The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
It's an evolutionary response as most people with naturally blonde hair go darker with age... Therefore blonde hair is synonymous with youth.

Not sure about the pale skin part, I have blonde hair and blue eyes and think I look better with a bit if a tan.

I imagine you look great, (I like blonde hair and blue eyes) but a tan may make it look 'off' with a darker complexion and light hair colour.
Original post by Capn cas
I imagine you look great, (I like blonde hair and blue eyes) but a tan may make it look 'off' with a darker complexion and light hair colour.

Yeah... Tbh with all this hot weather it has got to the point where my face is darker than my hair! Not such a good look!
Original post by La belle jolie
Do you mean to say that white guys tend to go for white girls (and Asian guys go for Asian girls etc.)?

it's more common yeah.

Or at least, people usually tend to be more attracted to what they grow up surrounded by and are familiar with.
Don't know about evolutionary reasons, but hell, them Swedes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
I'm a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes who prefers brunettes. Although hair and eye colour isn't that important.
Reply 45
Prefer me a brunette.
This will be interesting. Let's see the political correctness and obvious bull**** come through in this thread.
Original post by im so academic
This will be interesting. Let's see the political correctness and obvious bull**** come through in this thread.

We love you too ISA :love:
Reply 48
I'm blonde, blue eyed & pale and my friends joke about how I shouldn't ever have a problem finding a guy because of how I look but I don't really think I get any more attention than any of my friends so I wouldn't say so. :dontknow: Although surely it would depend of your facial features and not just hair/eye colour?
Anyone who thinks so, PM me :sexface:

Spoiler

Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Anyone who thinks so, PM me :sexface:

Spoiler

Couldn't resist taking a look at your pictures, sorry :ninja: I think you'd look nice no matter what hair colour you had! :tongue:
Original post by La belle jolie
Couldn't resist taking a look at your pictures, sorry :ninja: I think you'd look nice no matter what hair colour you had! :tongue:

Aww thanks! :h: My hair's quite a dark ginger in most of those photos as I dyed it, but it's fading back to its natural colour (gingery blonde) now. I think I'd look awful with anything really dark though!
I don't think its true or all the dark haired girls would be left single and the blonde girls taken and then the dark hair 'gene' would die out. So no its not true they may have a preference but everybody is different I don't find guys with blonde hair hot
I prefer that and the same for men but its all subjective most people I know really love dark hair and brown eyes
ill just also add most men I know love red heads (the redder the better, apparently it something to do with my age group though and arial from the little mermaid being most little boys first crush when it first came out :redface:)
Original post by desdemonata
Studies have generally shown that guys prefer dark hair over blondes...

And what about black or asian women? Guys have to have a preference for Caucasians? Hmm. I think it's bs personally.

I agree. I think the worldwide drool over blonde girls is a cultural phenomenon. It's partly driven by admiration of the characteristics most associated with Northern Europe, which is unsurprising, given the colonial domination of the North European countries across much of the world. There are also famous images from movies that spawned a whole genre of blonde-gazing and the differentness thing - blonde is relatively rare in global terms.
Reply 56
People are turned on by ALL sorts of things.
Hmm, quite a few guys I know have expressed a dislike for blonde hair and much prefer brunettes.

I sometimes wonder if that's due to the stereotype of all the fake tan, bleach blonde girls you get around as few (English) girls have naturally blonde hair.

Anyway I generally find boys with dark eyes and dark hair more attractive, but that isn't to say blonde guys don't look good too :daydreaming:
Personally, I think that there are far more attractive brunettes than there are blondes and redheads. But when you have two attractive women, the blonde, in my opinion, stands out more. For example, Cameron Diaz and Penelope Cruz. This is just what I think (even if slightly biased as I am blonde myself!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Greyhoodie
Personally, I think that there are far more attractive brunettes than there are blondes and redheads. But when you have two attractive women, the blonde, in my opinion, stands out more. For example, Cameron Diaz and Penelope Cruz. This is just what I think (even if slightly biased as I am blonde myself!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting, why do you think that?

Latest