The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by tess_rach
Ah yes, I remember now :smile: and I don't know, I was never told what I needed for my target grade (A/A*) - Miss thought it better to go in without expectation. I got 90 UMS for B1, 87 UMS for B2 and 49/50 for the CAU - how do I work it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need 360 UMS out of the 400 in total for an A* and 320 UMS for an A overall.
So take your current score away from 360 and 320 to see your remaining UMS you need for each grade. I would take your CA as 100 UMS with a mark like that! So:
For an A* you need 360-(90+87+100)=83 UMS
For an A you need 320-(90+87+100)=43 UMS
That's really impressive by the way. Good luck in August!
Original post by IrishChick
Any ideas on grade boundaries for Irish? :smile:

Hmm hard to call, my teacher reckoned 35/36 in both would get you full UMS. Going by the last couple of years' boundaries, maybe 30-32 for an A* for both and 26-30 for an A? I'm not sure!
Original post by Molly648
Yeah I agree the mechanics and stats paper was trickier than the pure! It's difficult to know with English! It could either go really well or really bad depending on who is marking it!! Aww I will be so scared leading up to these results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the smartest fellas it my year never got it finished. :redface:
I'm hoping I do well in Lit because I'm taking it on, but it really does depend on the marker!
Don't panic haha, it's a month away yet and you'll have done grand. :smile:
Where abouts do you live btw? :smile:
Original post by aasvogel
Hmm hard to call, my teacher reckoned 35/36 in both would get you full UMS. Going by the last couple of years' boundaries, maybe 30-32 for an A* for both and 26-30 for an A? I'm not sure!

Okay thank you :biggrin:
Reply 784
Original post by CD223
You need 360 UMS out of the 400 in total for an A* and 320 UMS for an A overall.
So take your current score away from 360 and 320 to see your remaining UMS you need for each grade. I would take your CA as 100 UMS with a mark like that! So:
For an A* you need 360-(90+87+100)=83 UMS
For an A you need 320-(90+87+100)=43 UMS
That's really impressive by the way. Good luck in August!

Thank you! And good luck to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the OCR 21st century science CA as well as the edexcel History CA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by darkdrifter10
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for the OCR 21st century science CA as well as the edexcel History CA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going by triple science CA boundaries, 52-54 is an A. I think 59/60 was an A*.
Reply 787
Did anyone do WJEC english language? I have all my unit results, so could someone tell me what sort of grade I'm on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ani97
Did anyone do WJEC english language? I have all my unit results, so could someone tell me what sort of grade I'm on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go ahead!

:reel:
Reply 789
So we'll be able to scrutinise our tests a lot more next year. :tongue:
We do Edexcel Maths and I think maybe Edexcel Further Maths too :frown:. They don't even have top candidate awards! :redface:
I did a ridiculous amount of work for my English Literature exam, probably 50-60% of my total revision, luckily, for 5 of the 6 essays we had to do, I had already written essays/ essay plans about them, and the other was an unseen poem!
5am is a ridiculous time :redface:, I thought my half 11 night-before my controlled assessment was bad! English exams and me don't get on well haha, but I love English Literature, I'm doing it for A-Level and I might do it for a degree :colondollar:.

Can't wait for that! :wink:
Those are the ones I'll be doing! They don't?! :eek:
Same! But if I had to do it again I would be changing my revision strategy - a lot of my revision wasn't helpful because I just wrote quotes out and didn't remember them! English lit was like my 1st real exam (don't count my spanish listening as a proper exam because I like languages haha) so it was really good to get it out of the way or I'd've spent no time revising other things :redface:
Welll it was a morning exam and I was tired so I just went to bed at like 9 and got up early :tongue: wasn't getting anything done anywayy and i was panicking so i needed to do something for it haha! although i wasn't as bad as my friend who actually threw up the night before it but anywayyys..
You want to do it for a degree?! You must be crazy! It's hard enough at GCSE, nevermind degree level :tongue:

Haha thank you, I like your name too! :wink: I thought that they weren't too bad but knowing me I will make some stupid mistakes on the add maths papers!! English is hard to tell, I suppose it depends if the examiner likes what I have written or not! What books did you have to do for English? For RE I did the Revelation of God and the Christian Church last year, and this year I did Christian Ethics, what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too! Although I'm hoping I did really well on the pure paper because it was a nice one haha
English is dodgy - I have genuinely no idea how I did,now I'm thinking about it! We did To Kill A Mockingbird for the novel and An Inspector Calls for the play. Youu?
Oohh I did Matthew last year and Ethics this year! I thought Ethics was alright but it was quite weird that half the questions were from the spec paper, I was genuinely confused because they were nearly word for word the same :tongue: How'd you find it?
Original post by ChronicBoredom
Did anyone do the B3 AQA science exam. How did you find it??

Posted from TSR Mobile

HAHHAHA THAT TADPOLE QUESTION

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 791
One of the smartest fellas it my year never got it finished. :redface:
I'm hoping I do well in Lit because I'm taking it on, but it really does depend on the marker!
Don't panic haha, it's a month away yet and you'll have done grand. :smile:
Where abouts do you live btw? :smile:

Thank you for reassuring me! Haha, I need it sometimes! You will be fine, if you want to carry on with english lit then you must be good at it! :smile: I live in Belfast, what about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 792
Original post by mollyh77
Same! But if I had to do it again I would be changing my revision strategy - a lot of my revision wasn't helpful because I just wrote quotes out and didn't remember them! English lit was like my 1st real exam (don't count my spanish listening as a proper exam because I like languages haha) so it was really good to get it out of the way or I'd've spent no time revising other things :redface:
Welll it was a morning exam and I was tired so I just went to bed at like 9 and got up early :tongue: wasn't getting anything done anywayy and i was panicking so i needed to do something for it haha! although i wasn't as bad as my friend who actually threw up the night before it but anywayyys..
You want to do it for a degree?! You must be crazy! It's hard enough at GCSE, nevermind degree level :tongue:

Yeah me too! Although I'm hoping I did really well on the pure paper because it was a nice one haha
English is dodgy - I have genuinely no idea how I did,now I'm thinking about it! We did To Kill A Mockingbird for the novel and An Inspector Calls for the play. Youu?
Oohh I did Matthew last year and Ethics this year! I thought Ethics was alright but it was quite weird that half the questions were from the spec paper, I was genuinely confused because they were nearly word for word the same :tongue: How'd you find it?

Same! Hopefully the pure will bring up the marks :wink: for English we did, Of Mice and Men and then we also did An Inspector Calls, who knows how it will go!! Yeah I found Ethics okay! I think I remember choosing the War and Peace question and some other one which I cannot remember! Haha what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CheesePuffff
I did this, it's one of the exams I'm most worried about it. I made loads of stupid mistakes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll do fine. Any ideas on b3 grade boundaries??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
I did! I loved "label the heart" - I revised that loads! I can't remember any of the other questions though - I know there was one on transpiration, but what was the six mark question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! I loved that one and the insulin question. I mucked up the iron lung one though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 795
Original post by ChronicBoredom
Yeah! I loved that one and the insulin question. I mucked up the iron lung one though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The iron lung one was weird- when you had to say pros and cons of the positive and negative pressure... I was stumped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been dreaming about results day. Weird?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for reassuring me! Haha, I need it sometimes! You will be fine, if you want to carry on with english lit then you must be good at it! :smile: I live in Belfast, what about yourself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in Banbridge but go to school in Newry :smile:. Was just wondering in case you lived nearby, because I've met a couple on here who have. :tongue:
Original post by mollyh77

Yay! See you in next year's threads. :wink: I'm not sure if they do or not,but I would assume they wouldn't, or at least big it up like CCEA do :/.
I was the same! It was my 4th exam technically, but the first 3 were language listenings too :tongue:. I think I stressed myself out too much for it and did way more work than anyone else, but being sick?? I never stayed up any later than half!
I'm not 100% sure, either English with French or Maths :s-smilie:. What are you thinking of? :smile:
Reply 799
I live in Banbridge but go to school in Newry :smile:. Was just wondering in case you lived nearby, because I've met a couple on here who have. :tongue:

Hey at least I have met someone from roughly the same area! I thought that would never happen :wink: what a levels are you doing next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest