The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull University Opinions?

Thinking of applying for 2014 but I want to know if it's any good?
Opinions?
Reply 1
Simply, it's great. I haven't encountered anyone who's had any (major) problems.

What did you want an opinion on specifically? The Uni or the City?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by hcantrill
Thinking of applying for 2014 but I want to know if it's any good?
Opinions?

I'm not exxagerating at all when I say my time at Hull was the best three years of my life so far, and that nearly everyone I know there would agree. If you speak to students and alumni they generally have nothing but praise for the university and the city.
I too would be interested in this! I went to the Open Day and loved it, and at the moment it's my first choice (I want to study psychology).

I don't know much about the city though, I always think it's a dump but it didn't look too horrible when we visited!
It may not have the reputation of a Oxford or even a Leeds or Manchester but when it comes down to it, Hull is excellent in everything a student needs.

Top ten for student satisfaction
The Student Union was voted the best in the country
Apart from a few buildings its a lovely looking campus
The Library is being redeveloped and by this time next year will be finished

The only negative I would say about the uni is the sports facilities are not the best but apart from that, I really couldn't be any happier with the place.

Also the city itself is no where near as bad as the media say it is, as a student you never have to visit the rough parts of it and also if Hull wins City of Culture 2017, it is going to get a lot nicer and have loads more stuff to do as well.
Reply 5
Original post by pierreboobvier
I too would be interested in this! I went to the Open Day and loved it, and at the moment it's my first choice (I want to study psychology).

I don't know much about the city though, I always think it's a dump but it didn't look too horrible when we visited!

If you visit the uni again you should go on a city tour, I did this when I visited on an applicant day and it disproved all the negatives I'd heard about Hull! :smile:
Reply 6
I've attended the recent open day and I'm very impressed with the campus and staff. I'm going study Criminology with Psychology in 2014...pending my completion of my Access to HE Course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
the uni's all right according to a friend I have there. but you'll find yourself commuting to leeds for decent night life. there's **** all to do in that city.
Reply 8
hi i am thinking of studying at hull as well.i live in london and am still unsure if to make that big move. i have a a partner and 5month old girl who don't mind moving there as theres relatives living in a nearby town. i have been thinking where to move to for a quiet and peaceful life far from london and when i visited Barton near hull i kind of liked it but its hard without knowing exactly what am going into.please help advise if its a good place to study and live i dont want to have no regrets three years of studying and not liking it will be hell.PLEASE HELP!!! lol

Quick Reply

Latest