The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Wanting to know people - English Lit/The Grange

Hiya, I'm Alice
im starting at York St John in September, doing English Lit- is anybody here on my course?
Also, I'm staying at The Grange in St Mary's house - anybody staying there too??
Desperate to get to know some people :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Alice May Walker
Hiya, I'm Alice
im starting at York St John in September, doing English Lit- is anybody here on my course?
Also, I'm staying at The Grange in St Mary's house - anybody staying there too??
Desperate to get to know some people :smile:

I'm studying English Lit and I'm staying at the grange but I'm in Muir house I think. My best friend if studying English lit too and she's in the same house as you :smile:
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
That's great - is she friendly? :smile: what's her name?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi I'm doing English lit too this year but I'm staying in city res :-)
Original post by GraceG18
Hi I'm doing English lit too this year but I'm staying in city res :-)

It's nice to *meet* you :smile:
Are you looking forward to starting? I'm really nervous. I'm just hoping to get to know a few people before I start
City res was my first choice but I didn't get in there - I dont really mind, but I'm a bit disappointed about not getting my own bathroom!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hello...everyone this is mani..m also doing my English course n foundation this year...n looking for engineering universities...is anyone doing so...?
Reply 6
Hi there! I'm also doing English Lit! I'm in St John Central though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Charles4
I'm studying English Lit and I'm staying at the grange but I'm in Muir house I think. My best friend if studying English lit too and she's in the same house as you :smile:

Hey, I'm in Lang house which is next to Muir house:smile: hopefully see you around when we start!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kaisha
Hi there! I'm also doing English Lit! I'm in St John Central though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe we'll see each other around :smile:
Are you nervous/looking forward to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Maybe we'll see each other around :smile:
Are you nervous/looking forward to it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit of both really! We'll probably at least see each other in lectures, plus I doubt there'll be another Kaisha there as my name is pretty distinctive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kaisha
Bit of both really! We'll probably at least see each other in lectures, plus I doubt there'll be another Kaisha there as my name is pretty distinctive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then I hope you're friendly :smile:
It'll be nice to know a few friendly people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
It's nice to *meet* you :smile:
Are you looking forward to starting? I'm really nervous. I'm just hoping to get to know a few people before I start
City res was my first choice but I didn't get in there - I dont really mind, but I'm a bit disappointed about not getting my own bathroom!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm looking forward to starting but slightly nervous! So am I really :smile:
I'm looking forward to starting but slightly nervous! So am I really :smile:

Have you got your books and things yet? I don't know where to get them from :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Have you got your books and things yet? I don't know where to get them from :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I haven't got them I looked for them on amazon though you can probably get them cheaper on there. I got too into reading other books I forgot about the reading list :-)
Reply 14
No I haven't got them I looked for them on amazon though you can probably get them cheaper on there. I got too into reading other books I forgot about the reading list :-)

I'm the same, for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to start reading a song of ice and fire, I want to reread the fault in our stars, I've got a million other books sat on my kindle and in a pile on the floor to read and then there's the reading list. Plus I'm a film/TV addict so yeah... I am doubting that I'm gonna make a start any time soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, same. I just had an operation so ive ended up with tons of books to read while I recover. I'm just worried about finding some of the ones on the list as they're so specific

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in St Mary's House! Doing History.
Reply 17
Original post by Kaisha
I'm the same, for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to start reading a song of ice and fire, I want to reread the fault in our stars, I've got a million other books sat on my kindle and in a pile on the floor to read and then there's the reading list. Plus I'm a film/TV addict so yeah... I am doubting that I'm gonna make a start any time soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read both Animal Farm and I'm reading 1984 now I'm too into it to stop and read the set texts. I'm also a film/TV addict I'm rewatching shows to pass the time. I might start once I know I'm definitely going.
Reply 18
Yeah, same. I just had an operation so ive ended up with tons of books to read while I recover. I'm just worried about finding some of the ones on the list as they're so specific

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've looked and they're all on amazon I think the exact additions we need which is good as they're cheaper on there aswell
Original post by Charles4

I'll be in Muir House! I'm doing psychology and counselling :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending