The Student Room Group

The 13/14 NBA Season Thread

New thread for the 13/14 NBA Season.

Howard has joined the Rockets..
Westbrook is back from injury..
Doc + Paul together in LA
Rose is finally making #TheReturn
Garnett + Pierce to the Nets superteam..
Iguodala + Curry + Thompson, GSW a 3/4 seed?
Kobe Bryant aiming to be back by seasons beginning?
Pistons sign Smith, maybe playoffs?
Development of the Brow + Drummond..
Rookie watch, Oladipo, McLemore, BENNETT?
Predictions?
PRE SEASON!

^ The Defining moment of the 12/13 NBA Season, what will be the defining moment of the 13/14 season?

Let the discussion begin.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
First
Sweet :biggrin:
Reply 3
Haha, the Knicks got World Peace yesterday, good defender for dirt cheap :smile:
Reply 5
In
Reply 6
^Damm LUCKY knicks :hmpf:

When will it be the Raptors turn :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Knicks will still suck :rofl:
Reply 8
TBF, you should have put LeBron holding up the FMVP trophy since he was the most important player.

And that 'what you gonna say now?' swag look he gave was ****ing awesome.
Reply 9
Subscribed.

Knicks...:lol:
Original post by Xotol
TBF, you should have put LeBron holding up the FMVP trophy since he was the most important player.

[video="youtube;7NEuep0OuEs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NEuep0OuEs[/video]
Reply 11
Original post by Xotol

Naw cos if Allen didn't make that 3 we would be talking about how LeBron choked, the big three would be broken up etc. Allens shot literally preserved that legacy.

I didn't put the Knicks in the summary at the beginning because Bargnani was their marquee signing lmao. The guy the Raptors had been trying to get rid of for god knows how long.
Reply 12
Original post by Durantula
Naw cos if Allen didn't make that 3 we would be talking about how LeBron choked, the big three would be broken up etc. Allens shot literally preserved that legacy.

We could go through the entire playoffs and look at 'if LeBron didn't do this...' in so many games (even game 6 if Lebron didn't go on his 4th quarter headbandless tear). Allen's shot was huge, the biggest in NBA history maybe, but it's kind of getting overrated. LeBron's legacy would have taken a hit with a loss, but he's already a champion and 4 time MVP at 28. That's not a legacy that needed preserving or saving. Not to mention that it wasn't a buzzer beater, so who knows if Bosh gets another rebound with Duncan still sitting on the bench or the Spurs choke 2 FTs etc.

The best part of the trophy ceremony was just after LeBron got the MVP and him and Andersen were shouting 'hate now' - all the LeBron hate annoys me.

This season should be interesting, can't wait to see if the Lakers try and tank it. They should tell Kobe to take long time off so they could perhaps get a decent pick and have Kobe fully ready for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HarryJames
The best part of the trophy ceremony was just after LeBron got the MVP and him and Andersen were shouting 'hate now' - all the LeBron hate annoys me.

This season should be interesting, can't wait to see if the Lakers try and tank it. They should tell Kobe to take long time off so they could perhaps get a decent pick and have Kobe fully ready for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought they were saying "Hey now" ? :laugh:
In.
Original post by Malevolent
I thought they were saying "Hey now" ? :laugh:

That's what I thought at first then I saw a video of season highlights and it was called hate now so I sort of thought that made sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Durantula and his basketball analysis :sigh:

Hater talk more like it
Good work on the new thread bro - as I mentioned in the other thread, I will be setting up a fantasy league for us, mentioning it way ahead of times because it failed last year (my bad).

Snake or auction?
Draft date? (has to be after sept. 18th I believe)
Roto or H2H?
How many teams?

Post here and I will work it out :smile:

Latest