The Student Room Group

He's gone.

Okay, I'm a 15 year old girl who has been depressed for the past few months.

So there's this teacher who I have got on really well with over the past year. I've known for some time now that he was going to be leaving but I don't think it ever really sunk it. Until today that is, because it's been his last day.

He's been there so much for me at school and has been really helpful and supportive. It got to the point where I would go and see him every day for advice because he was literally the only person I could talk to.

Now he's gone I don't know what to do. I have no way of contacting him (his school email was deleted today) and he's moving to the other end of the country so there's no chance of seeing him at all.

I just don't know what to do because he was everything and now I have nothing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's just a teacher.
Reply 2
:facepalm:
You could try running off to France together.
Original post by Meandmydream
Okay, I'm a 15 year old girl who has been depressed for the past few months.

So there's this teacher who I have got on really well with over the past year. I've known for some time now that he was going to be leaving but I don't think it ever really sunk it. Until today that is, because it's been his last day.

He's been there so much for me at school and has been really helpful and supportive. It got to the point where I would go and see him every day for advice because he was literally the only person I could talk to.

Now he's gone I don't know what to do. I have no way of contacting him (his school email was deleted today) and he's moving to the other end of the country so there's no chance of seeing him at all.

I just don't know what to do because he was everything and now I have nothing.

I'm sure that isn't true. From the sound of it, if he was everything, then the relationship wasn't just a student/teacher one. Nothing lasts forever, and I'm sure you'll find more teachers that you trust like him.
Reply 5
Add them on facebook.
Reply 6
Yeah, you guys really don't get it. We got on really well but it was always above board. He was just always there whenever I needed to talk about anything and was really nice about my depression. I'm a shy person and find it difficult to talk to people so the fact I could talk to him means a lot.
Reply 7
Original post by Ham22
Add them on facebook.

He's not allowed to add me.
Reply 8
Facetime?
Reply 9
Original post by Meandmydream
He's not allowed to add me.

But he doesn't teach at your school anymore
Reply 10
Original post by Ham22
Facetime?

Neither of us have facetime :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by Ndella
But he doesn't teach at your school anymore

I know but he said he's not allowed to add us until we've left the school because he's friends with some of the teachers :L
Reply 12
Could you not add him on Facebook and send him a message asking for his email address?? In my experience there is nothing wrong with emailing to stay in touch even if you are still at school!
Original post by Swizzel
Could you not add him on Facebook and send him a message asking for his email address?? In my experience there is nothing wrong with emailing to stay in touch even if you are still at school!

Absolutely correct
Reply 14
Sorry, but this all sounds a bit weird. Unless he was going to adopt you I see no reason a teacher should get so close to a pupil behind their parents back. He's not a psychiatrist or your school friend. He's an adult male and you are a school girl.
Reply 15
Original post by noobynoo
Sorry, but this all sounds a bit weird. Unless he was going to adopt you I see no reason a teacher should get so close to a pupil behind their parents back. He's not a psychiatrist or your school friend. He's an adult male and you are a school girl.

To be fair before I left school a few months ago I was really close to one of my teachers. When ever I had a problem with anything she would always do her best to help me. We got on really well and there is nothing wrong with it. I have her email address and I will be keeping in touch with her! :smile:
He was just being professional, you may have thought he was everything to you but to him you were just a pupil. Sooner you realise that the sooner you can get over it.
Reply 17
Original post by Swizzel
To be fair before I left school a few months ago I was really close to one of my teachers. When ever I had a problem with anything she would always do her best to help me. We got on really well and there is nothing wrong with it. I have her email address and I will be keeping in touch with her! :smile:

Out of interest would you feel the same way if you found out she was a lesbian and her girlfriend was your age?
Reply 18
Original post by noobynoo
Out of interest would you feel the same way if you found out she was a lesbian and her girlfriend was your age?

To be honest it would be weird but her husband works at the school as well and she has children so it hasn't really been something to consider! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Swizzel
To be honest it would be weird but her husband works at the school as well and she has children so it hasn't really been something to consider! :smile:

Well then that's fair enough I guess. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending