The Student Room Group

mbchb mbbs bmbs mbbch bmbch vs Southampton BM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carcinoma

That's a nice shout. I'll suggest them. The issue they're coming up against is that they may have to go 100% of the cohort to agree to any changes otherwise it won't be able to be introduced to those already started.
Reply 41
Original post by BethaneyJ
That's a nice shout. I'll suggest them. The issue they're coming up against is that they may have to go 100% of the cohort to agree to any changes otherwise it won't be able to be introduced to those already started.

What are they going to do about retrospective degrees? Will they stay the same? I can't be bothered to get another certificate and i'm not worried that my lack of letters on my degree will hold back my surgery degree. My shoddy anatomy knowledge might though!
Original post by Sarky
What are they going to do about retrospective degrees? Will they stay the same? I can't be bothered to get another certificate and i'm not worried that my lack of letters on my degree will hold back my surgery degree. My shoddy anatomy knowledge might though!

No it won't be retroactive, and in all likelihood won't apply to anyone who is already here, except perhaps years 0, 1 and 2, (though they want it for everyone so we'll see) :smile:

Hahaa! Anatomy @ Southampton has come on massively recently :yes: all high tech and fancy :O
Reply 43
No it won't be retroactive, and in all likelihood won't apply to anyone who is already here, except perhaps years 0, 1 and 2, (though they want it for everyone so we'll see) :smile:

Hahaa! Anatomy @ Southampton has come on massively recently :yes: all high tech and fancy :O

High tech and fancy eh? Good for them its about time. Although you have that shiny new building too . We had Boldrewood and SGH. That was it! Happy memories :smile:

We have high tech and fancy too, our anatomy is still crappy. Although "self-directed learning" gets us through.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarky
High tech and fancy eh? Good for them its about time. Although you have that shiny new building too . We had Boldrewood and SGH. That was it! Happy memories :smile:

Ahaha the "Life Sciences" wooden one that they neglected to build a lecture theatre in? I don't think I have ever had anything in there. We don't even have Boldrewood anymore (though I was interviewed there :love:) and as we can't use the new one, we get bumped around Highfield and SGH.

Original post by carcinoma
We have high tech and fancy too, our anatomy is still crappy. Although "self-directed learning" gets us through.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol. Ahh the old "self directed learning", which is really difficult in anatomy in my opinion. It has got really good though here, although we shall see how well it translates in Neuro :/

lol. Ahh the old "self directed learning", which is really difficult in anatomy in my opinion. It has got really good though here, although we shall see how well it translates in Neuro :/

It's ok when you have seen the anatomy surgically and have open access to the pretty models and animations.

It just involves a lot more time than it would if taught.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Ahaha the "Life Sciences" wooden one that they neglected to build a lecture theatre in? I don't think I have ever had anything in there. We don't even have Boldrewood anymore (though I was interviewed there :love:) and as we can't use the new one, we get bumped around Highfield and SGH.
/

Oh now thats not fair! Being bounced around is a bit rubbish. Can't you kick the nurses out of Nightingale? :tongue:
Original post by Sarky
Oh now thats not fair! Being bounced around is a bit rubbish. Can't you kick the nurses out of Nightingale? :tongue:

We do but they are not happy about it :gah:. It's not too bad, but it is weird when telling prospective students who ask to see the "medical school" that... welll...... there isn't one? :biggrin:

Quick Reply