The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I think we should make it compulsory that members of Cath Soc watch TSOM. Whaddaya think? :colone:

:angel:

Omggggg that idea is just A-MAH-ZING!!! :biggrin: It'll be our new law :colone: hahah:colone:a
Original post by lucine.B
Omggggg that idea is just A-MAH-ZING!!! :biggrin: It'll be our new law :colone: hahah:colone:a

:five: :ahee: :ninja:
Hey guys! I might be getting confirmed on Christ the King&The end of the year of faith! How cool is that?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blamethenargles
Hey guys! I might be getting confirmed on Christ the King&The end of the year of faith! How cool is that?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great news! Praise the Lord! :jebus: How exciting!

Any ideas about confirmation names, etc? So many saints to choose from! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yayyyy!!!! Congratulations!
Just so you know Katherine is an EXCELLENT confirmation name to choose... *wink wink*
Just kidding, chose the name of whatever saint has meaning to you or inspired you...
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Just so you know Katherine is an EXCELLENT confirmation name to choose... *wink wink*
Just kidding, chose the name of whatever saint has meaning to you or inspired you...

Fool, everyone knows it's about St Cecilia :hand:

Unbiased opinion :ninja:
That's great news! Praise the Lord! :jebus: How exciting!

Any ideas about confirmation names, etc? So many saints to choose from! :eek:

I am quite excited since I've been waiting 4 years! I think I'm going for Cecilia :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kath_igidbashian

Haha, thanks! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am quite excited since I've been waiting 4 years! I think I'm going for Cecilia :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek: That's a long time! Makes it even more special and a celebration though! Keep us posted on your journey to confirmation so that I can remember to pray for you :h:
:eek: That's a long time! Makes it even more special and a celebration though! Keep us posted on your journey to confirmation so that I can remember to pray for you :h:

My priest is talking to the archbishop because I'm going to be confirmed alone so he's going to ask if he can confirm me himself early, if not our arch is visiting the parish on Christ the king so I can get confirmed then :3 thank you so much<3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5410
Original post by lucine.B
Oh wow!!! Well i shall keep praying and hopefully she will get better soon! :smile:

Omggg you must watch it! It's so good haha. You'll love it such a feel-good musical :colondollar:

Thankyou, she's having the operation next week I think, surprised waiting list isn't longer.

I think we should make it compulsory that members of Cath Soc watch TSOM. Whaddaya think? :colone:

:angel:

:biggrin:
You need to watch 'The Way' too:smile:

My priest is talking to the archbishop because I'm going to be confirmed alone so he's going to ask if he can confirm me himself early, if not our arch is visiting the parish on Christ the king so I can get confirmed then :3 thank you so much<3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you visit here a few weeks ago? I think I remember you:smile: How come you're on your own?:frown:

I feel obliged to link to this because I haven't sold that many tickets
http://www.cafod.org.uk/Fundraise/Our-favourite-fundraisers/Raffle
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rac1

Did you visit here a few weeks ago? I think I remember you:smile: How come you're on your own?:frown:

I did! I'm on my own because there isn't anyone in my parish the same age as me! I did my first communion with one other girl who doesn't go to church here anymore :c

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5412
I did! I'm on my own because there isn't anyone in my parish the same age as me! I did my first communion with one other girl who doesn't go to church here anymore :c

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:
:frown: I've always wanted catholic friends and there are two guys and a girl, similar ages to me but we've never like approached each other to be friends, they probably go to catholic school anyway!
I wish in catechesis they talked about the fundamental stuff like 'why God exists' because I don't think anyone is ever taught about that philosphical side of things in any detail at any point in school.:beard:
Original post by rac1
:smile:
:frown: I've always wanted catholic friends and there are two guys and a girl, similar ages to me but we've never like approached each other to be friends, they probably go to catholic school anyway!
I wish in catechesis they talked about the fundamental stuff like 'why God exists' because I don't think anyone is ever taught about that philosphical side of things in any detail at any point in school.:beard:

I have some catholic friends but they are all my brothers age!(2 years older then me :3)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5414
I have some catholic friends but they are all my brothers age!(2 years older then me :3)

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: it would be good if they had something in our parish like a youth group. Hopefully I'll be going to university in September so I'll meet people there:smile:
Original post by rac1
:biggrin: it would be good if they had something in our parish like a youth group. Hopefully I'll be going to university in September so I'll meet people there:smile:

We have a youth group! It's small but it's something! C: I'm sure you'll meet fellow Catholics in university though! Where are you going and what are you studying?:3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your parish is not like mine where we have 40 or so first communicates a year. Even if some are just seeking to get a place at the good school it is a bit different.
Original post by barnetlad
Your parish is not like mine where we have 40 or so first communicates a year. Even if some are just seeking to get a place at the good school it is a bit different.

That's loads! We have three churches in our parish and we range from about 4-10 first communicates a year in each church. Not including my year with a grand total of two in my church including myself hahaha>.<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5418
Original post by barnetlad

Our parish has about that at first communion, possibly even more. We had about 45 confirmation candidates this year too, including about 8 from a neighbouring parish.

It is very much a parish where confirmation is a rite of departing though. If you're not in choir or an altar server, people don't tend to hang around :sad:
Original post by rac1

You need to watch 'The Way' too:smile:

What's 'The Way'? :ninja:

How do I help out by buying tickets directly from you? I'd rather do that than buy a book myself, if that's OK? Let me know! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest