The Student Room Group

Looks or Intelligence?

Hey people,
Looks or smartness - which one would you choose to have in life and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's assuming one is not already intellectually and physically gifted :wink:
Reply 2
They aren't mutually exclusive!

But I'd probably pick intelligence, it can get you further in life tbh. But saying that, I don't know if I could handle looking like a foot, even with an IQ of 2738281 :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Squirb
They aren't mutually exclusive!

But I'd probably pick intelligence, it can get you further in life tbh. But saying that, I don't know if I could handle looking like a foot, even with an IQ of 2738281 :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assuming that in giving up 'looks', you'll just look pretty average. I would say intelligence on the basis that an intelligent person would be capable of improving their looks without surgery, whereas a pretty person can't really become that much more intelligent.
Reply 4
Beauty fades, dumb is forever - Judge Judy
Reply 5
Intelligence, so I can use it to make lots of money which I could use to afford cosmetic surgeries.
Intelligence, however as someone said, they aren't mutually exclusive. Frankly, I wouldn't date someone who only had one or the other. I need someone who I find physically attractive as well as someone with whom I can have an intelligent conversation.
Reply 7
Intelligence. If you make money, people will still be following regardless of your looks.
Reply 8
Intelligence. Not so that I can make money and get plastic surgeries, why should we strive to look "beautiful"? I think intelligence should be used with the intention of making this world a better, cleaner place.

But then again, isn't it the intelligent people who modernized (hence polluted) the world? :confused:
Looks.
i would rather have a longer attention-span.
Intelligence! :smile:
Its not my problem if people don't find me "hot" or "sexy". Make up can be wiped off with tissue anyway.
Reply 12
Intelligence, a good body and nice face can only get you so far if your conversation is anywhere along the lines of "fifa?" "yuh" "k"
Intelligence and a nice personality :h:
Intelligence.

I think having a beautiful personality can make you seem more attractive physically than you might otherwise appear on first meeting because someone's personality kinda changes how you view them whereas you either have intelligence or you don't and no amount of getting to know someone will change how clever they are.

Also, there's not much someone can do about their looks but intelligence can be worked on so it's a better thing to judge someone on.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Looks.
You don't need to be intelligent to be successful in life.. look at Rihanna.
Reply 16
Looks. :colone:
Original post by Rlove95
Looks.
You don't need to be intelligent to be successful in life.. look at Rihanna.

Lol Lol Lol Lol :biggrin:
Well im not like in mensa or anything we need to talk about something, so intelligence I guess, but not so they're like Sheldon cooper, they need to have personality most of all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
intelligence because looks can fade away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending