University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by ckidaha
Is anyone else doing Law??

I am!!! Hey there aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Hey guys any idea how good the career services are at the university . Gonna take up Msc in Microelectronics System Design this september :smile:
Original post by Strawberry x3
Thanks, that was nice to hear :smile:

And do you know what they mean by 'Standard contract'? From what I read, I gathered that it covers Christmas and Easter. :smile:

Gaah I feel like I'm going to do something wrong and mess it all up :s-smilie:

Yeah, most of the halls have contracts that run over Easter and Xmas. There are a couple that I think you have to move out over Easter although I couldn't say which :/
Reply 384
Anybody else here firmed for English and/or music? :smile:
Has anyone here applied for Liberty Point accommodation? Does it come with a Uni-Link bus pass?
Reply 386
Hi guys, I've just had my conditional offer updated to unconditional so will be there in September. Will be studying Engineering with Foundation year.
Be great to hear from others doing the same. Also applied for Glen Eyre and Wessex Lane but hoping for Glen Eyre.
Good luck all who are waiting on results and see you soon! :smile:
Original post by A_oneill
Hi guys, I've just had my conditional offer updated to unconditional so will be there in September. Will be studying Engineering with Foundation year.
Be great to hear from others doing the same. Also applied for Glen Eyre and Wessex Lane but hoping for Glen Eyre.
Good luck all who are waiting on results and see you soon! :smile:

me and apostonikos are doing engineering with Foundation year:cool:
Reply 388
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Has anyone here applied for Liberty Point accommodation? Does it come with a Uni-Link bus pass?

I have been under the impression that it does not.
Reply 389
Original post by wickedestrider
me and apostonikos are doing engineering with Foundation year:cool:

Me also.
Original post by kpaulmatt
I have been under the impression that it does not.

Same, I found some ancient (well, 2009 :lol:) TSR threads that said you don't get the pass, but I've sent an enquiry form to Soton to check. I will apply anyway, looks decent. I'm not a highly social person so not too bothered about the genuine halls experience; people have commented it's not very lively there but I don't mind :^_^:
Original post by jibjab
Me also.

Do you wanna add me as a friend? i cant find the button on your profile.
Reply 392
noone doing modern languages R990?! :frown:
Reply 393
I've firmed for oceanography :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Congrats on firming guys and gals :smile: Any questions feel free to ask :smile: Can give more in detail answers on Engineering and Chamberlain/Glen Eyre Halls :biggrin:
Reply 395
Original post by SJS101
Congrats on firming guys and gals :smile: Any questions feel free to ask :smile: Can give more in detail answers on Engineering and Chamberlain/Glen Eyre Halls :biggrin:

Bit of a different question here, but I don't suppose you know anything about motorcycle parking at the uni? If there's any at glen eyre, if you have to pay for it etc? I've tried emailing the uni themselves but as yet no one has got back to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone for aeronautics and astronautics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
Firmed Biology :smile:
Reply 398
Original post by Simonion
Bit of a different question here, but I don't suppose you know anything about motorcycle parking at the uni? If there's any at glen eyre, if you have to pay for it etc? I've tried emailing the uni themselves but as yet no one has got back to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I am aware, students are not allowed to park vehicles at uni unless they have a special reason too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
Original post by SJS101
As far as I am aware, students are not allowed to park vehicles at uni unless they have a special reason too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Below is a link to a Soton student parking page. It says that no permit is needed for motorcycle or scooter as long as its not parked in an area that is designated for cars. I saw a few bikes parked randomly on campus when visiting. I've been considering bringing one myself but will stick to pedal power until early spring maybe.

The link

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/estates/services/carparking/student_park_permit.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending