The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CB91
Barca have already said he isnt for sale. Stop looking for something that isnt there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where does it say that? I must have missed it :s
Reply 6641
If Thiago was pissed about Xavi and Fab getting more time than him, imagine being Pogba and seeing Park/Rafael being played CM and Scholes being brought back from retirement, the lad has a terrible attitude but he had a point about the lack of opportunities we gave him.
Reply 6642
why did someone give my comment a negative? If Rooney goes and Rvp gets injured would anyone be happy with a whole season of hernandez and welbeck?
Unless we sign one of the three megastars we've been linked to this Summer (Ronaldo, Bale, Cesc; all of which have zero chance of coming), Rooney to Chelsea would be a DISASTER for us.
Reply 6644
Dodgy by Moyes to suggest that Rooney is back-up for RVP.

Rooney at Chelsea would be weird, but he'd definitely complete and complement the current line-up... that in addition to Mourinho's presence would make us title-contenders, and it'd be a major loss for you guys.

Tbh, I can't see him staying at Utd. Don't really want him at CFC either. He has, what? 4 years left at the top? Becomes a barrier to Lukaku's development.
Reply 6645
Chelsea is a grave yard for strikers.. no matter how big the name when they transfer in.. The player becomes garbage.. With the only exception being Drogba

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanW18

He started off by saying, 'my sources told me...'. Whenever I see/hear that, I always think it's bull****. Rooney probably is annoyed, though. Moyes comments made it sound like he was back up to Van Persie. I do think Van Persie is the better player, but Rooney was never going to be happy to hear it.

I cringe when a SSN guy (especially the irritating Jim White) say those immortal words: "My sources told me". What they basically mean is that they've got the story from someone else, or just called the player's agent, in this case Paul Stretford. Just as the word exclusive is over-used.

But anyways, hearing Moyes' comments probably has irked Rooney but again that's where he has the option of saying; "You know what, I'm going to knuckle down and make myself number one" or this current story where he is "angry and confused" which added onto the fact that the club haven't backed his version of events in his conversation with SAF means he is more likely to go. His latest story is to push himself out without handing in a transfer request which I hope the club force him to do. Moyes' comments are being sensationalised. If you read what he says, what he's saying is if RVP gets injured then Wayne will move up to the number nine slot. He's not saying Wayne will be benched awaiting a call if RVP gets injured. Wayne could easily be playing and move up top if RVP isn't playing. But for Wayne, atm, it's probably easier to assume it means bad news for him rather than try to understand the quotes because it suits his leaving agenda.

No doubt, a fit and on form Rooney is an asset to any team but the vibes from him sorta say, he wants to elsewhere due to what's happened. Moyes lack of clarity on whether he wants to stay don't help.

PSG have bought Cavani which leaves Real Madrid as an abroad option. Higuain could possibly stay but I imagine they'll still want another striker whether its Suarez or Rooney. If we have to sell him to Chelsea/Arsenal then got to make sure we get a good deal and sell reluctantly.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Aky786UK

PSG have bought Cavani which leaves Real Madrid as an abroad option. Higuain could possibly stay but I imagine they'll still want another striker whether its Suarez or Rooney. If we have to sell him to Chelsea/Arsenal then got to make sure we get a good deal and sell reluctantly.
Ibra is reported to be headed to Madrid.
But anyways, hearing Moyes' comments probably has irked Rooney but again that's where he has the option of saying; "You know what, I'm going to knuckle down and make myself number one" or this current story where he is "angry and confused" which added onto the fact that the club haven't backed his version of events in his conversation with SAF means he is more likely to go. His latest story is to push himself out without handing in a transfer request which I hope the club force him to do. Moyes' comments are being sensationalised. If you read what he says, what he's saying is if RVP gets injured then Wayne will move up to the number nine slot. He's not saying Wayne will be benched awaiting a call if RVP gets injured. Wayne could easily be playing and move up top if RVP isn't playing. But for Wayne, atm, it's probably easier to assume it means bad news for him rather than try to understand the quotes because it suits his leaving agenda.

I think Rooney is aware of what Moyes is saying. He would definitely start, because he scores goals. Even when he's not playing well. I think the issue is that Rooney wants to be the #9 and he knows that he won't if Van Persie is here. Moyes has pretty much said said Rooney won't be the #9, unless Van Persie is injured. I guess Rooney thinks he's better than him.

What makes it funny is that Rooney criticised the club for being unambitious in the market. I did agree with him when he said that. Then we sign Van Persie and he gets in a strop because he's not #1 any more.
Original post by doggyfizzel

If Madrid sign Zlatan then they have to be favourites for the CL next season.

Casillas/Lopez
Arbeloa/Carvajal Varane/Pepe Ramos Coentrao/Marcelo
Modric/Khedira Alonso/Illaramendi
Isco/Di Maria Ozil/Kaka Ronaldo
Ibrahimovic/Benzema/Higuain/Morata
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by NathanW18
I think Rooney is aware of what Moyes is saying. He would definitely start, because he scores goals. Even when he's not playing well. I think the issue is that Rooney wants to be the #9 and he knows that he won't if Van Persie is here. Moyes has pretty much said said Rooney won't be the #9, unless Van Persie is injured. I guess Rooney thinks he's better than him.

What makes it funny is that Rooney criticised the club for being unambitious in the market. I did agree with him when he said that. Then we sign Van Persie and he gets in a strop because he's not #1 any more.

Rooney burst onto the scene as a number 10 really but had that amazing season in 2009/10 it was, when he was phenomenal in the 9 slot. It's a shame, he can't think that to stay at United where he has had huge success and the opportunity to be playing with, or behind RVP, is worth staying and fighting for. He seems, mentally, in another place.

News to me but would make sense as Carlo is there now and Madrid might be able to get him cheapish but still think Suarez is Madrid's number one target.
Rooney burst onto the scene as a number 10 really but had that amazing season in 2009/10 it was, when he was phenomenal in the 9 slot. It's a shame, he can't think that to stay at United where he has had huge success and the opportunity to be playing with, or behind RVP, is worth staying and fighting for. He seems, mentally, in another place.

I agree with you. I guess he wants to be the main man and play where he feels the most comfortable. I think he should stay and fight it out, but if he doesn't want to be here, i'd rather the club sold him and brought in a player that wants to be here.
Reply 6652

I thought Ancelotti cannot buy any of PSG's players as part of the deal for him to manage Real.
Original post by DaveSmith99
A Fabregas Rooney swap is even more retarded than us buying Fabregas for £25m :facepalm:

This thread is no good for my blood pressure at the moment.

If you don't take it too seriously it is very good for a laugh at what people suggest and think is realisitic.

Original post by Whitechapel
hahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahahaha we are actually going to play another season with no midfielders this is nuts

We have Carrick! Why do we need anyone else?

This line up would obviously walk the league.

DDG

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Carrick

Valencia Rooney RVP Hernandez Nani

:pierre:

Original post by JM1987
FFS really..... why on earth didnt we sign strootman??? god we might aswell not even play this season

Bit ott...
What Moyes said about Rooney was completely taken out of context (IMO). I think he would have been an integral part of Moyes plans. I think what Moyes meant was that if in the event out main striker, RVP, got injured Rooney would be our number 9. The media has blown it out of proportion, and tbh Moyes was very stupid for saying it that way. To be fair to him, he's just got into the job and needs to understand that making off the cuff remarks like that may go unnoticed at Everton, but at Utd, everything you say is scrutinised.

To more pressing matters, we need to sign a midfielder(s). Those bayern and RM midfields look saturated to me and I think we could bag a gustavo or a modric. In moyes we trust

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I firmly believe the majority of Manchester United fans are legendarily ****ing idiotic.
Original post by IanDangerously
I firmly believe the majority of Manchester United fans are legendarily ****ing idiotic.

Football fans*
Reply 6657
Hahaa :rofl2:, cant believe this is trending on twitter: #ThingsThatAngerAndConfuseWayneRooney

Notable tweets:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6658
Original post by Akkuz
Hahaa :rofl2:, cant believe this is trending on twitter: #ThingsThatAngerAndConfuseWayneRooney

Notable tweets:

Spoiler

Kais Homework lol!
Original post by DH1'
Bayern would still be clear favourites. Not sure how the posting of their big squad proves anything. Bayern have a better first choice XI for me, and their current team will go down as one of the best in the last 50 years. This Real team won't. They look more like a collection of individuals.

I think you're absolutely deluded if you think Bayern are clearly better than Barca or Madrid. At the bottom of my post, I've attached a poll on who people thought would win the CL, this was just before the Bayern hype bandwagon kicked in (that you seem to be on). Now, that doesn't represent Bayern as 'clear' favourites. The introduction of Thiago/Gotze isn't going to significantly improve them this year, in the same way Illaramendi and Isco wont significantly improve Real this year. Gotze/Thiago/Illaramendi/Isco are players for the future. Fair play, Bayern were the best performing team last year, but it doesn't mean they're clear favourites this year. I think Madrid are actually the favourites (notice, I am not saying clear). It was just over a year ago when Bayern edged Madrid in the CL Semi's in a penalty shoot out.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=36223

Edit: http://www.skybet.com/football/champions-league

Skybet show Bayern aren't clear favourites.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest