The Student Room Group

What clues do girls give?

Obviously not every girl (I know this forum has an issue with generalising :biggrin:)

Anywho, I'd give myself about a 7-8 in the looks department and I try to hold myself well. But I never notice girls looking at me or giving any of the obvious hints that I hear they're meant to give. Even girls that i'm above on the scale don't glance at me.
So what hints would you give, if any, to a guy you thought was hot on the train/in a club/anywhere etc?

I can't help but feel like whenever I read these tips on women, these women are based in America. London girls (there's me generalising again) seem very offish and very closed to being approached...what do you think?

Please refrain from a witchhunt of anonymous me. It's just a waste of.....ah who am i kidding, let the witch hunt begin.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It must be so hard for a girl to meet another girl. I have no idea how you'd imply that you like her and that you like girls, not men. Oh wait, dating sites/apps if you're into that kinda thing.
How do girls give hint to guys? Well they tend to stare a lot more than other girls, they tend to talk a lot more to you as well. And laugh at your jokes more etc :biggrin:

Either that or they are just really friendly and you might get the wrong impression, so be wary!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'd give myself about a 7-8 in the looks department and I try to hold myself well. But I never notice girls looking at me or giving any of the obvious hints that I hear they're meant to give. Even girls that i'm above on the scale don't glance at me.
So what hints would you give, if any, to a guy you thought was hot on the train/in a club/anywhere etc?

I believe I may have found the problem. :holmes:
Reply 4
Mitsukino, you caught me red handed. I couldn't help myself but put those points in. Thought i'd add some fuel to the fire.

Let's just be objective here. What clues do girls give to guys they find are hot? Obviously they can giggle when a Brad Pitt walks past but are they just reserved for the 10's and not the 7s and 8s? Obviously girls don't pursue as much so they reserve their hints.
Not being harsh mate, but... do girls really rate your looks as highly as you rate them? If they're not even looking at you, you might not actually be a 7-8, sorry to be the bearer of bad news buddy.
Reply 6
You could be right Woody. I don't think i'm particularly handsome.

But I have a pretty good track record with gorgeous girls so maybe that's just my cracking personality. They must think i'm decent looking.
Reply 7
Original post by Serenade
It must be so hard for a girl to meet another girl. I have no idea how you'd imply that you like her and that you like girls, not men. Oh wait, dating sites/apps if you're into that kinda thing.

The lesbian 'look'? Basically, a girl looking at you and giving off overly friendly vibes. My lesbian radar is quite good now.
Reply 8
Ok i'm just going to nip the witch hunt in the bud.

All that advice that everyone gives when somebody posts 'how can i be more attractive?' like go to the gym, buy nice clothes, get good style, get a good haircut, I already do. (Not to chase girls I should add, just my lifestyle). I honestly don't think i'm particularly handsome. Quite average up there actually. Look good with stubble though. As a whole package (my body's actually very good), i believe i'm a 7-8. Unless you tell me otherwise that body and style don't matter and its all about face then i'll retract that to a 6. Wow getting a bit analytical right now. Pathetic, I know.

But IGNORING ALL THAT. Girls, do you give guys in general hints, either intentionally or unintentionally? Guys, do you ever get them?

If they happen, then so be it. I just don't even notice them as nobody's probably giving them to me. I'm just trying to find out if they happen or not or all these books and tips talking about reading women are just a money making farce.
Reply 9
say hi and ask them how they doing then you'll have an idea, they either talk, go all shy, or look disgusted that you dared ever disturb their bubble. The first two are good signs, the last one not so good.
Reply 10
Mitsukino, you caught me red handed. I couldn't help myself but put those points in. Thought i'd add some fuel to the fire.

Let's just be objective here. What clues do girls give to guys they find are hot? Obviously they can giggle when a Brad Pitt walks past but are they just reserved for the 10's and not the 7s and 8s? Obviously girls don't pursue as much so they reserve their hints.

Personally, I naturally assumed you meant 7/8 out of 100.
Reply 11
If we assume that you are in fact a reasonably attractive guy then may I suggest your problem may be that you're hanging out in the wrong places.

You need to find bars where the quality of men aint very high.

Also bear in mind that at weekends competition to attract female attention is fierce and women can afford to be picky.

Most women don't like to make their signals too obvious so I think you may well have missed a few in your time.

Are you often alone or with a group?

You are more likely to be 'signalled'if you're alone in my experience.

Are you reasonably tall?

If so,this is a bit of a mystery,to be sure:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Ace Ten, was that a joke or an insult? Seriously, that's so ambiguous I can't work it out.

Subatomic, do guys actually ever approach during the day though? I have literally NEVER seen it happen with my own eyes. I only approach at clubs, my friends do and obviously others do too. I can see why girls find it pathetic that guys have to be a bit tipsy and some steaming drunk to be man enough to approach. Can't help but feel like, the man who transcends clubs and approaches during the day has found the holy grail. But do many guys actually do this? In london?

Moggis, I'm six foot!

I'd never go 'out out' alone so I'd always be with a group of lads. We normally hang out in cool east london clubs. I'll be honest, there's certainly a few good looking lads around. So is it fair to say, that relatively to them I don't look too appealing anymore? Obviously the opposite is true for guys checking out girls as well.

So which bars do the low quality men hang out? Find me one where all the girls are 10s and all the guys 3s please and i'm there :biggrin:

Anywho, I'd give myself about a 7-8 in the looks department and I try to hold myself well.

Just never use that 'word' around anyone and you may get more female attention.
Subatomic, do guys actually ever approach during the day though? I have literally NEVER seen it happen with my own eyes. I only approach at clubs, my friends do and obviously others do too. I can see why girls find it pathetic that guys have to be a bit tipsy and some steaming drunk to be man enough to approach. Can't help but feel like, the man who transcends clubs and approaches during the day has found the holy grail. But do many guys actually do this? In london?

Yeah, if you got the balls then why not, it is simply having a conversation with another human at the end of the day, if they get all offended by a simple hi how are you then they are the one with the problem. And women and men alike would benefit more from meeting people during day to day routine as that is the real them not some fake plastered in make up beer goggled peeps. Pubs and clubs are probably some of the worst places to meet that wifey material, unless of course you are into clubbing and drinking then they would be the perfect places, do you get me?

link
Reply 15
Original post by yepyepyep
Just never use that 'word' around anyone and you may get more female attention.

Thanks Casanova. Got anything constructive to add?
Thanks Casanova. Got anything constructive to add?

You might not be able to see it now, but trust me, that most certainly was constructive.
So which bars do the low quality men hang out? Find me one where all the girls are 10s and all the guys 3s please and i'm there :biggrin:

Get out of this stupid ****ing mindset for starters! Relationships are not like equations where everything can be calculated with numbers and ratings, nor are they about finding magical places where there are endless supplies of 'quality' girls with nobody chasing after them.

Everywhere you go you will find a mix of people you find attractive and people you don't. At some point you will find someone with whom you have a very natural way of behaving and with whom you find you can talk about anything with and hopefully they'll be cute as well. But please please stop over-thinking the whole dating and relationships thing.. once a girl finds out that your mind works in that way she'll be massively turned off.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yepyepyep
You might not be able to see it now, but trust me, that most certainly was constructive.

I think if the convo was coming to an end the best thing to say would be 'anywho one would like coitus with one' #awks

OP you need to lose the rating system, it is very negative, the system is would 'love' wouldn't 'love', no need for offensive numbers systems. The number system seems a very bitchy thing, think it belongs to bitches and lad culture types. And if you are a lad culture type then I'd rather not offer any help :ahee:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SubAtomic
I think if the convo was coming to an end the best thing to say would be 'anywho one would like coitus with one' #awks

And you need to lose the rating system, it is very negative, the system is would 'love' wouldn't 'love', no need for offensive numbers systems. The number system seems a very bitchy thing, think it belongs to bitches and lad culture types.

Such a sentence would certainly get me into bed.
I assume the point about the rating system is aimed at someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending