The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Applicants & Offers Chat Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Iv got an unconditional to do psychology :smile: will be 20 when I start. Applied o Briarfields but looking at mill/liberty point?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 381
Original post by Dmcarter
Iv got an unconditional to do psychology :smile: will be 20 when I start. Applied o Briarfields but looking at mill/liberty point?

I'm 20 too and I think I'm going to book Mill/Liberty Point in this week or next week. The cheapest rooms are still available, apparently it's quite social there and a friend of a friend recommended it!
Howdy hi, if all my grades go to plan I'll be doing the animal beh. Degree this September. Have applied to live in halls first year as am from the Midlands so just wondering if anyone is in the same boat? I am also extremely excited and can't wait to make new buddies! Please and thankyou :smile:
Amelia
Original post by lizjames94
Hey, has anyone put Man Met as their insurance? And if so, do we have to wait until results day to apply for accommodation? Say if we don't get into our firm choice

Hiya, you need to apply for your accommodation at your insurance as well as your firm because they will all be booked up if you wait.
I'm doing animal behaviour :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Anyone doing politics and/or staying in oxford court?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmajust
Anyone doing politics and/or staying in oxford court?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I've applied for Oxford court aswell, so excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387
Only 10 weeks to go I think
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 388
Original post by taku-tasha
yeah I've applied for Oxford court aswell, so excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know when we hear from accommodation? So nervous
Reply 389
hi does anybody know when freshers week starts? and what date term starts for event management students?
Reply 390
I am also going to mmu studying event management

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bex shaw
hi does anybody know when freshers week starts? and what date term starts for event management students?

I started at MMU last year, it began on the 15th September, but this year I'm not sure. It will be around that time.

Actually, just had a look on the SU site, it could be the 21st this year.
Reply 392
Original post by XxElla93xX
Hiya, you need to apply for your accommodation at your insurance as well as your firm because they will all be booked up if you wait.

but i read on the website that if you put mmu as your insurance that you cant apply for accomodation until you know if you are definitely going there :s-smilie::confused:
Reply 393
Just in case anyone else was worried about this, i was concerned about if you would apply for accommodation at MMU if you have put it as your insurance choice. I found this on the website:

"If MMU is your insurance choice (i.e. you are holding a Conditional Insurance (CI) offer of a place), you cannot apply for MMU Accommodation until you have been released from contract by the University that you are holding an offer for."

Just thought this might help
Reply 394
What are the best halls to stay in for en-suite?
I'm going mmu to study fine art in September! Anyone doing a fine art degree :smile: or any thing like that in all saints?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
Reply 397
Yeah, mixed with English i think.
Original post by lizjames94
Just in case anyone else was worried about this, i was concerned about if you would apply for accommodation at MMU if you have put it as your insurance choice. I found this on the website:

"If MMU is your insurance choice (i.e. you are holding a Conditional Insurance (CI) offer of a place), you cannot apply for MMU Accommodation until you have been released from contract by the University that you are holding an offer for."

Just thought this might help

Hiya just go with what the site says then and just hope that you'll get a nice place if you don't get your firm. Hopefully there will be some rooms left at a few places. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
I've been declined MMU halls because I live too close. however, all private accommodation rental payment dates are earlier than my student finance which at the moment is making any hope of leaving home impossible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending