The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7120
Original post by Musester
The quality difference between the Premiership and League Two is enormous. The difference between the better teams in the Europa League and those in the knockout stages of the CL is not a lot. You say that Arsenal had a better season, but that's so difficult to justify. They had an easier CL group, and we were unbeaten against them all season, so just because they lost to Bayern they had a better European season. No.

Are you 15 or something. The Bradford-Sunderland example is an utterly stupid one.

Lol, some next level of delusion

Benfica were in the final FFS, compared to Dortmund and Bayern in the CL
Reply 7121
Original post by zKlown
Lol, some next level of delusion

Benfica were in the final FFS, compared to Dortmund and Bayern in the CL

FFS. I said the top teams in the Europa League, who you will invariably have to beat to win the Competition and those in the knockout stages of the CL, ie around the Quarter Final occasionally Semi Final stage.

Read the post properly, then comment.
Reply 7122
Fingers crossed Fletcher will be back this season! Looks like he's heading in the right direction. Hope we see him back soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23395972
Original post by Akkuz
Fingers crossed Fletcher will be back this season! Looks like he's heading in the right direction. Hope we see him back soon.

It will be great to see him back, always seemed to give his all when he plays. I think he could play a role for us during next season if he is fit.
I know football Italia not the greatest source, but it is saying that we have Appartenly bid £13 million for Mirko Vucunic. He probably wants to leave in the summer with tevez and Llorente coming in.
Original post by samiz20891
I know football Italia not the greatest source, but it is saying that we have Appartenly bid £13 million for Mirko Vucunic. He probably wants to leave in the summer with tevez and Llorente coming in.

Another striker? Really?

Assuming he is a striker.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Another striker? Really?

Assuming he is a striker.

he is generally an striker/secondary striker but have seen him occasionally play out wide. So yeah, another striker really.
Reply 7127
Original post by samiz20891
he is generally an striker/secondary striker but have seen him occasionally play out wide. So yeah, another striker really.

Cant see it happening. We dont need another striker at all and he is 29.
Original post by tmmd
Cant see it happening. We dont need another striker at all and he is 29.

I don't either, we have been interested in him in the past I think if IIRC. However, I do think Juve will try to get rid off him with matri, Quatrallela, Tevez and Llorente also as other options.
Original post by Akkuz

Could be a god sent with the midfield situation. If he can come back after surgery and provide a bit of physicality and bite it could help out massively, new signing or not he's a brilliant player to have in the side and different to anyone else we have.
If Fletcher comes back with even half of the levels he produced at his best, then it would be one heck of a miraculous recovery. Sadly, I think this bowel illness has had a massive effect on his life, never mind football so the best I hope for him is that he can be at least a very effective squad player who can be played in short bursts when we need to press the other side in the latter stages of matches etc. I think he'll have to be used from time to time. But he's still worth having around, no doubt for his experience. He may be an ideal leader for the Carling Cup games, allow him to get rhythm back away from the PL and hopefully captain a youthful side.

Nice to see the unnecessary and futile "debate" has waned away.
Well Moyes has confirmed second bid for Cesc and says transfers likely to happen later, which i guess is expected in some form.

Not too sure i like how open we are about these bids tbh. Bit different than the 'we are interested' type stuff like with Moura last year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah Moyes has said they increased the bid to £30 million from the original of £26 million, don't know if that's going to sway him though!
"My understanding is we had a response. I think we made a second offer."

If true, it would mean what most though that Barcelona havent completely shut down the idea of a club bidding for him else we wouldnt have gone in again.
Original post by Tommyjw
Well Moyes has confirmed second bid for Cesc and says transfers likely to happen later, which i guess is expected in some form.

Not too sure i like how open we are about these bids tbh. Bit different than the 'we are interested' type stuff like with Moura last year.

I don't really see any up side to being so public about transfers?

If you get a player that you've been discussing - great. But you would've got the same reaction once the player signed for the club anyway.

If you don't get the player you wanted - looks poor and disappoints fans. Even worse when a player turns down the club.

The important people at Man Utd don't need to pander to the fans either (compare to the presidency for Real Madrid/Barcelona where it is all very public to get fans on side for appointment/re-election).

I really don't understand it.
Reply 7135
Original post by Zerforax
I don't really see any up side to being so public about transfers?

Well, you say transfers, but he's said we're looking at other players and he hasn't named them. I don't believe Baines has been talked about by Moyes either, and it's known that we put in a bid for him. It's only Fabregas he's talking about openly, perhaps there's some reason for that? I can't think what that might be, mind.
Sky saying barca will wait for new. Manager before decision
Original post by ledleyking123
Sky saying barca will wait for new. Manager before decision

not a good sign......
Original post by fallen_acorns
not a good sign......

Exactly what I said would happen haha. They wait for the new guy to come in and then wait for him to decide :tongue:
Original post by Malevolent
Exactly what I said would happen haha. They wait for the new guy to come in and then wait for him to decide :tongue:

and what manager, looking at their team, would not want to keep fab?

though ofcourse - this is all meer speculation, and there could be many other things we dont know about :smile:

Latest