The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone listening to the prom on BBC radio 3 tonight? I am.:tongue:
Original post by Maid Marian

I would except I'm at a party.
I love it if Colin Morgan became the Doctor, actually. I'd rather we waited til he was a bit older though.

I love you for saying Colin Morgan. He would be PERFECT. But there was an interview after he was in that one episode and he said he wasn't interested :,(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AreWeSuchStuff
I love you for saying Colin Morgan. He would be PERFECT. But there was an interview after he was in that one episode and he said he wasn't interested :,(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw. Well who knows, maybe if he gets offered the part in the future he might take it. I honestly think he'd be brilliant!

I did! It was a bit lame not being able to see it though. They'd all start cheering and I'd wonder what was happening :redface:

It was funny when Matt was like 'you've only got another 4 months till you find out who the next the Doctor is!' I can just imagine angry whovians everywhere shaking their fists! :lol:
Original post by montstar
I did! It was a bit lame not being able to see it though. They'd all start cheering and I'd wonder what was happening :redface:

It was funny when Matt was like 'you've only got another 4 months till you find out who the next the Doctor is!' I can just imagine angry whovians everywhere shaking their fists! :lol:

Yay! :smile: Yeah, it was SO frustrating not being able to see! But apart from that, it was great.

Haha, remember the bit when one of them said something like "and the new Doctor is........ John Hurt!". :biggrin: I think everybody thought they were gonna announce the new Doctor then :biggrin:

Oh, and Peter Davison and the woman who played the Doctor's granddaughter were there as well :smile:
My sister's summary of how River Song came to be: "Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey rumpy-pumpy"

:rofl:
Why didn't they show it on TV? It must have been one of the most popular proms of the season - I listened to it on the radio trying to imagine everything l:frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ChocolateMelody
Why didn't they show it on TV? It must have been one of the most popular proms of the season - I listened to it on the radio trying to imagine everything l:frown:

They filmed it and it will be shown sometime around the 50th anniversary.

There are a few clips online courtesy of the BBC. I have to admit, this video made me shiver, it's absolutely wonderful.

[video="youtube;JmWPKg5_CIg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmWPKg5_CIg[/video]
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
There are a few clips online courtesy of the BBC. I have to admit, this video made me shiver, it's absolutely wonderful.

[video="youtube;JmWPKg5_CIg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmWPKg5_CIg[/video]

Thank you for posting - didnt know they had done that!!!! Brilliant music - can't wait for the real thing to come on TV :smile:
Thank you for posting - didnt know they had done that!!!! Brilliant music - can't wait for the real thing to come on TV :smile:

They've also got the main theme on there and Matt Smith being adorkable.

Me too, if they have it like last time and pay tribute to the previous incarnations my jaw may just lock in place through smiling :colondollar:
Hi!!! Can I ask, is ANYONE going to the Doctor Who convention in London in November??? So excited!!! Also, just wondered if anyone would possibly like to trade my family ticket to go there for 2 single tickets? If it's possible, don't know if the name is printed on it already though...
Thanks!
Reply 1773
What has Karen Gillan done to herself :lolwut: Her hair and legs were her defining features, she just looks odd now :sad:

Poor Karen :sad:

Original post by The Rusty Spork
What has Karen Gillan done to herself :lolwut: Her hair and legs were her defining features, she just looks odd now :sad:

Poor Karen :sad:

It's for a part. And maybe she wanted to be seen as Karen Gillan instead of Amy Pond?
Reply 1775
Original post by Feefifofum
It's for a part. And maybe she wanted to be seen as Karen Gillan instead of Amy Pond?

I know it's for a part. She could have easily just used make up etc to achieve the look rather than ruining her hair which will take ages to grow back :sad:

Her hair wasn't Amy Pond either, it was her hairstyle before the role.
She's still stunning, with or without the hair.

But I wish she hadn't done it, she had such gorgeous red hair :frown:
Original post by The Rusty Spork
I know it's for a part. She could have easily just used make up etc to achieve the look rather than ruining her hair which will take ages to grow back :sad:

Her hair wasn't Amy Pond either, it was her hairstyle before the role.

Well yeah her hair had been like that, but no one knew who she was. She's famous for being Amy Pond and the hair was a big part of that. Now, bald, she's definitely not Amy any more, but completely Karen. I'm not saying I like it, just that I can see why she wouldn't want to be defined as one part forever...
She's still stunning, with or without the hair.

But I wish she hadn't done it, she had such gorgeous red hair :frown:

It seems to be a thing with ex cast shaving their heads at the moment, she must have liked what Matt had done.

Anyone know what film Karen is doing then out of curiosity? I know Matt shaved to play a bully in the Ryan Gosling film.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1779
Original post by jbroderick
It seems to be a thing with ex cast shaving their heads at the moment, she must have liked what Matt had done.

Anyone know what film Karen is doing then out of curiosity? I know Matt shaved to play a bully in the Ryan Gosling film.

Posted from TSR Mobile

She shaved it to play Nebula, which judging by the drawings of Nebula, I don't really understand why :dontknow:

Edit:

She must be playing this version :sigh:

(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending