The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Budgie
I'm a bit behind on this because I have been on holiday, but The Guardian reported on Monday that Moyes declined to sign Thiago, who wanted to come, in order to pursue Fabregas. If that is true then I think Moyes really missed a trick; Thiago would have been perfect and great value.
I don't think its true, there isn't enough in the two of them you would do that especially not with the prices. I think its journalists trying to string a story that makes sense together.
I think he name dropped Fabregas because Guardiola name dropped Thiago and he liked that. But I think Fabregas won't come, nor will a bid be accepted. Making us look like we've missed two key signings (+ even poss strootman if we were really in for him) WHY U NO HV PULLIN POWA?
Original post by CB91
Barca have rejected the offer.

What is with you United fans. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, they haven't.
Original post by Whitechapel
I think he name dropped Fabregas because Guardiola name dropped Thiago and he liked that. But I think Fabregas won't come, nor will a bid be accepted. Making us look like we've missed two key signings (+ even poss strootman if we were really in for him) WHY U NO HV PULLIN POWA?

Pep only named dropped Thiago because the deal was pretty much done already...
Original post by ledleyking123
They hAvent though lol

You Still haven't learnt have you :lol:
On the bright side, if we don't sign a good CM, then we can give Nick Powell plenty of chances!
Original post by Manchester United
On the bright side, if we don't sign a good CM, then we can give Nick Powell plenty of chances!

I really want Adnan Januzaj to get a run in the team. Seems like a good prospect.
Reply 6927
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
I really want Adnan Januzaj to get a run in the team. Seems like a good prospect.

He looks very promising but not ready/experienced enough to be a regular first team player.
Adnan isn't a cm anyway. But he is lucky he plays in positions that we can sub him in/out without much impact so he should get plenty of games time hopefully.
Reply 6929
I'd quite like to see Januzaj too. Some fresh faces on the wings in him and Zaha could be quite exciting after a bit of a dreary year in those positions.

Just wondering, I notice a lot of you call Januzaj "Adnan". Is that what he wears on his shirt or are you all just on first name terms with him? :biggrin:
Original post by xDave-
I'd quite like to see Januzaj too. Some fresh faces on the wings in him and Zaha could be quite exciting after a bit of a dreary year in those positions.

Just wondering, I notice a lot of you call Januzaj "Adnan". Is that what he wears on his shirt or are you all just on first name terms with him? :biggrin:

I think it might be that it's just easier to spell Adnan then Januzaj.

Of course he could be Kusczak which is a pain to spell. So much so I'm not even sure I've spelt it right there.
Anyone on the wing that isn't Valencia would be nice.
Reply 6932
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
That is the thing that worries me. We have the toughest start to a new season since records began and people say that we can wait until the transfer window shuts?

We need the players to come in as soon as possible and adapt to the teammates and manager as soon as possible to get off to start the season up and running.

We should be the team that concluded the deal first logically thinking right? Yet, we are the last of the clubs to get a deal done! (Varela does not count).

Those few games at the start of season are so important to moyes, that is why he looking for proven talent that is or was playing the PBL, that is why I think he did not go for Thiago as it might of risked the outcome of the season as he is relatively unproven and is risky. Cesc or Mordic would be perfect as they are great midfielders but crucially have PBL experience.

So it all evolves around Moyes getting the best possible start that he can.

This is definitely logical, and probably true. That said, I'm not sure how attractive United looks as a club, at the moment. Disregarding silly factors that some players give about the Mancunian weather, United no longer have the greatest manager of all time, can afford less in terms of wages than compared to, say, Man City, and are possibly about to lose one of their best players. Chelsea, with Mourinho looking to rejuvenate the club, and City, who have made a couple of decent signings, would, if I were looking to move to England, be more attractive places to play football.

So yes, as you say, we have to sign a reasonably decent player reasonably quickly. Not just for your reasons (settling into both United and the PL, avoiding early pressure on Moyes, etc.), but because, whilst we still prove to the European football community that we can bring in good players, good players will want to be brought in. The better we make our squad, the more attractive it is to play there. Modric or Fabregas, or even Kroos (whose transfer rumours are pretty much dead) would be great signings, then, in terms of both results, and future trading.
Has Nani signed a new deal or did I make that up?

I hope he did- excellent player on his day
Original post by That Bearded Man

There were rumors a few days ago that he would be offered a new contract, he hasn't signed anything though and those rumors could just be rumors. I'd much prefer him to sign a new contract than to leave for the fees being quoted.
you guys are lucky Del Piero isn't playing for A-League XI

he would be banging in those goals against De Gea :smile:
Original post by That Bearded Man

Not yet, but I really hope that he does.

He's a very good player and deserves a chance in the team. I hated how Sir Alex would drop him after one bad performance. Other players got away with having multiple bad ones in a row.
Original post by xDave-

I don't know what he wears on the back, the only time I've ever seen the back of his shirt is in the Singha XI game, but his name was in Thai language. The commentators kept saying 'Adnan', maybe because it's easier to say.

But yes, I'd like to see Zaha and Januzaj this year, they may even make Nani, Young and Valencia play better.
Yeah - Adnan had "Adnan" on his back
Original post by Manchester United
I don't know what he wears on the back, the only time I've ever seen the back of his shirt is in the Singha XI game, but his name was in Thai language. The commentators kept saying 'Adnan', maybe because it's easier to say.

But yes, I'd like to see Zaha and Januzaj this year, they may even make Nani, Young and Valencia play better.

Well Nani, anytime he's played has been shoved against RM, chelski type teams and was asked to plug out an amazing performance. Didn't perform so was dropped straight away. Didn't really have a chance in the team. Valencia and Young mind you, both horrendous players and I hope Zaha gives them two a run for their money this season. I wanna see Zaha on the left, Nani right!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest