The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HarryJames
The best part of the trophy ceremony was just after LeBron got the MVP and him and Andersen were shouting 'hate now' - all the LeBron hate annoys me.

This season should be interesting, can't wait to see if the Lakers try and tank it. They should tell Kobe to take long time off so they could perhaps get a decent pick and have Kobe fully ready for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if they attempt to tank it they still won't reach the playoffs imo, top 6 of the west is pretty much set in stone and I can't see them having a better reg season than Portland/Timberwolves/New Orleans.
Reply 21
Original post by S-man10
Durantula and his basketball analysis :sigh:

Hater talk more like it

Haha coming from Mr Bias himself :P

Original post by brighteyes1994
Good work on the new thread bro - as I mentioned in the other thread, I will be setting up a fantasy league for us, mentioning it way ahead of times because it failed last year (my bad).

Snake or auction?
Draft date? (has to be after sept. 18th I believe)
Roto or H2H?
How many teams?

Post here and I will work it out :smile:

Snake
Dont mind
H2H
Lets start sign ups? Maybe make a separate thread for Fantasy bball?
Reply 22
Original post by Xotol
We could go through the entire playoffs and look at 'if LeBron didn't do this...' in so many games (even game 6 if Lebron didn't go on his 4th quarter headbandless tear). Allen's shot was huge, the biggest in NBA history maybe, but it's kind of getting overrated. LeBron's legacy would have taken a hit with a loss, but he's already a champion and 4 time MVP at 28. That's not a legacy that needed preserving or saving. Not to mention that it wasn't a buzzer beater, so who knows if Bosh gets another rebound with Duncan still sitting on the bench or the Spurs choke 2 FTs etc.

legod :adore:
Reply 23
Reply 24
Original post by HarryJames
The best part of the trophy ceremony was just after LeBron got the MVP and him and Andersen were shouting 'hate now' - all the LeBron hate annoys me.

This season should be interesting, can't wait to see if the Lakers try and tank it. They should tell Kobe to take long time off so they could perhaps get a decent pick and have Kobe fully ready for next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought this was the best part of the trophy ceremony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DxcLKMahM

How you guys ranking the west. Thunder will always go far as long as Durant and Westbrook stay healthy. Spurs will somehow still be about despite their aging core. Clippers will be interesting improving on last season with Doc and hopefully getting past the first round this year. GSW were very competetive and now they have Iggy.
Reply 25
Predictions:

MVP: Durant
DPOY: James

Champions: Chicago Bulls
FMVP: Rose

Recovery. Return. Redemption. :adore: :adore:
Reply 26
Predictions:

MVP: Rose
DPOY: LeBron

WCF champions: OKC
ECF champions: Bulls

NBA Champions: Bulls

Totally unbiased n'all :wink:
Reply 27
Original post by Xotol
Predictions:

DPOY: James

Champions: Chicago Bulls

Recovery. Return. Redemption. :adore: :adore:

DPOY: Random pick here, Paul George
Champions: Thunder
FMVP: Homer pick, Durant

Original post by Baines_22
I thought this was the best part of the trophy ceremony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8DxcLKMahM

How you guys ranking the west. Thunder will always go far as long as Durant and Westbrook stay healthy. Spurs will somehow still be about despite their aging core. Clippers will be interesting improving on last season with Doc and hopefully getting past the first round this year. GSW were very competetive and now they have Iggy.

I got the West seeds as:

1. Spurs
2. Rockets
3. Thunder
4. Clippers
5. Golden State
6. Grizzlies
7. Minnesota
8. Portland or Pelicans

Then Spurs > Pelicans in 4, Rockets > Wolves in 6, Thunder > Grizzlies in 7, Clippers > GSW in 7, then Clippers > Spurs in 7 in 6, Thunder > Rockets in 6, then Thunder > Cllppers in 6.

I got the East as:

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Nets
4. Pacers
5. Knicks
6. Washington
7. Cleveland
8. Detroit

Then Heat > Pistons in 4, Bulls > Cleveland in 5, Nets > Wizards in 4, Pacers > Knicks in 6, Heat > Pacers in 6/7, Bulls > Nets in 6/7, Bulls > Heat in 7.

Then Thunder > Bulls in 6 or 7 most likely
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
MVP: Lebron
DPOTY: Dwight

1. Clippers
2. Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Memphis
6. Warriors
7. TWolves
8. New Orleans I guess
In the mix: Portland, LA, Denver

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Nets
4. Pacers
5. Knicks
6. Wiz
7. Atlanta
8. Detroit
In the mix: Celtics, Bucks, maybe Cleveland

Dunno about finals really I think the top 2 I picked for each conference will play the conference finals though
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by alexsong
X

Cleveland will have a far better chance at the playoffs than the Bucks or Celtics, Celtics are in full rebuild and Bucks are trash. Cleveland at least have Kyrie, Waiters, Bennett, Varejao, Bynum, Speights and Thompson. If Bynum stays healthy thats a playoff team for sure.
Reply 30
DPOY: Noah

East
1)Heat
2)Bulls
3)Pacers
4)Nets
5)Knicks
6)Pistons
7)Hawks
8) Cavs

2-5 is very interchangeable for me and will prove to be so

West
1)Thunders
2)Spurs
3)Warriors
4)Clippers
5)Rockets
6)Grizzlies
7)TWolves
8)Blazers or Kings (oh please, oh please, oh please)

2-6 will probably work out to be different but once again the west is going to be the more exciting conference

Champs: Bulls
FMPV: DRose
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Durantula
Cleveland will have a far better chance at the playoffs than the Bucks or Celtics, Celtics are in full rebuild and Bucks are trash. Cleveland at least have Kyrie, Waiters, Bennett, Varejao, Bynum, Speights and Thompson. If Bynum stays healthy thats a playoff team for sure.

Forgot about Bynum but I have little faith in his ability to stay healthy, Kyrie is in the same boat really he always seems to be getting hurt, if they stay healthyt hen they will probably make it though to be fair, Jarret Jack is a nice addition.

When Bucks resign Jennings they will line up Jenning - Mayo - someone - Ilyasova - Sanders which is 8th seed material I don't think they are trash they are just average which is what the 8th seed is about.

Celtics I was forgetting their lack of bigs tbh I doubt they will make it but they still got some players I like
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 32
x

Original post by Durantula
x

You both have wizards quite high up. What am I missing?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by 419
You both have wizards quite high up. What am I missing?

Last season after John Wall came back they were looking like a nice team and they got a decent draft pick in

But once Wall came back on the floor, he clearly had no intentions of ever leaving it again. He's played all 44 games since making his return, guiding Washington to a 24-20 mark along the way. Nene was around for 38 of those games, 22 of them resulting in Wizards wins.

So on the season, Washington holds a 22-16 mark when both Wall and Nene play, good enough for a .579 winning percentage—the same such mark as the fourth-seeded Brooklyn Nets.
Reply 34
Last season after John Wall came back they were looking like a nice team and they got a decent draft pick in

Hmm food for thought. But it's probably placebo effect. It's like when Liverpool went on that run championship form run 3 season ago where no pressure was on and everyone said they were going to finish in top 4 next season and didn't even come lose.

But food for thought. Hope they make it. Feel for the franchise.
East I got:

Heat
Pacers
Bulls
Nets
Knicks
Cavaliers
Hawks
Wizards

Heat for EC Champions

West:

Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Rockets
Warriors
Grizzlies
Nuggets
Lakers or Hornets

Lakers a controversial pick as they aren't really a playoff team.. But then they weren't last year either :wink:

Either way, healthy Thunder make it to the finals to face the Heat and then I take the Thunder in 7.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Its about time John Wall has a breakout season. This year seems like the year. He was on a tear at the end of lasts season. Bradley Beal is also extremely promising and Otto Porter is a safebet to slot in nicely at SF.

Wall
Beal
Porter
Nene
Okafor

Definitely good enough for a 7/8 seed.
East I got:

Heat
Pacers
Bulls
Nets
Knicks
Cavaliers
Hawks
Wizards

Heat for EC Champions

West:

Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Rockets
Warriors
Grizzlies
Nuggets
Lakers or Hornets

Lakers a controversial pick as they aren't really a playoff team.. But then they weren't last year either :wink:

Either way, healthy Thunder make it to the finals to face the Heat and then I take the Thunder in 7.

I'm expecting big things from Golden State this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
East I have as:
Heat
Bulls/Pacers
Pacers/Bulls
Nets
Knicks
Pistons
Wizards
Hawks

Heat to win the conference

West as:
Thunder
Spurs
Clippers
Rockets
Warriors
Grizzlies
Timberwolves
Blazers/Nuggets/Lakers depending on Kobe

Thunder to win the conference

Heat beating the Thunder in 6, obviously providing no terrible injuries or old style LeBron fourth quarters.

I can't look past James to win both MVP's

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in. I'll try to be more active on this forum this season! :smile:

My predictions:

MVP Lebron
DPOY Howard
MIP Enes Kanter
ROY Cody Zeller
COY Doc

Original post by brighteyes1994
Good work on the new thread bro - as I mentioned in the other thread, I will be setting up a fantasy league for us, mentioning it way ahead of times because it failed last year (my bad).

Snake or auction?
Draft date? (has to be after sept. 18th I believe)
Roto or H2H?
How many teams?

Post here and I will work it out :smile:

I'd be up for this (if y'all let me in lol) in which case:

Snake
Morning or Mid day on a weekend
H2H
Don't care

Latest