The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maid Marian
I wish. :frown: Nobody notices me, and if they do it's only to notice how unattractive I am. Everyone hates me on here, and everyone hates me in RL.
I know what you mean about thinking about people for ages for something as simple as smiling at you. I'm totally like that. If someone smiles at me in RL it makes my day. But I don't think many other people are like that.

It's not just boys though, I'm scared of everyone because they judge me and laugh at my looks. Other girls make me feel like a worthless ant because I'm not pretty. Everybody is shallow and I hate the world. :frown:

Oh honey that's not true. (I like you :wink:). Of course there are so many people who are like that - whenever I smile at a stranger 9/10 times they smile back.

This is going to sound so cheesy but I genuinely believe that no one is unattractive. Let your personality shine through and show other people that looks are not everything! I know you can do it. I know a lot of guys that I always thought were good looking and I was attracted to them but then I realized that they were jerks and I no longer found them attractive. Trust me - personality is a huge changing factor. There's no point in being a beautiful girl if you have a heart of poison. You seem like such a lovely person on here - let others in RL see this side as well. (I hope RL means real life otherwise I've read your message completely wrong :colondollar:)

It doesn't sound like you're around the right people. I know that there are so many people who are judgmental but you need to ignore them. Anyone who makes you feel worthless is not worthy to spend time around you. I know it's hard but try your best to forgive them - don't allow their actions to make you upset or bitter (it doesn't help anyone).
Original post by Riku
ISA you have to be either a troll or one of the most insecure and bitter women I have ever come across on TSR.
Let me put it to you like this
You be a pretty face I pass in the street, You win my dick's attention for about half an hour at the most.

You make me laugh, you blind me with science, you show me your compassionate side, you give me a chance and give my interests a go-you win my heart...and by extension my dick for much longer :wink: And I think most men will say the same, even the ones more 'alpha' than me

P.S. studies consistently show looks are an attractor, personality's a deal-breaker :wink:

That's the point, if I'm not pretty, who will give me the chance in the first place? How can I attract guys in the first place? How can I break a deal if I don't have the deal in the first place?
Original post by blue.racoon59
Oh honey that's not true. (I like you :wink:). Of course there are so many people who are like that - whenever I smile at a stranger 9/10 times they smile back.

This is going to sound so cheesy but I genuinely believe that no one is unattractive. Let your personality shine through and show other people that looks are not everything! I know you can do it. I know a lot of guys that I always thought were good looking and I was attracted to them but then I realized that they were jerks and I no longer found them attractive. Trust me - personality is a huge changing factor. There's no point in being a beautiful girl if you have a heart of poison. You seem like such a lovely person on here - let others in RL see this side as well. (I hope RL means real life otherwise I've read your message completely wrong :colondollar:)

It doesn't sound like you're around the right people. I know that there are so many people who are judgmental but you need to ignore them. Anyone who makes you feel worthless is not worthy to spend time around you. I know it's hard but try your best to forgive them - don't allow their actions to make you upset or bitter (it doesn't help anyone).

Thanks. I appreciate your advice :smile: Yeah RL means real life :biggrin:
But almost *everyone* makes me feel worthless. Everyone gives me scathing looks and whispers about me. Sigh. :frown: Even when I find people who are nice to me, they all turn their backs on me in the end :frown:
Original post by SuziieB
Tbh you were probably going to have a **** life anyway with this defeatist attitude that you have. Good luck with achieving anything in life. Have you never seen successful people who were ugly? Shouldn't that motivate you even more that 'I will still achieve and prove that I can be great based on what I do, not on what I look like?'

If you cannot do that then again I bid you, GOOD LUCK!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The ugly and successful people were men. It's different for women.
Your existence is not made worthy by the attention you get from guys. (Just what they need - another ego boost :rolleyes:).

Oh really?

Let me assure you - you touch so many people's lives everyday and on TSR. You don't think they like you and care about you? They do. Trust me - I think about people for ages if they do something as small as smile at me just because they made me happier.

Honestly, no.

Try to be optimistic and happy with yourself. There are so many things that make your life worthy than the attention you receive from boys. Guys are sometimes very shallow when in their teenage years. Just wait until you're older - they get much more mature and learn to look past physical appearances.

Chin up and hold your head high. :wink:

So I basically have to wait until my 20s with no experience?
But almost *everyone* makes me feel worthless. Everyone gives me scathing looks and whispers about me. Sigh. :frown: Even when I find people who are nice to me, they all turn their backs on me in the end :frown:

Precisely this.
Original post by im so academic
Precisely this.

:hugs:

Personally there would at least have to be some sort of physical attraction but that doesn't mean I hate women who aren't my type looks wise, nor that I wouldn't interact with them in a friendly sense. People have different tastes so just mine wont make much difference to the whole picture.

Even people who generally speaking might not be considered attractive could still find someone although may well have to look for people who are of a similar level of attractiveness to have a better chance. The importance of personality really shouldn't be understated either. If you think more positively for a start then I could assure you that would increase attractiveness.
Reply 249
That's the point, if I'm not pretty, who will give me the chance in the first place? How can I attract guys in the first place? How can I break a deal if I don't have the deal in the first place?

Well I doubt you're as ugly as you think you are, you're probably quite attractive. So maybe you'd seem pretier with a prettier attitutde :wink:
sounds corny but there's also (mostly anecdotal in fairness) evidence to suggest people rate the people that have won their heart as more physically attractive too. Soo if you keep building your personality then it might change your entire self-image :smile:

Btw a million guys ask the same question about themselves. At the end of the day moaning or worrying about it isn't going to make you any more successful, so you might as well try and get out there anyway in the hope that not everyone is as shallow as you believe them to be.
Reply 250
The ugly and successful people were men. It's different for women.

Miss Trunchbull was pretty successful having an iron grip over the school until that pesky Matilda came in :P
I wish. :frown: Nobody notices me, and if they do it's only to notice how unattractive I am. Everyone hates me on here, and everyone hates me in RL.
I know what you mean about thinking about people for ages for something as simple as smiling at you. I'm totally like that. If someone smiles at me in RL it makes my day. But I don't think many other people are like that.

It's not just boys though, I'm scared of everyone because they judge me and laugh at my looks. Other girls make me feel like a worthless ant because I'm not pretty. Everybody is shallow and I hate the world. :frown:

You do realise on tsr nobody can see what you look like if you don't have a profile picture? Nobody is able to be shallow here...if people don't like you it's because all you ever talk about is your looks. If you were to say, create another account and not focus solely on the way you perceive your looks you'd probably make way more friends. Friendship is really nothing to do with looks, nor are many careers. No financial firm will jeopardise their future by hiring a lesser candidate, no university will refuse an ideal student over appearances, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just remember there is someone in the world right now who would gladly trade places with you. :wink:
How far do you base a woman's worth on her looks?.

On a night out I, and every other guy I know and have been out with, would base a girl on looks before approaching, because they want to pull the hot girl in front of their mates. As the night drags on with little or no luck, standards begin to slip and I/they would begin to approach less attractive girls if they seem to be interested.

BUT

That's really creepy and the guys you would meet in that situation are only looking for one thing (get in get out). If you aren't the most attractive girl, I don't think it would be the best way to meet guys, even if you are attractive tbh. Get to know them in a more chilled environment first, it'll give them a chance to get to know you a little better and have a sneaky flirt without the pressures put on him to pull the hot girls and avoid the others at all cost.
Oh really?

Honestly, no.

So I basically have to wait until my 20s with no experience?

To the first part - yes. I would definitely not say that my worth or anyone else's worth is equivalent to the attention I or they receive from guys.

Is waiting until you're in your 20s really that bad? There's so much you can enjoy in life without a guy on your side. I believe that so much that I would not even be upset if I had no experience with guys in my 40s, 50s or even by the time I die. :rolleyes:
To the first part - yes. I would definitely not say that my worth or anyone else's worth is equivalent to the attention I or they receive from guys.

Is waiting until you're in your 20s really that bad? There's so much you can enjoy in life without a guy on your side. I believe that so much that I would not even be upset if I had no experience with guys in my 40s, 50s or even by the time I die. :rolleyes:

Then you haven't had any good experiences with guys, don't try and avoids guys, that's lousy advice!
Original post by Arran.Williamson
Then you haven't had any good experiences with guys, don't try and avoids guys, that's lousy advice!

I didn't say to avoid guys - I said they usually get more mature and look past just your looks as they get older. I stick by what I said - you can't measure your worth by the amount of attention you get from guys. I don't see anything wrong with that advice. :rolleyes:
Reply 257
I don't want any of this crap like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" (total nonsense) and "there are other qualities to consider, not just beauty" (YEAH right).

Men, just give me your honest opinions when you see women. How far do you judge them on looks? Why do you hate ugly woman such as myself?

How far do you base a woman's worth on her looks?

I want honest answers.

Look, no one is going to know you've posted in this thread. Just let out what you really think. I don't want to be lied to anymore.

It is in genes of a man to judge women on looks.
We are not shallow as women by judging them on money, job, status,ect
Original post by ssxx
It is in genes of a man to judge women on looks.
We are not shallow as women by judging them on money, job, status,ect

I'm pretty sure it's more shallow to judge purely on looks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259
Original post by shadowdweller
I'm pretty sure it's more shallow to judge purely on looks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fool, no man wants an old ugly deformed woman. She will give birth to unhealthy offsprings.

Latest