The Student Room Group

Completely confused with childcare form...

Hi,

I am due to begin studying at Derby University in September and I am having difficulty with understanding the childcare forms...

Firstly...when it comes to section 2, d: it asks for costs "Before term 1", "Term 1", "Holiday 1"...etc

Whilst I now understand what these mean...are there a total amount of weeks you can have childcare provided for? I am looking to place my younger son in childcare for a total of 40 weeks per year.

Secondly, I will have two different childcare providers for my elder son: one is before school (breakfast club) and the other is for after school (childminder).

Do I add the total cost from both providers as one final cost/price for section 2,d and then fill in two of the chldcare providers for him in section of the form?

This would mean 3 childcare provider details in total (1 for younger sons nursery, 2 for elder sons before/after school care).

Any help asap would be great as I need to send these forms off pronto! Thanks
Hi KC,

Childcare can run from 1 September one year to the 31 August of the next year so you will be entitled to support for your 40 weeks.

You would enter the total amount of childcare for each child per week in 1d and then in section 3 you can list the details of each of the childcare providers, there should be enough room for 3 separate provders.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you, that does help a little....

The form doesn't ask for the amount of weeks so how do I express this? How many weeks are in Term 1, Holliday 1, Term 2, Holiday 2, Term 3 and after Term 3?

Going by the three terms as Autumn, Spring and Summer, for example, Term 1 for my children's childcare providers includes 12 weeks, Holiday 1 includes 1 weeks, Term 2 includes 13 weeks , Holiday 2 includes 3 weeks, Term 3 includes 11 weeks.

For my elder son, it'd be £54 between two different providers for the school weeks, but £150 per week in half term...So how does that fit into the form?

But the above are the terms according to both my children's school/nursery and don't exactly match up with the University Terms. I can only estimate the Uni term dates as I cannot find a simple table of term dates for Derby University.

Most of this is because there is half term in addition to just 'Christmas' 'Easter' etc. Do I include the half term childcare costs in the holiday space??

I accidentally filled out the total cost for each Term/Holiday on the form, rather than the weekly cost. How do I work out the weekly cost? It's all so confusing!

It would make more sense if the form asked the weekly cost for the schools/nursery terms given that the free 15 hour placement also works around the 38 school weeks. This is how the costs work out for me:

Term 1 (Sept-Oct), 1st son £54 per week, 2nd son £139.75, 6 weeks

then half term (Oct-Nov), 1st son £150 per week, 2nd son £175 2 weeks

Term 2(Nov-Dec). £54 139.75 8 weeks

Christmas wouldn't be needed so then it'd :

Term 3 (Jan-Feb), £54, 139.75 6 weeks

Half Term (Feb), £150 £175 1 week

Term 4 (Feb-April), £54 £139.75 7 weeks

Half Term (April/Easter), £150 £175 2 weeks

Term 5 (April-May), £54 £139.75 4 weeks

Half Term (May), £150 £175 1 week

Term 6 (June-July) £54 £139.75 7 weeks

So how do I put all this into the form??
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi KC,

Childcare can run from 1 September one year to the 31 August of the next year so you will be entitled to support for your 40 weeks.

You would enter the total amount of childcare for each child per week in 1d and then in section 3 you can list the details of each of the childcare providers, there should be enough room for 3 separate provders.

Hope this helps,
Mark-Lee :smile:

Hi Mark,

I have since replied to this post, please could you get back to me as I
need to send my forms off!

Many Thanks
Hi there,

You would complete the CCG1 form exactly as you have above as long as you have confirmed that the term dates and holiday periods are correct.

Thanks.
Reply 5
Hi,

The ccg1 form does not have a space to clarify that each term or holiday is 'x' amount of weeks. The form need re-writing - by parents who have been/are university students!

Thanks for getting back to me.
Hi there,

The CCG1 is to estimate weekly costs of childcare for the year.

We then ask for costs to be confirmed on a CCG2 at a later date.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending