The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by Ani97
Wow you are so frickin' clever! Gosh I wish I was that smart... Knowing me I'll end up with an A or B ( urgh) in literature :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You shouldn't be disappointed with that prospect, I'll be happy if I even pass!
Original post by Tibbz2
You shouldn't be disappointed with that prospect, I'll be happy if I even pass!

same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eyeyaye
Woo yeah it's my 16th too! I'm getting them posted home so I'm just going to sit in front of my letterbox until they arrive! My best friend is going on holiday so we can't open them together :frown:

Yey for shared birthdays, We have to get ours from school. Is it just my family who are getting mad because I am saying results first birthday second?
Reply 723
Hello, just wondering what GCSE results people think they'll get. Best/worst.
My Best case scenario is to get 8A's 3B's and worse case scenario is 6A's 5B's.
Reply 724
Yep that's probably similar to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 725
Original post by LewisC
Hello, just wondering what GCSE results people think they'll get. Best/worst.
My Best case scenario is to get 8A's 3B's and worse case scenario is 6A's 5B's.

I think my best case is towards your worst case in all honesty
Reply 726
Original post by Tibbz2
I think my best case is towards your worst case in all honesty

That's still great, tbh I think I'll get nearer to my worst case scenario!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 727
Original post by y.arora
OK, this might be a stupid question, but you know:
Since, we get result certificates separately for each exam board, if I do an exam, and get lets say a B, and then I do another exam on the same board and get an A, my certificate will list those grades right. But if I want to improve and pump the B to an A, I will resit the exam, and hopefully get an A. When I get my new certificate for the A result, will it show, all the exams with that exam board with the best grades till date (hence 2 subjects with an A) or just the resit result A grade. At the end of it will I be left with 2 certificates, 1 with the 2 exams = B and A, and the 2nd certificate, with the A, that I got after resitting. Also, when re-ordering certificates, will it show best grades with the exam board till date? Even if the best grades are via resits, the pre-resit lower grade wont be shown?? Sorry for the paragraph, just a little clarification needed.

Anyone:s-smilie::s-smilie:
I think I will go into hiding after results come out! Just because relatives keep asking me if I'm going to get all A*s (even though I know for sure I won't!!) but right now I genuinely don't know what I'm going to get!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 729
Original post by tealover96
I think I will go into hiding after results come out! Just because relatives keep asking me if I'm going to get all A*s (even though I know for sure I won't!!) but right now I genuinely don't know what I'm going to get!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, that's what I'm worried about, I think people are expecting far too much from me and I don't want that because my results will probably disappoint them all!
Reply 730

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG SAMEE!!!!! i thought i was the only one :frown: i swear they think getting A*s is a piece of cake....its just like noo -___-
Reply 731
Original post by Tibbz2
Haha, that's what I'm worried about, I think people are expecting far too much from me and I don't want that because my results will probably disappoint them all!

samee
i hate it when ppl hav high expectations from me.....i really dont want my results to dissapoint my faamilyyy
...(sigh)
Reply 732

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Even though I know they won't show it to me, I don't want to disappoint anyone :frown:
Reply 733
Original post by diba786
samee
i hate it when ppl hav high expectations from me.....i really dont want my results to dissapoint my faamilyyy
...(sigh)

I tried explaining to them that they don't know how I should be doing, I sat the exams and CW and so I can predict my grades enough to know I'm not getting all A*s (or even all As), but they don't listen and even worse are thinking that I'm bluffing.

I've just given up now, we'll see on the day and if they're disappointing I didn't get what they thought then stuff them frankly. :unimpressed:
Original post by diba786
OMG SAMEE!!!!! i thought i was the only one :frown: i swear they think getting A*s is a piece of cake....its just like noo -___-

this is exactly how i feel. worst thing is i defo wnt get any A* nd ill be lucky to get As

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2

Original post by diba786

Original post by diba786
samee
...(sigh)

Yeah...hate how people think it's so easy to get an A*...and no one seems to understand that it REALLY has got harder this year!!! We'll just all have to stick it out together!
Reply 736
aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that is all i have to say

(and also) good luck everyone
Results day will be stress, Just want 5a*s and above so I can get in to a top uni. I'll make sure to read ahead next year for A-Level so there's no worries for results day next year :frown:. Only good thing is that I have 2 in the bag
Original post by sneakbo2
Results day will be stress, Just want 5a*s and above so I can get in to a top uni. I'll make sure to read ahead next year for A-Level so there's no worries for results day next year :frown:. Only good thing is that I have 2 in the bag

The number of A*s depends on the Uni. I know for a fact that Oxford students average 5 A*s (seeing as it's so similar to Cambridge, it would be safe to assume 5 is the average there as well).
Other Unis like LSE ask for 7/8 minimum.
Reply 739
This thread is doing my head in tbh! Just chill out and forget about them until results day, there's absolutely no point in ruining your summer holiday by worrying yourself to death about results...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest