The Student Room Group

Al-Qaeda announce Islamic State Of Syria

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by g4adaffi
lol your a terrorist supporter! FSA ARE A BUNCH OF TERRORISTS, bashar on the other hand is the legitimate leader, and as a sovereign nation he has the right to defend his country from mercenaries, ASSAD AND THE SYRIAN ARMY WILL WIN, have a nice day,

Lol, thanks for making me laugh.

Aside from politics, you do know many of those in the SAA are intoxicated while fighting? They don't stand a chance.
Original post by g4adaffi
terrorist supporter, what about a few weeks ago when the beheaDING OF 2 chrisitian LEADERS? lol was that assad or THE 'FAGGOT SWINE ARMY AKA THE 'FSA', https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJa7pu5jWJA

A YouTube video war? I can bring up just as much content as you can and More.

That's not the way you have a argument.

http://racanarchy.com/2013/05/15/10-things-worse-than-eating-a-dead-mans-heart/

Grown up.

I'm done with you
Reply 22
AT the start of this thing I didn't care who would win. All as bad as each other by my book. But looking at the actions of the so called 'FSA' and it's affiliated groups I'm starting to wonder whether Assad would have been the better choice.

He's no big fan of the West, but he was secular and we knew what he was about. He could be relied upon to be a rational actor.

His opposition? BY all accounts various groups of radical Islamists who have shown they are quite willing to commit war and hate crimes before they've even had a sniff of power. On that basis can we really believe they'll be any better than Assad in power? ANd if we cannot believe that, surely it's better to keep the known actor in place.
Reply 23
I sense a strong urge to tar a lot of people with the same brush.

Why not criticise the western backed states of Saudi Arabia/Qatar/UAE who are backing these Islamists?
Reply 24
Original post by reform
lol, thanks for making me laugh.

Aside from politics, you do know many of those in the saa are intoxicated while fighting? They don't stand a chance.

lol the alquida fsa are getting their asses whiped, thats why little israel is launching airstrikes and thats why they were provided with sarin gas lol; soon inshallah syria will be cleaned.
Reply 25
Original post by felamaslen
I guess it's the religion of peace at work, forcing peace down everybody's throats.

LOL!
Reply 26
Why the hell are there always arguments on these types of forums which cause offence to both sides?
Original post by OWN4G3
Why the hell are there always arguments on these types of forums which cause offence to both sides?

Because nowadays people throw around claims to be offended as monkeys do with their faeces. (Well, maybe they always did, but people only started listening recently)
Original post by getoom
You are simply a run of the mill islamaphobe,

I hate bashar because of his taking of army jets and bombing civilian populations, you sitting behind your computer screen make very cheap talk.

So people like us who hate your kind for enacting mass violence on your own brothers, sisters and neighbours are animals?

Well, animals dont behave the way you scumbags do and heres something, you piss off the USa enough you'll have ISrael to deal with and they WILL nuke you regardless of the outcome.

Sunni and shia muslims are the problem, we in the west should build a massive wall like Israel has to separate you both.
They have no authority to do so. However it highlights the dangers of a new Islamic state emerging.
Original post by TSRgawdlike
So people like us who hate your kind for enacting mass violence on your own brothers, sisters and neighbours are animals?

Well, animals dont behave the way you scumbags do and heres something, you piss off the USa enough you'll have ISrael to deal with and they WILL nuke you regardless of the outcome.

Sunni and shia muslims are the problem, we in the west should build a massive wall like Israel has to separate you both.

Lol, grow up and learn the facts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by getoom
The ignorance in the OP is startling.

ISIS is investigating the killing of the FSA commander and it is being treated as the act of an individual

Bashar is a dog and 100 times worse than the opposition.

Granted, he's not a nice man, but the "opposition" is not a united front. There are several groups within it with differing views but united by a common enemy.

The very fact that when our governments were preparing to arm the rebels they said they would vet those who they give the arms to suggests that there are extremist cells within the opposition who would, at least from a western perspective, be a hell of a lot worse than Bashar Al-Assad.

My own opinion is that we probably should have stayed out of it completely, as now we're in the position where we won't be able to win back Assad's support even if we tried, but are instead lumbered with arming some opposition groups (as western boots on the ground would be politically disastrous) with no control once they've got the arms over who eventually gets their hands on them - something which I think will come back to haunt us if the rebellion proves successful.
Original post by TheHistoryStudent
at least from a western perspective, be a hell of a lot worse than bashar.

Exactly, the western prespective of bad is "does it threaten our interests?" As proven time and time again especially in the middle east not the humanitarian crises

Otherwise its just hearing about how evil islamism is.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Exactly, the western prespective of bad is "does it threaten our interests?" As proven time and time again especially in the middle east not the humanitarian crises

Otherwise its just hearing about how evil islamism is.
Posted from TSR Mobile

and the Islamic perspective is 'looking out for islams interests at expense of all others' Is it odd to you that countries take views based on their own interests? The only difference is that islamists try and propose islam as the beneficiary of their actions rather than specific country or people (even though even that claim is largely false too) On that basis comes into the shia sunni thing, both who have opposing 'islamic' interests to achieve (ie the dominating of each others faith). Therefore the West (not just the west btw but the whole non muslim world) is keeping an eye on the next unpredictable Islamic war that blows up, because in the end it affects global stability too
Original post by wongaman
and the Islamic perspective is 'looking out for islams interests at expense of all others' Is it odd to you that countries take views based on their own interests? The only difference is that islamists try and propose islam as the beneficiary of their actions rather than specific country or people (even though even that claim is largely false too) On that basis comes into the shia sunni thing, both who have opposing 'islamic' interests to achieve (ie the dominating of each others faith). Therefore the West (not just the west btw but the whole non muslim world) is keeping an eye on the next unpredictable Islamic war that blows up, because in the end it affects global stability too

Way to dig up a 4 week old post.
Reply 35
Way to dig up a 4 week old post.

im new :dontknow: still a point is a point
Original post by Dinghy

Please remind me why we in the west defend Islamism, yet hate intolerance. Whenever anyone tried to argue about the increasing growth of Islamic fanaticism, they are vilified, and the usual response is "blah blah Christianity in the past".

Ok, the past. You apologist scum.

Its 2013.

Its clear who the biggest religious evil is.

Did I really just read this? I thought people were becoming much more accepting of people from all races, faiths and cultures. This is just wrong.
im new :dontknow: still a point is a point

You seem to believe that the west is some kind of force aimed at maintaining balance between Shia and Sunnis, when the reality is very different.

I cba for this disscussion....
Reply 38
You seem to believe that the west is some kind of force aimed at maintaining balance between Shia and Sunnis, when the reality is very different.

I cba for this disscussion....

no the west dont give a monkeys about shia or sunnis, neither does an one else for that matter- This si a problem of circumstance. if shia-sunni islam had been isolated to a tiny patch of mohammeds homeland in the middle of the arabian desert, no one would even write about it. The problem is all of islams issues and problems have been transposed on a global scale. Its a big puppet show where now china Russia have picked sides (iran assad Syria) and so force USA also to pick side
no the west dont give a monkeys about shia or sunnis, neither does an one else for that matter- This si a problem of circumstance. if shia-sunni islam had been isolated to a tiny patch of mohammeds homeland in the middle of the arabian desert, no one would even write about it. The problem is all of islams issues and problems have been transposed on a global scale. Its a big puppet show where now china Russia have picked sides (iran assad Syria) and so force USA also to pick side

Lol, "Force the US"

Quick Reply

Latest