The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6780
LMFAO:biggrin:

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6781

(edited 10 years ago)
Toni Nadal= Greatest tennis coach of all time indeed. It seems tough training pays off, he was hard on Nadal and I believe David Ferrer's coach locked him in a ball closet for several hours to teach him the meaning of working hard and they stayed together and look where Ferrer is now!
Cannot believe Sharapova has hired Connors as her coach! With Connors, it's all about mentality and fight, and Sharapova has that in spades. What she really needs is to just become a better athlete - I'm not sure it's all about the variety. Sure, an all-round player like Henin could beat Serena consistently, but Lisicki did it too at Wimbledon and all she did was just match Serena shot-for-shot.
Reply 6784
Original post by Krish4791
Cannot believe Sharapova has hired Connors as her coach! With Connors, it's all about mentality and fight, and Sharapova has that in spades. What she really needs is to just become a better athlete - I'm not sure it's all about the variety. Sure, an all-round player like Henin could beat Serena consistently, but Lisicki did it too at Wimbledon and all she did was just match Serena shot-for-shot.

Maria can try to match Serena shot for shot but at the moment it's just a mental thing with Serena. It also doesn't help Maria that Serena ups her game tremendously whenever she plays her no matter how bad she's played the previous round she just brings it to Maria. So a different mentality might actually help in this case because although against other players Maria is mentally strong, she's relatively weak against Serena.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6785
Original post by Roger1
But his ruthless behaviour has turned Rafa into one of the greats of the game. So, it was worth it, wasn't it?

I agree. Toni used to beat the **** out of Nadal as a child. If he missed a single shot, Toni would... punch him in the face. The key to a child having a bright future is to abuse them, verbally but most of all physically. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he held daily water torture sessions with Nadal.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6786
Apparently this rumor started that Federer is switching to a bigger after he posted this picture on his facebook. I hope he is.

164226_10151717595124941_1954864886_n.jpg
Original post by Roger1
Apparently this rumor started that Federer is switching to a bigger after he posted this picture on his facebook. I hope he is.

Original post by Roger1

I think it's time to make that change, and it's really good if he has. His HEC will not be as good as it used to be, so this should hopefully reduce the number of shanks and UEs.
Reply 6789
I think it's time to make that change, and it's really good if he has. His HEC will not be as good as it used to be, so this should hopefully reduce the number of shanks and UEs.

He should have made this change the moment his movement started to decline to compensate for it. I just hope it works out for him at this stage of his career.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6790
Original post by Ashnard

Hopefully. :smile:
Original post by Roger1
Hopefully. :smile:

I want some official response on Federer's racket!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I saw ATP put up a picture of Federer and Haas together somewhere in Hamburg - it looks like he's holding the same racket he always used, I can't see a difference?

Lol just found this, safe to say he should stick to Tennis :tongue:
Reply 6794
Federer confirms the racket change. He has gone up by quite a lot.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Roger-Federer-confirms-change-of-racket-articolo11456.html
Original post by Roger1
Federer confirms the racket change. He has gone up by quite a lot.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Roger-Federer-confirms-change-of-racket-articolo11456.html

That's great! I think he had the same paint-job done on the racket though, that's probs why I didn't notice anything different.
Reply 6796
That's great! I think he had the same paint-job done on the racket though, that's probs why I didn't notice anything different.

It looks different too. His previous one was red/white. This one is black.
Original post by SiMan
It looks different too. His previous one was red/white. This one is black.

Is it? I need to improve my vision a little bit
Reply 6798
Is it? I need to improve my vision a little bit

How can you improve vision?:eek:
Reply 6799
Original post by ubi1
How can you improve vision?:eek:

Laser eye surgery. :smile:

Latest