown here :tongue:

I quite enjoyed waiting up until 2AM last year to watch the game.

Then we lost. And I regretted it.
Original post by Tweek
I quite enjoyed waiting up until 2AM last year to watch the game.

Then we lost. And I regretted it.

Me too
Didnt regret it though xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4213
Line ups for the tomorrow:

First half: Cech, Wallace, Kalas, Terry, Cole; Lamps, Essien; Piazon, De Bruyne, Schurrle; Lukaku.
Second half: Blackman, Ivanovic, Cahill, Chalobah, Bertrand; Van Ginkel, Ramires; De Bruyne (again), Hazard, Moses; Ba.

Looks like a 4231 first half and a 433 second half.
Superb if those formations are the case. This is what I wanted. Hope we alternate between the two.

Didn't realise Chalobah was here.
Original post by Nickini
Line ups for the tomorrow:

First half: Cech, Wallace, Kalas, Terry, Cole; Lamps, Essien; Piazon, De Bruyne, Schurrle; Lukaku.
Second half: Blackman, Ivanovic, Cahill, Chalobah, Bertrand; Van Ginkel, Ramires; De Bruyne (again), Hazard, Moses; Ba.

Looks like a 4231 first half and a 433 second half.

What happened to Mata? Is he on holiday?
Reply 4216
Original post by cleveradam
What happened to Mata? Is he on holiday?
Yeah, still on holiday with other members of the team who played in the Confederations cup; Torres, Mata, Azpilicueta, Mikel, Oscar and Luiz.
Mourinho says he's pretty happy with the squad he has right now.

"We are okay, we are very much okay. If the transfer window closed tomorrow and we do nothing, I am more than happy."

So I guess that's it for us on the transfer front, unless something tempting presents itself. On a different note, there's a few interesting things he said about our formation:

"We will play 4-2-3-1 in the first game, my favourite system, though sometimes I change the triangle and play with one in front of the defenders and two players up," Mourinho said. "Other times I play with double midfielders and a No10. This is a team where we have not one or two but three or four players who like very much to be a No10: [Kevin] De Bruyne likes it, Oscar likes it, Mata likes it, [Eden] Hazard likes it. It is a natural system for all these players to play.

"But in another match I could change it. If we are losing, we might need to have two pure strikers. It is something we will work on because I would like to have this capacity to have it ready to play, independent of the players we have. Naturally, we will have four at the back and in my team, the attackers are attackers. Some guys say we play 4-2-3-1, blah blah blah blah, and sometimes the attackers have a defensive job so it is more like 4-5-1. But it is not 4-5-1, it is 4-3-3.

"With Mata, I need to get to know him better. I like sometimes to play with what I call 'wingers with the wrong foot' right-footed men on the left and left-footed men on the right. He is the only left-footed player we have when we want to play with a winger on the right side, but the competition is hard. We will have Schurrle, De Bruyne, Mata, Oscar, Hazard and Moses for these three positions and so we have many more options than Chelsea had in the last year. These are crucial positions for me. I like these players to play with high intensity so to have five players for three positions is, I think, brilliant for me. It's fantastic."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/16/jose-mourinho-chelsea-fernando-torres?mobile-redirect=false
Reply 4218
Mourinho says he's pretty happy with the squad he has right now.

So I guess that's it for us on the transfer front, unless something tempting presents itself. On a different note, there's a few interesting things he said about our formation:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/16/jose-mourinho-chelsea-fernando-torres?mobile-redirect=false

The dual striker formation should be interesting. He wants to be better prepared for every situation against any opposition. Although, making Mata an inside forward so to speak is intriguing. If I remember correctly, Ozil was put on the wing a few times here and there? I know Hazard/Moses can do the job but Mata? Not a traditional winger in the sense.
Original post by iRush
The dual striker formation should be interesting. He wants to be better prepared for every situation against any opposition. Although, making Mata an inside forward so to speak is intriguing. If I remember correctly, Ozil was put on the wing a few times here and there? I know Hazard/Moses can do the job but Mata? Not a traditional winger in the sense.

I think he did start as a left winger at Valencia, but he's definitely adapted his game to being an advanced playmaker over the last few years. Last season there were a few games where he would play out wide on the right but he didn't look too effective.

18 goals and 34 assists in all competitions last season, played primarily in a CAM role. Something I would not be tinkering with Jose!

Latest