The European/World Football Thread III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Rusty Spork
What about Ronaldo?

I say that Ronaldo is a winger so doesn't count
Reply 441
Original post by boumavilla
Why so?

I suppose you could say he played in a team with lesser teammates as opposed to RVP, but I think Van Persie offers more on the pitch and not just goalscoring.

I can see where you're coming from and in general I really like strikers like RvP who are technically well-rounded, but Falcao's link-up play is pretty underrated by most people, I think (understandably overshadowed by his goalscoring exploits!).

Original post by lollipopsftw
I know this is completely irrelevant to the current talking point, but who do you think arsenal will sign?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's an Arsenal Thread for that discussion. :fyi:
Original post by Abiraleft
I can see where you're coming from and in general I really like strikers like RvP who are technically well-rounded, but Falcao's link-up play is pretty underrated by most people, I think (understandably overshadowed by his goalscoring exploits!).

There's an Arsenal Thread for that discussion. :fyi:

Exactly Falcao people don't watch as much and he has absolutely immense link up play not to mention he works darn hard!
Ronaldinho is like a man reborn right now for Athletic Minero :moon:
Original post by Malevolent
Ronaldinho is like a man reborn right now for Athletic Minero :moon:

I’m surprised his move to Atlético has worked out to be a fantastic move for him. His time at Flamengo started well but it all became very ugly. He just wasn’t performing, the fans got on his back, things because messy with him and the club and I thought that would be the end of him. No one expected him to go to Atlético but there must be something in the Belo Horizonte air which has changed him. He is a one of a few reasons for the current success of Atlético. You often hear the younger players like Bernard and Luan commenting on how they look up to him and how important to this squad too.

Atlético are playing in their first ever Copa Libertadores final tonight. The first leg is on ESPN at 1:50am. A late night but I won’t be missing Galo edge a tiny bit closer to their first major trophy in 30+ years!
Reply 445
Hulk's gone to Monaco. £52m apparently.

...Bargain of the year or what!
Original post by Nickini

Has he been tearing it up at Zenit then? Because whenever I've seen him, hes looked like a 20m player at most...
Reply 447
Original post by Zürich
Has he been tearing it up at Zenit then? Because whenever I've seen him, hes looked like a 20m player at most...
Sarcasm. Monaco must have money to burn.
Original post by Nickini
Sarcasm. Monaco must have money to burn.

Yeah got that, but why are Monaco offering so much? He joined Zenit for 40m right? Whats he done to appreciate by 12m in 18 months?
Damn these Frenchies are taking the piss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
I say that Ronaldo is a winger so doesn't count

Why does Messi count? He's not a striker either
Reply 451
Original post by Zürich
Yeah got that, but why are Monaco offering so much? He joined Zenit for 40m right? Whats he done to appreciate by 12m in 18 months?
No idea. Can't say I've watched him but apparently he's been poor. Hasn't exactly been they great for Brazil either. Maybe Zenit wanted to make a profit on him and Monaco didn't want to bother negotiating. :dontknow:
Original post by Nickini
No idea. Can't say I've watched him but apparently he's been poor. Hasn't exactly been they great for Brazil either. Maybe Zenit wanted to make a profit on him and Monaco didn't want to bother negotiating. :dontknow:

Bet every chairman in Europe is waiting for Monaco to flash up on the caller ID...:rolleyes:

Never really had any interest in Ligue 1, but safe to say PSG/Monaco have killed it dead. Gone from one of the most open leagues in Europe to an SPL II.
That much money for Hulk is hilarious. The guy has been useless all season and is still living off his Porto hype.
Original post by Nickini

Is that supposed to be ironic?

Original post by DaveSmith99
That much money for Hulk is hilarious. The guy has been useless all season and is still living off his Porto hype.

Finally, someone who speaks the truth!
Reply 455
Just read about Hulk in the paper :rofl2:

I bet Zenit can't believe their luck. He hasn't even been good enough to be called '****' over this last season!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Bet every chairman in Europe is waiting for Monaco to flash up on the caller ID...:rolleyes:

Never really had any interest in Ligue 1, but safe to say PSG/Monaco have killed it dead. Gone from one of the most open leagues in Europe to an SPL II.

Maybe I'm forgetting recent history, but has it ever been the most open league? I seem to remember Lyon winning something stupid like eight consecutive titles in the early millennium.

EDIT: Okay, just checked. Five different clubs won it in the last five years, fair enough.
How will PSG and Monaco satisfy the FFP rules when they kick in? Or do they presume that the rules won't have much teeth and they can sink in equity to get around them?
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Just read about Hulk in the paper :rofl2:

I bet Zenit can't believe their luck. He hasn't even been good enough to be called '****' over this last season!

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's so **** had an argument on here with a united fan who was saying he's world class and tried to insinuate he watched him but how did they get a profit on hulk Zenit pulled a blinder
Reply 459
God this actually top the Ibra Eto'o exchange transfer.

Quick Reply

Latest