The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
Why? :frown:

Whatever the conclusion it's for the best you know?

They ask you certain questions every year when you renew and one of them is whether you have been diagnosed with a mental health condition in the past year. Now I'll have to give them permission to discuss me with my therapist if I want to stay registered :rolleyes: I don't really want to do the course anymore though so I'm in two minds about whether I care or not haha
Original post by sadpanda123

They ask you certain questions every year when you renew and one of them is whether you have been diagnosed with a mental health condition in the past year. Now I'll have to give them permission to discuss me with my therapist if I want to stay registered :rolleyes: I don't really want to do the course anymore though so I'm in two minds about whether I care or not haha

Just because you've declared it doesn't mean you'll be told no. And I hope something positive comes out of this for you :smile:
Still no closer to know what to do with my life.

Who knew being a failure could actually be so hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meh. At a loss. :frown:
Original post by PonchoKid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me neither. And I'm 26 not exactly young.
Original post by jaydoh
Me neither. And I'm 26 not exactly young.

I did know, until I failed my degree...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid

Who knew being a failure could actually be so hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: you're not a failure.... :jumphug:
Original post by -FireFlies-
:hugs: you're not a failure.... :jumphug:

Oh I am :yep:
Can't even pass a Micky mouse degree!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4448
I feel like I should be happy. There's nothing to be sad about. So why the hell do I feel so depressed it physically hurts? There's a massive weight on my shoulders, I just feel like I'm suffocating :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So my best mate isnt being so supportively best mate-ish with me :frown:
Shes my only mate i have left and iv even ****ed that up :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That wasn't too bad. Rather awkward for a bit but they have me some treatment options that I should be able to receive on my insurance :smile:
On the subject of different treatments, does anybody have any experience with any sort of residential therapy?
I've only ever had general therapy sessions for like an hour every few weeks but I'm considering giving one of the day session things this place offers a go. I'm really unsure about it though since i will be FAR younger than anyone there and I don't know what it will involve.

Overall things are pretty good at the moment. I'm having fun getting ready for my birthday party with a friend and my room is cooler now so nights are nicer too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
That wasn't too bad. Rather awkward for a bit but they have me some treatment options that I should be able to receive on my insurance :smile:
On the subject of different treatments, does anybody have any experience with any sort of residential therapy?
I've only ever had general therapy sessions for like an hour every few weeks but I'm considering giving one of the day session things this place offers a go. I'm really unsure about it though since i will be FAR younger than anyone there and I don't know what it will involve.

Overall things are pretty good at the moment. I'm having fun getting ready for my birthday party with a friend and my room is cooler now so nights are nicer too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear they've given you some options, hopefully something will be helpful to you.

I used to go to a hearing voices community meeting thing and was by 25ish years the youngest there. To start with it didn't overly bother me however, with time, it made me scared that these people were my future, that I'd still be struggling with these same things in 25years and that scared me a lot. I think it depends how you see yourself and other people if mixing with much older people, for me it wasn't helpful ultimately although on the way I did learn a couple of useful things so it wasn't a total loss. You could always give it a go and see how it turns out? There usually is a way of leaving therapy groups if you find them unhelpful - people aren't going to force you to stay so I'd say give it a shot.
Reply 4452

Bleh, im sorry. I just need an outlet sometimes.

Reply 4454
Original post by Sultana

Bleh, im sorry. I just need an outlet sometimes.

:jumphug: I'm not sure what to say, but I'm so sorry your sister is hurting and I promise it's not your fault. Mental health problems are **** and nothing you can do/not do guarantees that they will or won't happen. A lot of it is down to genetics and very early upbringing and family dynamics, and a lot of it is yet to be figured out.. I'm on skype for a bit if you fancy a chat.

---

Not feeling too well. Haven't been eating enough sodium, especially given the heat and how much water I'm drinking. Seems to have hit my body today. Got huge red spots in my vision and feel like fainting every time I stand up. Drinking electrolyte drink and lying on the sofa watching countdown. Really unsure why my body is so broken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sultana
So many bad feelings around my sister. She has an eating disorder which developed because of me and I noticed it quite early on and did nothing at all to to help so obviously so much guilt. Feel really sad for her cos she is obviously hurting lots and that makes me hurt, especially that I can't do anything to help. But then she is also an absolute nightmare to live with and is very unpleasant a lot of the time. I don't know whether it is ok to be angry with her cos I get that she is ill and lot's of her behavior is down to that but I don't think that mental illness is an excuse to be a ****. I don't know if that is fair or not. I know I try to not deliberately hurt anyone, but I do lot's of the time anyway cos I seem to have completely forgotten basic social conduct or am stupidly irritable or my thought processes are too warped so something I thought was fine to say actually isn't. So I should really be understanding but so much of what she says/does seems completely unreasonable to me. My parents are being very understanding of her and that makes me feel horrible cos it highlights how they are great people and so bad reaction towards my problems are because obviously my fault for being ill and my fault for what happened and im such a **** person. Should be happy that they are doing they're best for her and I am but am also really jealous and sad which is nasty. is just making it so obvious how horrible I am. first i get her ill and dont help, what kind of person even does that, and then am angry and hurt by her for being ill.

People say that mental illness has made them a better, more compassionate person, but I am so much worse. I hate hurting people yet I keep on doing it anyway. I want to be a good person and help and be kind and patient and not offend people accidentally all the time but I can't and am so selfish I don't even do anything about it. Should isolate myself properly and then should stop existing but I keep on inflicting myself and keep on living and im a ****ing nightmare. Im really sorry for just posting my own messy rant again and not ever replying to anyone else anymore. is very unfair and horrible of me I know. I really hope everyone is okay.

Sorry for the late response to this - was in the Middle of Nowhere (aka the East Midlands :teehee: ) without my laptop, so wasn't really checking TSR til we got back today.

Just wanna reemphasise that I'm pretty certain you can't be the sole cause of your sister's eating disorder. Also, you are right in what you say. Mental illness doesn't give anyone the right to be a jackass. It can make antisocial behaviour understandable and contextualise it, but it doesn't negate the fact that your sister is being horrible, if she's making your life difficult. By the sounds of it, not all of her behaviour is entirely caused by her illness? So that makes things unnecessarily hard on you :sad:

Also, if your sister won't let you talk to her about her problems, there's not much you can do. Especially when you're ill yourself. So try and be a bit kinder to yourself, yeah? :hugs:

It's a really difficult situation to be in but please don't take this all upon yourself and blame yourself for it. Keep reaching out to people and talking :hugs:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Ended up in A&E last night. Now have to see the damn crisis team. Praying yet again I don't get sectioned.

:jumphug:
Reply 4456
Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time. I'm home this evening from hospital, going back for one night tonight then have just under a week's leave.

I had a sweep today, won't go into detail about what that is though! Short story is, I'm 1cm dilated, and starting to get pretty bad cramps in my lower back. Not sure if contractions yet but baby could be coming soon.
Original post by HmMusic
Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time. I'm home this evening from hospital, going back for one night tonight then have just under a week's leave.

I had a sweep today, won't go into detail about what that is though! Short story is, I'm 1cm dilated, and starting to get pretty bad cramps in my lower back. Not sure if contractions yet but baby could be coming soon.

:eek3: Everything possible crossed for you hun. Hang on in there if it's the real thing. Or even if it's not. Thanks for writing and keeping us updated :hugs:
Reply 4458
Still struggling with my memory a bit. Feel wobbly atm because of reading a rather triggering thread then a detailed news article. Now have pretty intense thoughts/ memories and I feel really fragile. Not sure what to do with myself. I really really want to sleep but I know it's not gonna happen. Meh.
Reply 4459
Original post by HmMusic

Ooh exciting stuff. Good luck with everything hun :jumphug:

Latest