The Student Room Group

I betrayed my partner

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
But you just said you were cheated on? I presume that was a previous relationship?

Actually I am not justifying it. I am explaining my reasons for doing something so messed up-there is a reason or reasons for anything in life. Look at my posts here. I already feel broken despite my gf being there for me. It is out of character and there are a few reasons why it happened.

yes my ex but we did nothing beyond kiss as I wasn't ready and im glad I didn't loose it to a cheat. well if she can forgive you then your very lucky maybe its just the wake up call you needed
You should've thought of the consequences before doing it? I don't think you deserve any sympathy here.
Reply 42
Original post by SillyMilly
yes my ex but we did nothing beyond kiss as I wasn't ready and im glad I didn't loose it to a cheat. well if she can forgive you then your very lucky maybe its just the wake up call you needed

I know it has shook me really badly. Glad your better now.
Reply 43
It'll all be downhill from here, until it eventually ends.
Reply 44
Original post by Huskaris
It'll all be downhill from here, until it eventually ends.

Not really. I am the at fault party and I am prepared to make amends for my error. Our love is strong. It's not like I don't care for her or regularly cheat. I made an error for a variety of reasons. Won't again.
Reply 45
Not really. I am the at fault party and I am prepared to make amends for my error. Our love is strong. It's not like I don't care for her or regularly cheat. I made an error for a variety of reasons. Won't again.

Ok mate, let me know in a year how well its going.
Reply 46
This is a deed that can never be erased unfortunately.
I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt.

I wish you the best bud.

Reply 47
Ok mate, let me know in a year how well its going.

Will do. Don't claim to know my relationship cause you don't :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Canaduh
This is a deed that can never be erased unfortunately.
I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt.

I wish you the best bud.

Thanks mate. Overwhelming guilt. Not a nice place to be. I don't know how I will heal.
Reply 49
Will do. Don't claim to know my relationship cause you don't :smile:

And you think you're going to get away with it?
Don't claim to understand women cause you don't :-)
You had a faithful gf for 4 years who you were possibly going to marry and you've thrown it all away. I don't understand why you would do that and I feel really sorry for your gf because she's spent all those years with you and you do that? Just because you wanted to see what it's like with someone else.

If she's able to stay with you after this, you have some serious work to do in gaining her trust and proving yourself and proving that you're sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
And you think you're going to get away with it?
Don't claim to understand women cause you don't :-)

Get away with what, I owned up and she forgave me. I didn't ask to get away with anything. I explained why I feel so crap and still do :rolleyes:

Yes yes of course you have read "askmen" so now you know women?

Even if you apparently did, you still don't know ANYTHING about my relationship or us.

It could make us stronger and there have been previous examples on here/real life.

Don't be a know it all, don't suit ya.
Reply 52
Original post by bubblyraindrop
You had a faithful gf for 4 years who you were possibly going to marry and you've thrown it all away. I don't understand why you would do that and I feel really sorry for your gf because she's spent all those years with you and you do that? Just because you wanted to see what it's like with someone else.

If she's able to stay with you after this, you have some serious work to do in gaining her trust and proving yourself and proving that you're sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the next stage.

Potentially she has "one up" on my gf even though she is well aware I love her only and this was just fun.

'
Are you ****ing kidding me. One up on my girlfriend'. What are you ****ing 14 or something. I feel sorry for your gf having to now go through this **** because you couldn't keep your dick inside. If your looking for forgiveness in this situation from then world you got another thing coming.

Girls who feel proud of taking others bf should well know they re nothing but meat to shag from a guys POV. I'm sorry but girls who feel like that seems to settling for less and sadly won't have enrich experience from a loving experience cus it shows they don't have pride, dignity or love for themselves.

If your gf forgives than your god damn well lucky but if I was her I would leave, knowing that I'll find better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cheated on my boyfriend about 3 years a
I cheated on my boyfriend about 3 years ago, we had been together for 2 years at the time. We are still together, but even now the guilt hasn't gone away. I don't know if he trusts me in the same way, I hope that he does. We are planning our future together and apart from knowing that he deserves better our relationship has gotten over it. Hope things work out with your girlfriend, but don't do it again. Just letting you know that its possible for a young relationship to survive cheating.
Reply 56
If you're on a slippery slope then they are probably 100x worse (sorry but its true :s-smilie:). If she's sticking by you then that's great but you have to sort it out as if you don't it will niggle her FOREVER so you have to (as painful as it maybe) share and tell her it all otherwise it will catch up in the long run. Either way lots of pain for both of you :frown: if you wanna talk pm me, best of luck :smile:
Reply 57
My partner did something similiar but she made it up to me, she bought my a swarovski bracelet, gave me time when I needed it, for quite a lot of times I cried to her about how hurt I was and it helped a bit because she was there for me. She cut of all ties with that person and got rid of the 'friends' who urged her to do it. But she learnt what she did was wrong and we got past it. It was so hard and it hurt me so much but if she really does love you, which she must do then, she will get so angry and want to do everything but it will just break her heart like it did to me but we're gradually building up trust again. It's taken months but we're getting there. In some ways it has been good as we've got closer than we've ever been and she's more considerate now. Even gives her friends advice on how to treat people. I glad we're where we are now. Just give her the space she needs but be there when she asks or just being with her helps. I think trust will be quite a big issue in the future and she might not trust your friends or you getting drunk, just like I dont trust mine when she drinks, its given me anxiety. I can see you are really sorry, so hope she forgives you eventually :smile:
I don't understand, if you love someone that much there shouldn't be a niggling feeling. My boyfriend is the first I've ever had, we've been together now for 3.5 years and never have I ever felt a need to cheat, because his feelings come first in everything. I literally do not understand why you would cheat.

If she does take you back, then not will she take a long time to trust you again but also it will take her a long time to regain her self confidence. I personally think she should leave you. 4 years is a long time, it's a commitment to someone, and you broke that. She must be feeling horrendous. Even if she does forgive you, don't you think that is going to be the end of her doubts about you or your relationship.

Honestly, from your posts you seem like you feel really sorry for yourself, talking about how awful YOU feel. What does that say about you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
This is actually quite bizarre since I have been in this exact situation a few months back with a guy who exactly been withy their gf for four years but their sex life was dismissive, and he just craved attention - which he clearly wasn't getting from her... It's really weird tbh because we was quite close friends who had alot in common and had the same morals, we ended up kissing which he regretted straight away and told his gf... His gf now hates me, which don't blame her tbh, and he said he would like to remain my friend but most times when see him, it's just a bit awkward -- that's what you get for something like this and have to take responsibility for your actions! Luckily for him, his Honesty helped him and they are stronger now and managed to talk to each other and sort shizz out

You got to think, what made you cheat on her in the first place? Was something lacking other than experience?? Either way, you have to own up to your actions and accept the consequences

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending