The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tbh, even if Federer had a lightsaber in his hand, I probably wouldn't notice!

Speaking of which...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ede9O01qFw
Reply 6801
Original post by Roger1
Laser eye surgery. :smile:

Really thats dangerous imagine they fcuk your eyes up then your doomed.:frown:
The transition from racket to racket is what worries me with Fed. Yes it should suit his game more now and reduce the ridiculous shanks but I think there must have been some reason against the new design which means he has left the change for so long.
Original post by hskjlclcn
The transition from racket to racket is what worries me with Fed. Yes it should suit his game more now and reduce the ridiculous shanks but I think there must have been some reason against the new design which means he has left the change for so long.

He was asked about it in 2011 I believe, and his response at the time was that Wilson did not really give him much time to test out new rackets, or something like that.
His early Wimbledon exit seems to have given him time to think/reflect, sign up for extra tournaments and conduct these "tests"
Original post by Krish4791
He was asked about it in 2011 I believe, and his response at the time was that Wilson did not really give him much time to test out new rackets, or something like that.
His early Wimbledon exit seems to have given him time to think/reflect, sign up for extra tournaments and conduct these "tests"

Yeah no doubt it was the only smart move at this stage in his career, but if he was truly content with the change it would have happened I'd say back even in '10 - we shall see and of course I hope he does improve with the change!
Reply 6805
Original post by hskjlclcn
Yeah no doubt it was the only smart move at this stage in his career, but if he was truly content with the change it would have happened I'd say back even in '10 - we shall see and of course I hope he does improve with the change!

It could help him get more pace behind his groundstrokes and on his serve. He doesn't stand a chance with his current racket against great defenders like Murray and Novak, so this extra power can only help him hopefully. And I think he should have made that change in like 2008 when his movement really started declining.
Reply 6806
Original post by ubi1
Really thats dangerous imagine they fcuk your eyes up then your doomed.:frown:

Yeah that happens to like one in a million people. My mum had laser eye surgery and her eye vision has never been better. :smile:
Reply 6807
Original post by Roger1
Yeah that happens to like one in a million people. My mum had laser eye surgery and her eye vision has never been better. :smile:

Another downside to laser eye surgery is that it costs like over £1000 per eye ii can't afford that.:frown:
Serbia News spreading a bit of gossip about the possibility of Novak Djokovic marrying Jelena Ristic soon. Apparently they're talking about it more and more often.

Who would make a good best man? Andy Murray's name came up a few times...
Serbia News spreading a bit of gossip about the possibility of Novak Djokovic marrying Jelena Ristic soon. Apparently they're talking about it more and more often.

Who would make a good best man? Andy Murray's name came up a few times...

Murray wouldn't be asked, neither would he do it.

There rivalry has now become the pinnacle of the sport as of late. Whilst their friendship has eroded, their on court rivalry and respect has risen.

It would just be awkward to ask the guy that declined you two slams and a chance to win Silver or Gold to be your best man.
What's everyone's thoughts on Federer switching racket from a 90" to a 98"?
Reply 6811
Original post by Homeboy Hotel
Murray wouldn't be asked, neither would he do it.

There rivalry has now become the pinnacle of the sport as of late. Whilst their friendship has eroded, their on court rivalry and respect has risen.

It would just be awkward to ask the guy that declined you two slams and a chance to win Silver or Gold to be your best man.

Yeah, they used to be mates but now its more of a professional relationship.
Original post by Prendah
Yeah, they used to be mates but now its more of a professional relationship.

Exactly. It was pretty cosy when they were junior level, but now being the big #1 and #2 it's just too awkward to say they are the best of friends.

I'm sure once this whole shindig is over and they've both retired they would probably be sharing laughs in the Royal Box in 10-20 years time.
Exactly. It was pretty cosy when they were junior level, but now being the big #1 and #2 it's just too awkward to say they are the best of friends.

I'm sure once this whole shindig is over and they've both retired they would probably be sharing laughs in the Royal Box in 10-20 years time.

Yes, that is true. In fact, Djokovic tried setting a date at the end of 2011 and did ask Murray, but the latter said no, and the wedding was called off shortly afterwards. Now obviously their rivalry is even more important.

Tipsarevic maybe? Because Djoko I think was best man at his
Reply 6814
Yes, that is true. In fact, Djokovic tried setting a date at the end of 2011 and did ask Murray, but the latter said no, and the wedding was called off shortly afterwards.

That was a rumour that I didn't believe when I first heard it - Andy and Novak saw a lot of each other growing up but were never close friends.

And I was right to not believe it after it was denied by Andy in an interview: http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2011-10-15/8099.php
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6815
Original post by ubi1
Another downside to laser eye surgery is that it costs like over £1000 per eye ii can't afford that.:frown:

Do you live in England? If so doesn't the NHS cover it?
Reply 6816
What's everyone's thoughts on Federer switching racket from a 90" to a 98"?

The best decision Fed has made in his whole career. He should have made this decision to switch rackets in 2010, but better late than never. The new racket will help inject more pace behind his groundstrokes and serve, which is what he needs if he to compete with the likes of Djokovic and Murray anymore. Hopefully, it will also reduce the amount of shanks per match, which are Roger's favourite unforced errors.
Original post by Roger1
The best decision Fed has made in his whole career. He should have made this decision to switch rackets in 2010, but better late than never. The new racket will help inject more pace behind his groundstrokes and serve, which is what he needs if he to compete with the likes of Djokovic and Murray anymore. Hopefully, it will also reduce the amount of shanks per match, which are Roger's favourite unforced errors.

Federer vs Brands just started. Hopefully the new racket doesn't change things for the worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol, a shank by Federer and Brands breaks. :p:
Reply 6819
Federer getting in the zone!

Latest