The Student Room Group

Who are your physics heroes?

just wanted to make a thread on this, i love physics!:smile:

anyways just out of interest, who are your physics heroes?(inventors physicists engineers you name it!)

mine is Neil Degrasse Tyson he is thee astronomical Boss!
:borat:

Stephen Hawking, also Michio Kaku, i recommend reading his books! and also not as popularly known Stephen Blundell from university of Oxford I also recommend reading his short book on superconductivity. Books are quite addictive sometimes...
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Dirac, Einstein, Feynman, Nikola Tesla.
Reply 2
Einstein, Newton, Maxwell and of course Dirac.
Does Turing cout as a physics hero
Reply 3
Original post by garfeeled
Einstein, Newton, Maxwell and of course Dirac.
Does Turing cout as a physics hero

yep! Turing is a boss!
Reply 4
Nikola Tesla
Newton , Einstein , schrodinger .
Reply 6
Einstein, Feynman, Tesla.
Reply 7
Issac Newton, Galileo Galilei, Albert Einstein. :biggrin:
Out of the ones that haven't been mentioned yet:
Bohr, Hawking, Higgs, Maxwell
Reply 9
Feynman, have you heard his voice!! :L
Physicists here will no doubt say Feynman.

Personally a great hero of mine is Carl Sagan, but he will probably be before the time of most students in this forum.
LeBron James! A physically Gifted Man!!
Reply 12
Feynman is my hero. I've read all his books and I think I have some sort of Feynman addiction.
Reply 13
Original post by Freier._.lance
Physicists here will no doubt say Feynman.

Personally a great hero of mine is Carl Sagan, but he will probably be before the time of most students in this forum.

Actually Sagan died quite recently compared to the other famous physicists. I'm sure anyone with an interest in the sciences would have heard of him.
Reply 14
Feynman, Maxwell & Penrose
Original post by Pinkhead
Actually Sagan died quite recently compared to the other famous physicists. I'm sure anyone with an interest in the sciences would have heard of him.

Absolutely. What I meant to imply was that all the other names mentioned in this thread are scientists who people are taught about in their courses. More recent scientists who are not immediately in the public sphere or whose work people have not been made aware of, are going to be almost forgotten. Until 50 years down the line the impact of their work is fully appreciated.
Original post by physics4ever
yep! Turing is a boss!

Excellent. He defo near the top
Nikola Tesla - one of the most underrated geniuses of all time. Also Richard Feynman and Einstein.
Reply 18
Feynman, Tesla, Maxwell and Newton (even though he was a dick)
Original post by saraw26
Sheldon Cooper :wink:

he is one of my heroes too haha!

Quick Reply

Latest