Zimmerman is 5'7 Trayvon was 6'1

Yes but weight has more of an effect than height

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LordBradburn
Trayvon was 6'1

Not according to his autopsy report.
Original post by Zimmermanisahero
Is there any proof that Zimmerman approached Trayvon or even followed him after he was told by the dispatcher that he didn't need to follow him.

???? Errr....yeah....he killed him?? And judging from the ballistics and post-mortem report it happened at close range?? Also, the dispatcher tells him to stand down over the radio. ??? Not sure what you're trying to prove, but hope this answers questions.
(edited 10 years ago)
It was a Zimmerman's who had a wet back

So now you are using racial slurs against Zimmerman. I thought you were on his side?
Reply 64
Look the fact is the witness saw Trayvon mounted on top of Zimmerman mma style. The fact is Zimmerman was the one with the injuries. It was a Zimmerman's who had a wet back clearly from where he was on his back.

I understand but Zimmerman could have avoided the situation all together if he had listened to the police's advice to take care of his suspicions themselves. In Trayvon's defence he was undertaking the 'stand your guard rule'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
Brave of him to speak. Applaud it. And oh yh, you Zimmerman lovers that are hating on obama for speaking out, the spokesman for Zimmerman also thanks Obama for speaking. Imagine that.

It is completely irresponsible for him to heighten race tensions in this way.

Zimmerman was found not guilty, Obama initially said people should accept the verdict. Making bizarre "I could have been Trayvon 35 years ago" statements are certainly not going to help race relations. Presidents should not be dividing the country in a harmful way with their comments.
Original post by TheTranshumanist
So you began by making a sweeping generalisation of all "blacks", now you're saying that it's just the vocal ones? You do realise that the vocal ones don't necessarily represent the majority, right?

If you want examples of "vocal" black people who supported the verdict, I can find them.

Tell me what I've said that isn't true. Black people are rioting throughout the US.

You only use the word 'generalization' whenever we speak of black people anyway. Which just conforms you cannot handle the subject, so you base the opinion on what your feelings tell you.
Original post by SillyEddy
I think the entire point is that Zimmerman "assumed" a lot of things, and the police assumed he was correct all along. Apart from telling him not to go after Martin, the feeling was always that the police never doubted Zimmerman's story. A gun shot went off in a public place - Self defence or not, that should be enough to conduct an enquiry. As proven in this case, the deceased are unable to speak for themselves.

From watching interviews with the attorneys, is there not some regulation that if you can't disprove the person's claim of self-defense, then you don't have to detain them? Or something like that anyway, I'm quoting from memory.

The thing is that Zimmerman thought him to be a threat, so provoked. If a complete stranger started chasing me and pointing a gun at me, I would freak the hell out as well

I thought the gun was not visible until after Martin and Zimmerman had started "fighting".

The pathetic laws in place simply allowed Zimmerman to turn that offense into his own defense, and that is absolutely wrong.

What "pathetic laws" are these? Self-defense? "Stand your ground" was actually irrelevant to this particular case.

He went after Martin instead of leaving it to the police.

I am fairly certain that there was no evidence that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin after the dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that".
Original post by slickrick666999
Tell me what I've said that isn't true.

You said that we don't have evidence that vocal "blacks" have been deviating from the belief that the verdict was wrong (because of racism). This isn't true, and I can present multiple examples to prove my point if you need me to. Look at Lupe Fiasco's comments, for example.

Black people are rioting throughout the US.

Riots throughout the US? Prove it.

You only use the word 'generalization' whenever we speak of black people anyway.

That's because I never see you criticise any other race of people, obviously.

Which just conforms you cannot handle the subject, so you base the opinion on what your feelings tell you.

Is that so?:rolleyes:.

If you look through my post history, you'll see that I actually agreed with the verdict.
Original post by medic_armadillo7
???? Errr....yeah....he killed him?? And judging from the ballistics and post-mortem report it happened at close range?? Also, the dispatcher tells him to stand down over the radio. ??? Not sure what you're trying to prove, but hope this answers questions.

u wot m8?

That doesn't prove Zimmerman continued to follow Martin after the dispatcher said he didn't need to. It's one possible scenario, but equally, Martin could have approached Zimmerman to attack him.
Reply 70
Original post by Chief Wiggum
It is completely irresponsible for him to heighten race tensions in this way.

Zimmerman was found not guilty, Obama initially said people should accept the verdict. Making bizarre "I could have been Trayvon 35 years ago" statements are certainly not going to help race relations. Presidents should not be dividing the country in a harmful way with their comments.

:facepalm2:

I suggest you actually read the statement in full before coming to stupid conclusions and making scaremongering statements that actually haven't happend.

I find people like abhorrentabale.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by de_monies
Yeah I forget that little kids dying in another part of the world are less important than Americans.... :rolleyes:

Well if 20 or so little kids die in Afghanistan, it's better than 2,000 US citizens dying isn't it? Tut. Tut.
Original post by 419

I suggest you actually read the statement in full before coming to stupid conclusions and making scaremongering statements that actually haven't happend.

“Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago."

That's what he said. My post wasn't inaccurate. (I was quoting from memory, so got the word order wrong, but it's essentially the same.)

I've read other comments from his speech as well. Which conclusions of mine are "stupid"? :smile:
Original post by 419

Loooool!
Chicago's got strict gun laws but the weekend before the Zimmerman verdict 6 people were shot dead and 16 wounded.6-Year-Old Girl Shot at Family Memorial just the other dayhttp://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/5-Year-Old-Girl-Grandmother-Injured-In-Shooting-216251211.htmlOf course nearly all these shootings in chicago are by gangbangers who acquired their guns illegally.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by Chief Wiggum
“Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago."

That's what he said. My post wasn't inaccurate. (I was quoting from memory, so got the word order wrong, but it's essentially the same.)

I've read other comments from his speech as well. Which conclusions of mine are "stupid"? :smile:

Yes it was. You can't just nitpick phrase within a long statement. I really cba with you because you know you're wrong but purposely going along with your scaremongering tirade. I suggest you read the full thing before continuing commenting. He had a wider message that the like of you are distorting in transition with your stupid outlandish conclusion.

Here's a excerpt of what he said around the Martin was me 35 year ago which you're focusing in.

You know, when Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son. Another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago. And when you think about why, in the African-American community at least, there's a lot of pain around what happened here, I think it's important to recognize that the African-American community is looking at this issue through a set of experiences and a history that doesn't go away.

There are very few African-American men in this country who haven't had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me.

And there are very few African-American men who haven't had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me, at least before I was a senator. There are very few African Americans who haven't had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.

People like you are amongst what's with the world and why it's difficult to progress.
Reply 76
Original post by TheTranshumanist
Loooool!

You don't get it?
Original post by 419
You don't get it?

I just saw it and immediately started laughing. Hard.

Was there a purpose for writing it in that way?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 78
there is nothing false about what he said.
Trayvonites are a bit like those whites who would find blacks guilty without a fair trial and hang them. Too many black people see him as guilty because of media manipulation and possibly their own racist views.Is the death of 17 year old teenager who most likely died as a result of attacking another person going to destroy decades of progress?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending