The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4600
Original post by Kindred
Let's try this again and not leave it blank this time :rolleyes:

My birthday is tomorrow but my party is today so i'm kinda just shuffling my birthday over to today so I get presents and cake at my party :P

Thank you :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(technically early) happy birthday then! :cake::cake:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Definitely take the tissues. I was almost a complete emotional wreck. And I have never in my life been so attracted to Simon Pegg. And I'm gay. I was just swooning throughout the entire film and today I am mostly wearing skinny black jeans and my doc martens. The film was just so good and tragic and heartbreaking. I'm taking my little sister to see if at the weekend too :biggrin:

I read for the first time in years yesterday! It's weird how the ability to read/write/do art just disappears for us.

I thought it was really good... maybe not the likes of Shaun of the Dead but a trilogy is always hard to finish!

Spoiler

Reply 4602
Definately dropped this morning. Had nightmares all night then from the minute i've been awake i've felt like there's no floor and my mood has fell
through.

Has anyone tried st johns wort? I'm considering trying it but it's expensive.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I thought it was really good... maybe not the likes of Shaun of the Dead but a trilogy is always hard to finish!

Spoiler

The World's End spoilers:

Spoiler

Original post by ParadoxSocks
The World's End spoilers:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 4605
Original post by sunfowers01
feeling the lowest I've ever felt

What's up?

I'm here if you want to talk, on here or via PM :hugs:.

Original post by avhhs
:hugs: Things have slowly been getting worse for me and it has been over a year since I felt this impulsive :eek: How is Ramadan going? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :frown: I'm really sorry to read that :hugs:. When I was last hovering around, based on your posts, you seemed to be doing better I think?

Is there a reason why things have been getting worse? What do you mean by impulsive?

What makes you guess I'm Muslim lol :tongue:... because of my ethnicity or have I mentioned it in the past? Ramadan is going ok although I tend to feel super weak and headachy in the evening. A couple of days ago I got a migraine and it was horrid, felt like I was repeatedly being stabbed in the eye!

It's a weird time for me because it's the only time my family and I do anything remotely religious but then my rebellious brother (who can't fast for health reasons but never used to fast anyway) continues going the pub and staying out all night lol despite my mother asking him so many times to behave this month. My view is he can do what he likes... I kind of admire the freedom he has!

How's it going for you? Are you fasting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ladders
I assume you must be quite young right? Because you present yourself as helpless, getting swept along by your own thoughts with no inclination to taking responsibility for them.

You'll learn in time with the help of your therapist to identify the unhelpful ways you think and perceive the world around you, thus handing you an option to take control over how you feel.

If 21 counts as young then yeah.

Im helpless in the middle of a breakdown yes because A) i never know what sets them off B) i dont actually know why im having a breakdown and C) i cry uncontrollably with out knowing when ill stop crying. Sometimes il cry because someone said something nice to me.
In a breakdown i cant control my legs or my arms, they do what my body says not my brain. I have to be calmed down and then do something to take my mind off it all and something to focus on.

So yeah you could say i was helpless and getting swept along BUT my body doesnt do what i want in a breakdown, i dont want to not be in control. I guess its hard to explain over the internet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4607
So yesterday I managed to break my home computer. My brother updated it and ever since then the speakers don't work. He mentioned something about needing to install drivers (no idea what that is haha) so being the technical wizard that I am I thought I would do it.

Long story short I somehow managed wrongly follow advice I read online and managed to delete something I shouldn't have and when restarting the computer nothing would load. Repair, recover, safe mode were just not loading and starting Windows just got stuck on a black screen.

Another long story cut short I managed to fix it!!!! Moi, the person who has managed to break her laptop screen twice within 5 months haha.

I'm feeling proud of my achievement... although as my other brother points out, I broke it in the first place :getmecoat:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PonchoKid
If 21 counts as young then yeah.

Im helpless in the middle of a breakdown yes because A) i never know what sets them off B) i dont actually know why im having a breakdown and C) i cry uncontrollably with out knowing when ill stop crying. Sometimes il cry because someone said something nice to me.
In a breakdown i cant control my legs or my arms, they do what my body says not my brain. I have to be calmed down and then do something to take my mind off it all and something to focus on.

So yeah you could say i was helpless and getting swept along BUT my body doesnt do what i want in a breakdown, i dont want to not be in control. I guess its hard to explain over the internet

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mean you have like seizures ?
Original post by sunfowers01
I have no job and there is no point to anything. I'm here spending money that is unnecessary and feel like everyone is taking advantage of me, the stupid foreigner.

I have a job for September but what do I do in the meantime? It's not easy to go home and I'm lonely and feel worthless.

Do you have any hobbies? or even a sport
You may benefit from finding something to occupy your mind until work starts
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4610
Original post by luno

Oh no :frown: I'm really sorry to read that :hugs:. When I was last hovering around, based on your posts, you seemed to be doing better I think?

Is there a reason why things have been getting worse? What do you mean by impulsive?

What makes you guess I'm Muslim lol :tongue:... because of my ethnicity or have I mentioned it in the past? Ramadan is going ok although I tend to feel super weak and headachy in the evening. A couple of days ago I got a migraine and it was horrid, felt like I was repeatedly being stabbed in the eye!

It's a weird time for me because it's the only time my family and I do anything remotely religious but then my rebellious brother (who can't fast for health reasons but never used to fast anyway) continues going the pub and staying out all night lol despite my mother asking him so many times to behave this month. My view is he can do what he likes... I kind of admire the freedom he has!

How's it going for you? Are you fasting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought I was doing better too, but things have gone rapidly downhill since then. I'm always bored for some reason. By impulsive I mean wanting to do something bad without properly thinking it through, and not caring about the consequences.

You've mentioned it before :yep: :tongue:. That's a shame about how you are feeling :hugs:.

I think you are lucky to be in such a family :tongue: I'd love to have such a family. I suppose they fast because of a pressure to conform :rolleyes:. My family are always religious anyway so I really hate this month. Don't see why your brother has to behave, for him it is like any other month :biggrin:. Do you think the freedom he has is because he is not religious?

I'm not fasting. I don't consider myself to be a Muslim either, and as a result I really hate this month so much because everyone else is not bothered to do anything because they are fasting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take olanzapine or go to hospital. Blergh ****idy blerghh.
Original post by Ladders
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you mean you have like seizures ?

No my legs just become restless and my feet rub my legs, and my hands rub my body in a vicious manner i guess. I have to be told to use my twiddly to keep my hands busy
Like i said its very hard to explain especially not in person

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
No problem at all - happy to do so. Will crack on with it right away :penguinhug:

:smile:
Original post by kiss_me_now9

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by james1211

Has anyone tried st johns wort? I'm considering trying it but it's expensive.

Superdrug sells packs for around a fiver. Or at least it did about four years ago :yes:

Original post by luno
So yesterday I managed to break my home computer. My brother updated it and ever since then the speakers don't work. He mentioned something about needing to install drivers (no idea what that is haha) so being the technical wizard that I am I thought I would do it.

Long story short I somehow managed wrongly follow advice I read online and managed to delete something I shouldn't have and when restarting the computer nothing would load. Repair, recover, safe mode were just not loading and starting Windows just got stuck on a black screen.

Another long story cut short I managed to fix it!!!! Moi, the person who has managed to break her laptop screen twice within 5 months haha.

I'm feeling proud of my achievement... although as my other brother points out, I broke it in the first place :getmecoat:.

:console: :king1: :console:

If it's any consolation, yours truly may or may not have deleted Internet Explorer off her laptop entirely upon arriving at uni. First conversation with my to-be tutorial partner was "hello, I'm TLG. I seem to have deleted the Internet. I don't suppose you're any good with computers?" or something like that.

Wasn't the best first impression I've ever given :colondollar:
Reply 4616
Superdrug sells packs for around a fiver. Or at least it did about four years ago :yes:

:console: :king1: :console:

If it's any consolation, yours truly may or may not have deleted Internet Explorer off her laptop entirely upon arriving at uni. First conversation with my to-be tutorial partner was "hello, I'm TLG. I seem to have deleted the Internet. I don't suppose you're any good with computers?" or something like that.

Wasn't the best first impression I've ever given :colondollar:

Lmao, deleted the internet :lol:

:ninja:

Just go to Run, type iexplore.exe and press enter :yep: :biggrin:

How are you today? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4617

Hey thanks, that seems a fair price, everywhere i had previously looked has been around 8-12 quid.

Any idea if it works or not?
Feeling so useless. :sad: Can't even concentrate for long enough to copy out maths notes. :frown: What hope is there if I cant even copy stuff out, never mind actually DO the maths. :s-smilie: Just want to curl up and hide from it- there's no way I'll pass this if this keeps up. Such an idiot. :cry2:
Reply 4619
Original post by james1211
Hey thanks, that seems a fair price, everywhere i had previously looked has been around 8-12 quid.

Any idea if it works or not?

Imo if you want medication you are far better seeing your GP who will in all likelihood prescribe an SSRI (unless your specific symptoms merit a different antidepressant). The fact that St. John's Wort is a natural product does not make it safer or better than other SSRIs, and it has a very similar mechanism of action to the other SSRIs, which have *far* more scientific proof of efficacy, a far more regulated process of manufacture, and your GP will be able to inform you more about side effects and interactions - i.e. they are safer and there's more proof that they work. So it seems silly to pay more for St. John's Wort.

Latest