The Student Room Group

What clues do girls give?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ScarlettDangerfield
Get out of this stupid ****ing mindset for starters! Relationships are not like equations where everything can be calculated with numbers and ratings, nor are they about finding magical places where there are endless supplies of 'quality' girls with nobody chasing after them.

Everywhere you go you will find a mix of people you find attractive and people you don't. At some point you will find someone with whom you have a very natural way of behaving and with whom you find you can talk about anything with and hopefully they'll be cute as well. But please please stop over-thinking the whole dating and relationships thing.. once a girl finds out that your mind works in that way she'll be massively turned off.

Chill out. I'm on a forum - I can only write with logic and not emotion. In all fairness, I'm early 20's, I haven't met a girl I like in a year and I'd like to take a proactive approach before i'm 35 and have to settle. That doesn't mean i'm desperate, it means i'd like to start hanging out in better places. Really not a fan of the whole go with the flow and your Cinderella will come out of nowhere approach. If it seems broken, then fix it.

ANYWHO. This has sidetracked to me personally.

In general, do women give hints? Do women in London give hints? I'm guessing you think it's a yes?
Original post by yepyepyep
Such a sentence would certainly get me into bed.
I assume the point about the rating system is aimed at someone else.

Yes edited, t'was an occasion where to assume didn't make an ass out of u and me!
Usually when girls are interested they just take their panties off and spread their legs! Women are easy and are ready to be dominated by men!!!
Reply 23
Original post by SubAtomic
I think if the convo was coming to an end the best thing to say would be 'anywho one would like coitus with one' #awks

OP you need to lose the rating system, it is very negative, the system is would 'love' wouldn't 'love', no need for offensive numbers systems. The number system seems a very bitchy thing, think it belongs to bitches and lad culture types.

I've just demoted you from a 10 to a 7 sub atomic.

Ha seriously, I don't tend to use it in real life. Just gets the point across quickly.
Yes edited, t'was an occasion where to assume didn't make an ass out of u and me!

...That's an unusual phrase.
Reply 25
So far from a 'lad culture' it's astounding.
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
In general, do women give hints? Do women in London give hints? I'm guessing you think it's a yes?

I'm in London and I don't like being approached by men outside of clubs and bars where I expect that sort of behaviour. London's a big place and I'm happy meeting guys/friends through uni, friends or other activities and I don't want someone trying to pick me up while waiting for the bus or while having a coffee by myself. I don't care how attractive the guy is.

Where have you tried meeting girls?
Reply 27
Original post by Chewyy
I'm in London and I don't like being approached by men outside of clubs and bars where I expect that sort of behaviour. London's a big place and I'm happy meeting guys/friends through uni, friends or other activities and I don't want someone trying to pick me up while waiting for the bus or while having a coffee by myself. I don't care how attractive the guy is.

I've always thought the way you've thought tbh. Don't really want to interrupt somebody, but I guess that's my loss overall.

Only really clubs. As I said earlier, I do have a history of girls who I considered very beautiful but I met ALL of them at school, university, through friends etc. Since I broke up with my ex, it's dried up massively. My club game is poor and to be honest I hate the dynamic of it all and it feels a tad pathetic. I'm really skeptical about finding the right girl there.

To be honest, I'm going travelling for a year in a few months so this isn't really about self help for me. Just a good discussion nonetheless.
I've just demoted you from a 10 to a 7 sub atomic.

Ha seriously, I don't tend to use it in real life. Just gets the point across quickly.

Fair enough, they are a waste of time though because it is all subjective, your hot spice would maybe be my leave it!

I also do not like it because I have to punish myself if I find myself using it, product of environment and all that.

And in the above post you say you've always thought the same way as a girl, not good!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by ScarlettDangerfield
Get out of this stupid ****ing mindset for starters! Relationships are not like equations where everything can be calculated with numbers and ratings, nor are they about finding magical places where there are endless supplies of 'quality' girls with nobody chasing after them.

Everywhere you go you will find a mix of people you find attractive and people you don't. At some point you will find someone with whom you have a very natural way of behaving and with whom you find you can talk about anything with and hopefully they'll be cute as well. But please please stop over-thinking the whole dating and relationships thing.. once a girl finds out that your mind works in that way she'll be massively turned off.

I once discovered a bar right in the middle of London-yes LONDON which changed my life due to how easy it was to pull.Up until then I was still shy due to being unattractive in my teens til 18.

Somehow,to cut a long story short,the word had got around female Scandinavians and Dutch women and also US air stewardesses as well,lol and a few Englishwomen that this was the best pick-up place in London,lol.

I ,on the other hand,had no idea about this.Not only that but nor did any Englishmen.Half the men in there couldn't even speak English at all well and most of the rest were essentially tourists.

The first time I went there I was showing my Spanish cousin the sights of London and we were in Covent Garden.

This bar is in the middle of Covent Garden and Id been there many times by day.
Anyway its a small cellar bar with excellent music(then) and it was absolutely packed.

I left my cousin and joined the throng at the bar to get a drink.

And by the time I came back I knew I was in heaven.

I had one phone number already and had flirted with 2 other women just while trying to get served!!

This must be what its like to be in a gay bar I thought:smile:

I enjoyed myself so much that the next night I left my cousin at home and went on my own.

I went there every day for 2 and a half years and in the first year I was at least kissing someone at the end every night.

To this day I still have love letters from women from Denmark,Norway ,Sweden,Finland and the USA from those days.Recently I sadly decided to only keep the few that meant the most to me.

Every time I pass that bar my heart skips a beat.

NOW,with all due respect to you,its very easy for a woman to play down the importance of going to the right place.

Its actually really really tough out there for men due to advertising now picking on them, as it did with women for many years, and women becoming pickier.Because they are.

I learnt a valuable lesson from this bar.

Finding the right places to go is more than half the battle.

Going to bars where there are many good-looking men is downright stupid if you're male. No question about it.

Research has shown that if a woman is faced with a choice of men that are lower than her normal standards she will in fact tend to temporarily lower her standards for that night.

In any major town there are bars where its easier to stand out.

If you're not prepared to experiment and find them then you will lose out.

Of course if the OP is merely looking for a girlfriend well then it doesn't matter quite so much.

(nb No bar remains a good place to go for more than 2 years -most are only worth going to for a few months.)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Chewyy

I once picked up a gorgeous girl on a tube train by doing something very unusual with a large bloomer:smile:

She later informed when we were on a date that she just had to say yes to any man who could do that.
Reply 31
Original post by moggis
I once discovered a bar right in the middle of London-yes LONDON which changed my life due to how easy it was to pull.Up until then I was still shy due to being unattractive in my teens til 18.

Somehow,to cut a long story short,the word had got around female Scandinavians and Dutch women and also US air stewardesses as well,lol and a few Englishwomen that this was the best pick-up place in London,lol.

I ,on the other hand,had no idea about this.Not only that but nor did any Englishmen.Half the men in there couldn't even speak English at all well and most of the rest were essentially tourists.

The first time I went there I was showing my Spanish cousin the sights of London and we were in Covent Garden.

This bar is in the middle of Covent Garden and Id been there many times by day.
Anyway its a small cellar bar with excellent music(then) and it was absolutely packed.

I left my cousin and joined the throng at the bar to get a drink.

And by the time I came back I knew I was in heaven.

I had one phone number already and had flirted with 2 other women just while trying to get served!!

This must be what its like to be in a gay bar I thought:smile:

I enjoyed myself so much that the next night I left my cousin at home and went on my own.

I went there every day for 2 and a half years and in the first year I was at least kissing someone at the end every night.

To this day I still have love letters from women from Denmark,Norway ,Sweden,Finland and the USA from those days.Recently I sadly decided to only keep the few that meant the most to me.

Every time I pass that bar my heart skips a beat.

NOW,with all due respect to you,its very easy for a woman to play down the importance of going to the right place.

Its actually really really tough out there for men due to advertising now picking on them, as it did with women for many years, and women becoming pickier.Because they are.

I learnt a valuable lesson from this bar.

Finding the right places to go is more than half the battle.

Going to bars where there are many good-looking men is downright stupid if you're male. No question about it.

Research has shown that if a woman is faced with a choice of men that are lower than her normal standards she will in fact tend to temporarily lower her standards for that night.

In any major town there are bars where its easier to stand out.

If you're not prepared to experiment and find them then you will lose out.

Of course if the OP is merely looking for a girlfriend well then it doesn't matter quite so much.

(nb No bar remains a good place to go for more than 2 years -most are only worth going to for a few months.)

Love that story mate. Sounds like heaven.

I'm certainly not looking for a girlfriend. I'm not really looking for anything in particular. If I meet a girl and I just want to sleep with her then fine. If I meet a girl I really like and I want to get more serious then i'm open to that too.

I've actually been to a gay bar once (accompanied a gay friend) and the one I went to is very sexually liberal as you'd imagine. Got approached quite a few times and the guys never felt ashamed about approaching and being open about their sexuality.
With my experience, when chatting up girls, you need to keep your sexual agenda almost secret. Anyways, sidetracked again.

I noticed a lot of the girls you mentioned aren't english. So what do you think of english girls in London? Very closed to being approached and their body language shows it?

Disclaimer: Not ALL english London girls obviously, but London in general is a very busy individualistic city, hence it makes sense that people don't want to be interrupted or intruded on.
Reply 32
Yeah, if you got the balls then why not, it is simply having a conversation with another human at the end of the day, if they get all offended by a simple hi how are you then they are the one with the problem. And women and men alike would benefit more from meeting people during day to day routine as that is the real them not some fake plastered in make up beer goggled peeps. Pubs and clubs are probably some of the worst places to meet that wifey material, unless of course you are into clubbing and drinking then they would be the perfect places, do you get me?

link

Just checked out your link man. Good stuff in there, but again I noticed that all the women he spoke to aren't english and weren't brought up in London.

I definitely agree that people would benefit from meeting people on their daily routine. When bars/clubs are the only gathering place to meet people and everybody is plastered or has their 'cool face', it's hard to meet genuine people. On top of that, I'm sure a lot of great girls don't like boozing that much and go under the radar.
Just checked out your link man. Good stuff in there, but again I noticed that all the women he spoke to aren't English and weren't brought up in London.

Lol, what does that tell you? It's trial and error anyway, I cannot do any of what I am suggesting at the min, cultivating cojones, but if I could take the advice I give life would be so much better. Ha.

I definitely agree that people would benefit from meeting people on their daily routine. When bars/clubs are the only gathering place to meet people and everybody is plastered or has their 'cool face', it's hard to meet genuine people. On top of that, I'm sure a lot of great girls don't like boozing that much and go under the radar.

I would say more great girls than not do not enjoy boozing, you'll just have to find them because they most certainly will go under the radar, art exhibitions, libraries, anywhere you are interested in going for something other than the girls but in the hope that there will be a good ratio. Surely in a five minute conversation you can tell if you'd get on with someone, then after that initial convo you can find out if interests and all the rest match up, which you could do in the street, I do not see why it is such a big deal really.

Quick Reply

Latest