The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4500
Original post by PonchoKid
I'm a fat waste of space that is a massive failure.
Iv failed at everything in my life
Who would want to run after me to make sure I'm ok, no one, people would laugh at me that's all

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would come and make sure you are ok :smile: :lovehug: :grouphugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a fat waste of space that is a massive failure.
Iv failed at everything in my life
Who would want to run after me to make sure I'm ok, no one, people would laugh at me that's all

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not a failure, you're just going through a hard time both mentally and with life circumstances. And I've already said we all care about you and would want to look after you. :smile:
Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough to be happy. I'm going to try harder.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough to be happy. I'm going to try harder.

I decided that instead of working on myself and my probably numerous issues, I'd just get some fluffy pet mice instead! :tongue: Even if you can't change the big things wrong in your life straight away, there are usually all kinds of little things you can do to be nicer to yourself. :smile:
Original post by superwolf

How did it go?

It went quite well. They gave me some options for treatment and reassured me about some stuff. I like how blunt yet still supportive it was. Not treated like I'm odd but also not treated as if I'm just being attention seeking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I decided that instead of working on myself and my probably numerous issues, I'd just get some fluffy pet mice instead! :tongue: Even if you can't change the big things wrong in your life straight away, there are usually all kinds of little things you can do to be nicer to yourself. :smile:

I don't really deserve nice things though :dontknow:

I want a kitten so bad, haha. Definitely can't get one.
Maybe I'm reading into this too much but I got a text saying my blood test results are in. Usually I'll phone up and be given my results like that but this time they asked me to make an appointment to discuss it. I can't help but get the feeling they wouldn't ask me to make an appointment about it an waste their time unless it was something worth discussing and normal, healthy blood is not worth discussing. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ladders
is there a chance you have really high pressure on yourself, and that makes things seem like failure ?

I think failing a Micky mouse degree about proves I'm a huge failure

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're not a failure, you're just going through a hard time both mentally and with life circumstances. And I've already said we all care about you and would want to look after you. :smile:

I am, I know I am and so does everyone else.

Rory's going back to sleep and I know I'm going downhill :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kindred
It went quite well. They gave me some options for treatment and reassured me about some stuff. I like how blunt yet still supportive it was. Not treated like I'm odd but also not treated as if I'm just being attention seeking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear it. :smile:

Original post by kiss_me_now9
I don't really deserve nice things though :dontknow:

I want a kitten so bad, haha. Definitely can't get one.

Yes you do. :yes:

You could try volunteering at an animal rescue centre? Get to play with kitties and the like and pretend they're yours! :biggrin:

Original post by Kindred
Maybe I'm reading into this too much but I got a text saying my blood test results are in. Usually I'll phone up and be given my results like that but this time they asked me to make an appointment to discuss it. I can't help but get the feeling they wouldn't ask me to make an appointment about it an waste their time unless it was something worth discussing and normal, healthy blood is not worth discussing. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they only asked you to make an appointment, rather than saying you need to come in immediately or anything then chances are it's just a minor deficiency, e.g. anaemia. I'd just make the appointment so you won't be worrying about it for too long.
I am, I know I am and so does everyone else.

Rory's going back to sleep and I know I'm going downhill :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Define 'everybody'? Cos I'm pretty sure I'm somebody, and I don't think you're a failure!
I think failing a Micky mouse degree about proves I'm a huge failure

Posted from TSR Mobile

well you can't define your entire self over one thing, no matter how unacceptable that thing might seem. i bet you're good at other things?
we've all got strengths and weaknesses, i know you do because you're a human

If they only asked you to make an appointment, rather than saying you need to come in immediately or anything then chances are it's just a minor deficiency, e.g. anaemia. I'd just make the appointment so you won't be worrying about it for too long.

yep i had to make an appointment and got an all clear
Define 'everybody'? Cos I'm pretty sure I'm somebody, and I don't think you're a failure!

Broke down in front of Rory, had to get my twiddly to keep me safe I'm so **** :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4514

Hi!

I've been ok I suppose. I'm not happy and I'm thinking too much but other than that I'm fine. I haven't cried in a while which is always a plus haha :smile:.

How have you been?
Reply 4515
Despite my terrible indecisiveness about most things in life I actually managed to choose a book and finish it in less than a week!

Albeit it was quite short but I agreed with a post ages ago about reading being such a struggle so reading a book for the first time in over a year feels great :smile:.

I finished that one and started another book today. I'm going try and read everyday like I used to once upon a time... I'm trying to get back my passion for reading as well as having a distraction and being slightly productive.

Sorry for the random post! Although hopefully there is a lot more randomness to be posted as I do miss this thread and the people on it... apologises for forever being useless at posting :getmecoat:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Broke down in front of Rory, had to get my twiddly to keep me safe I'm so **** :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to act 'strong' in front of everybody, especially not your boyfriend! :smile: You're allowed to display human emotions, which is all you've been doing.

Original post by luno
Despite my terrible indecisiveness about most things in life I actually managed to choose a book and finish it in less than a week!

Albeit it was quite short but I agreed with a post ages ago about reading being such a struggle so reading a book for the first time in over a year feels great :smile:.

I finished that one and started another book today. I'm going try and read everyday like I used to once upon a time... I'm trying to get back my passion for reading as well as having a distraction and being slightly productive.

Sorry for the random post! Although hopefully there is a lot more randomness to be posted as I do miss this thread and the people on it... apologises for forever being useless at posting :getmecoat:.

Really pleased for you, plus just good to hear from you in general. :smile:
Reply 4517
Hi everyone

My waters broke at 1.30 this morning, started having short regular contractions shortly after. Went straight to hospital. 2cm dilated. Going to be here soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
Hi everyone

My waters broke at 1.30 this morning, started having short regular contractions shortly after. Went straight to hospital. 2cm dilated. Going to be here soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck sweetheart!

I've woken up this morning with the worst of urges :frown:
Reply 4519
Original post by HmMusic
Hi everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be thinking of you! All the best of luck and everything awesome. :jumphug: