The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Load of *******s that. Wenger was apparently inconsolable after Cesc left and he'd drop Arteta/Ramsey like a shot to bring him back. And too expensive? Our buy back clause is about 15% of our cash reserves.

Just find it unbelievable that Utd fans are still discussing getting Cesc when I can see no indication whatsoever that he'd join other than the fact Moyes has bid for him...

Why are you explaining that to me? Its your fan that said that, check out the Arsenal tread if you don't believe me.

You don't need to get so protective about fans thinking his gonna come here. Its a tread cause were meant to talk about anything related to Manchester United. Be it gossip or it actually happening. Every club does it even Arsenal Suarez ring a bell? If you don't want to read about it then you shouldn't have come on this tread.
Original post by Zürich
Load of *******s that. Wenger was apparently inconsolable after Cesc left and he'd drop Arteta/Ramsey like a shot to bring him back. And too expensive? Our buy back clause is about 15% of our cash reserves.

Just find it unbelievable that Utd fans are still discussing getting Cesc when I can see no indication whatsoever that he'd join other than the fact Moyes has bid for him...

It's silly season, the Arsenal thread is no different to this one. And these cash reserves that you love to talk about continually have been sat in Arsenals bank account for years and years without ever being touched.
Original post by poiuytrewq54321
Why are you explaining that to me? Its your fan that said that, check out the Arsenal tread if you don't believe me.

You don't need to get so protective about fans thinking his gonna come here. Its a tread cause were meant to talk about anything related to Manchester United. Be it gossip or it actually happening. Every club does it even Arsenal Suarez ring a bell? If you don't want to read about it then you shouldn't have come on this tread.

Fair enough. But was on here a week ago and people were convincing themselves that Cesc would join despite all Ive said and just got back from Holiday, and low and behold the same delusional stuff. I know every club is guilty of that, but still.
Original post by Zürich
Mate, the facts are that Utd are not going to win the title in the near future with Moyes. Why would Cesc sign up for that when he's got potential CLs at Barca? He never liked Man Utd and I doubt he wants to fight it out for 3rd with you lot tbh. Also, he has said he wants to stay at Barca. What part of that do you lot not get?

The fact is he considers Wenger to be like a father and he knows most of the Arsenal squad. He still attends Arsenal matches ffs. He loves London and his sis lives here. He's always said that he'd only play for Arsenal in the EPL and I consider Cesc to be a man of integrity, he wouldnt be getting a huge pay off live RVP did either.

Arsenal have first refusal on Fabregas. This is a fact. If Barca accept a bid, then its with Arsenal that they'll be negotiating first.

Bla Bla Bla, don't really care about your rambling about our title chances, try sticking to the actual points.

Your ignorance is proven by your lack of knowledge about the first refusal clause. This is embarrassing for someone who feels the need to bring it up.

Arsenal only have first refusal at all if Cesc says he wants the Arsenal move, and that would be at £25m, if other clubs are offering more Barca don't have to sell to Arsenal through that clause.
Original post by Cable
Hey guys. What do you think of Moyes' appointment? And what do you expect of Man Utd under his management next season?

Expect a third place finish and getting out of the CL group (then it depends on who we meet) at absolute minimum. We should mount a half decent title challenge, don't expect us to win it.
I don't think it's delusional, based on what Sky Sports News have told us. I'm more inclined to believe them over some 'ITK' on Twitter.

I don't think it will happen, but based on what we've been told, it's not delusional to have some hope.

Original post by Cable
Hey guys. What do you think of Moyes' appointment? And what do you expect of Man Utd under his management next season?

Not my first choice, but if Sir Alex thinks he can do this job, then so be it. I thought we would look to appoint somebody with top level club experience. I don't expect much from United this season. There hasn't been this much change within the club for over 20 years. Probably 3rd in the league. 2nd at a push. Nowhere in the CL. Our squad isn't good enough to get far in that competition. Hopefully a nice cup run.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

Your buyout clause if 50% above what you sold him to Barca for. Strange.. How a figure likely less than £5m is 15% of your cash reserves.. Right? Again, stop talking about points you literally have no idea about.
I don't see why people are talking just about Moyes, you'd would have be verging on retarded to think after 20+ years of SAF, Moyes is now able to swan into the club and just direct completely at will with no explanation or justification for his targets. Moyes may be selecting targets but the club, people like Woodward who haven't just rocked up, will have to agree before he can just throw £30m about.

His recent press conference said:

“I couldn’t tell you exactly where we are with that [Fabregas]. I am in contact with the chief executive, who has been dealing with it just now. Hopefully, I’ll know a bit more in the next day.”

So Woodward has flown back for that purpose in part at least. Its strange on seemingly doesn't make sense, but the fact United are still chasing it, and despite shooting it down in public Barca didn't or haven't shot it down in the way that matters by rejecting the bid, makes the narrative all this is driven by Moyes firing into the dark is just as senseless. **** knows if he will actually join, but unless all the major staff at United have lost their minds in the space of a few weeks, there must be something that is convincing them United stand a chance. The size of the offer also suggest something, a blind bid would surely need to be well above any valuation not close or below. The only thing I can think of is Barca lining up a more important deal, perhaps Thiago Silva. That would explain why they play down the deal quickly in public yet leave the offer on the table.
Original post by Zürich
Fair enough. But was on here a week ago and people were convincing themselves that Cesc would join despite all Ive said and just got back from Holiday, and low and behold the same delusional stuff. I know every club is guilty of that, but still.

Actually everyones just started talking about it today cause of the bid before that it has been quiet (on the Fabregas matter).
Original post by Tommyjw
Bla Bla Bla, don't really care about your rambling about our title chances, try sticking to the actual points.

Your ignorance is proven by your lack of knowledge about the first refusal clause. This is embarrassing for someone who feels the need to bring it up.

Arsenal only have first refusal at all if Cesc says he wants the Arsenal move, and that would be at £25m, if other clubs are offering more Barca don't have to sell to Arsenal through that clause.

So hang on, the fact that Utd are way off the pace for the title is irrelevant for Cesc joining yeah? By your arguement, Cesc could get over his aversion to Utd with promises of a title, but actually Moyes cant promise him ****.

Barca said he's not for sale, Cesc said he doesn't want to leave, Wenger said he's staying. But hey! Clearly he must be leaving to join Utd.

Wenger is in touch with Cesc regularly and said last week that Utd were 'wasting their time' .

And the first refusal clause is not perfectly clear. There are about 10 different versions of it being quoted. What is clear is that Arsenal spent weeks negotiating it so I reckon its a worthwhile clause. And even if Cesc has to state a preference for AFC, given his friendship with various Arsenal players, his sister being in London, his love of London, his statements that he's 'only play for Arsenal' and the fact that Utd are as far away from the title as Arsenal are, indicates to me that he wouldnt have to think twice about joining AFC over Utd.
(edited 10 years ago)
Tommyjw vs Zurich arguments are my favourite
Original post by Zürich
So hang on, the fact that Utd are way off the pace for the title is irrelevant for Cesc joining yeah? By your arguement, Cesc could get over his aversion to Utd with promises of a title, but actually Moyes cant promise him ****.

Barca said he's not for sale, Cesc said he doesn't want to leave, Wenger said he's staying. But hey! Clearly he must be leaving to join Utd.

Wenger is in touch with Cesc regularly and said last week that Utd were 'wasting their time' .

And the first refusal clause is not perfectly clear. There are about 10 different versions of it being quoted. What is clear is that Arsenal spent weeks negotiating it so I reckon its a worthwhile clause. And even if Cesc has to state a preference for AFC, given his friendship with various Arsenal players, his sister being in London, his love of London, his statements that he's 'only play for Arsenal' and the fact that Utd are as far away from the title as Arsenal are, indicates to me that he wouldnt have to think twice about joining AFC over Utd.

United are as far away from the title as Arsenal?

You really are just embarrassing yourself, go cry elsewhere.
Original post by Tommyjw
United are as far away from the title as Arsenal?

You really are just embarrassing yourself, go cry elsewhere.

Again, what exactly is the attraction of Fabregas to Utd, even ignoring everything else? Utd wont win the title this season and definitely wont win the CL.

What exactly is Moyes' pitch to Cesc? :rolleyes:
Reply 7013
Original post by Zürich
Again, what exactly is the attraction of Fabregas to Utd, even ignoring everything else? Utd wont win the title this season and definitely wont win the CL.

Joining the best club in England maybe?
Zurich are you disappointed with the little transfer activity thats happening at Arsenal. So you came on the United thread to rant about the Fabregas situation! Or maybe your heart was broken when you saw that Wenger said '.......we are not close to signing anybody....', after you came back from your holiday.
Original post by Zürich

Why didn't you reply about the clause? I thought you knew about it all? Why no comment on your lack of knowledge about it?

Shouldn't you focus more on how exciting the fourth place trophy is so you can make a PowerPoint to show Cesc why he should come back there? I mean, your view is that he would prefer Arsenal and it's fight just to get CL football, right? Maybe you should go through the history books and start working on some slide designs and animations for when you hand it over to your Arsenal contact. I assume you have a contact.. You must do with your insistence that you know more than Manchester United Football Club about clauses, likelihoods, prices etc.. Right?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

When you say Utd, are you talking about Newcastle United? Because the Manchester United I know are more than capable of winning the title, and contenders for the CL.
Lmao, shocking counterarguments by Tommy. 2-0 to Zurich.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
and the fact that Utd are as far away from the title as Arsenal are

The PL champions are as far away from the title as a team who hasn't won anything for 8 years and just about managed to scrape 4th place by a point on the last day of the season? Delusion at its finest.
Original post by CB91
Lmao, shocking counterarguments by Tommy. 2-0 to Zurich.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:

Latest