The Student Room Group

If girls dont mind virgins why do they make fun of them?

Im taIking about guys who are 20+ and are virgins. One example is recently a female friend of mine tweeted something along the lines of "in a car running out of petrol. This is like having sex with a virgin". But a few weeks before when we were talking she found out that I had never had a girlfriend. The conversation went there and I prefer to be honest about it. She said there is nothing wrong with it and it shouldnt matter if I met a girl I liked. It seems a little two-faced. I know never having a girlfriend doesnt mean youre a virgin but it was quite clear that I was.

If I met a girl I liked and she asked I think I will just lie and say im not since I gain nothing from telling the truth.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think that reference was just a general stereotype going on, not a purposeful insult. Like saying I feel so awful and fat today, but not having anything against fat people.

I guess because other guys mock each other, girls pick up on it and think it is okay to, and that it might not hurt the guy.

I doubt many girls have anything against virgins, probably the opposite to be honest :P
Reply 2
I don't want to be rude but you seem to be generalising here! I for a fact do not make fun of guys who are virgins I personally think its more of an achievement for them esp. considering it is expected for girls to wait a while.
I know a couple male virgins that are in their late 20's and i would never make fun of them.
It depends on the girl but i'm sure they're not like that...sometimes people say things without thinking, i guess your friend was just having a laugh and didn't mean it as an offence. :smile:
I really don't understand what is there to be made fun of...
I don't really know of any girls that make fun of those that are still virgins so don't think like that. :tongue: just be upfront and well if they act like a bitch obviously they're not for you and you shouldn't waste your time on them.
Original post by saraw26
I think that reference was just a general stereotype going on, not a purposeful insult. Like saying I feel so awful and fat today, but not having anything against fat people.

I guess because other guys mock each other, girls pick up on it and think it is okay to, and that it might not hurt the guy.

I doubt many girls have anything against virgins, probably the opposite to be honest :P

Guys are less likely to say things like being a virgin doesnt matter or theres nothing wrong with it.
I've never known a girl to make fun of a guy virgin :smile: I actually think it's pretty commendable that a guy would wait and not just lose it to a one night stand or even a prostitute.
Reply 5
Original post by Divine Hedgehog
Im taIking about guys who are 20+ and are virgins. One example is recently a female friend of mine tweeted something along the lines of "in a car running out of petrol. This is like having sex with a virgin". But a few weeks before when we were talking she found out that I had never had a girlfriend. The conversation went there and I prefer to be honest about it. She said there is nothing wrong with it and it shouldnt matter if I met a girl I liked. It seems a little two-faced. I know never having a girlfriend doesnt mean youre a virgin but it was quite clear that I was.

If I met a girl I liked and she asked I think I will just lie and say im not since I gain nothing from telling the truth.

I don't think you should lie to someone if you really, really like them. Otherwise, lie away.
Reply 6
Same reason why they think it's normal to cross the road even though they make jokes about chickens doing it.

Honestly, it was a joke! She wasn't making fun of you or virgins in general.
I've never known any girls to make fun of it.
If I ever get a boyfriend, I'd want him to be a virgin.
Original post by StacFace
Same reason why they think it's normal to cross the road even though they make jokes about chickens doing it.

Honestly, it was a joke! She wasn't making fun of you or virgins in general.

I used that example because it was a friend. But I can think of many where girls poke fun at male virgins.
Virgins in general get made fun of. Same as fat people. And skinny people. And tall people. And short people. Gingers, them too. Sluts. Promiscuous people. Black people. Pale people.

I could go on. Basically everyone's the butt of a joke at some point. Deal with it :dontknow:
Reply 10
Look. It is a bit tricky to have sex with virgins but its not a huge deal if you are willing to be patient and grow together. I have been with two. One I didn't even realize was one because he didn't say and was ok. The other was a total mess about it and took months and months to calm down about it. The best advice I can give to you is to relax. Sex is supposed to be fun. Be honest. It's a natural act that gets more comfortable in time. Also keep in mind that no matter how many partners you have it will be awkward in the beginning. Just enjoy getting close and learning new things. Don't put the pu**y on a pedestal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ideally, the guy I marry will be a virgin. Sadly might not be the case in this day and age though :smile:

Btw I think there's a misconception that all virgins are so because of their physical appearance. That's not true at all.
Reply 12
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Virgins in general get made fun of. Same as fat people. And skinny people. And tall people. And short people. Gingers, them too. Sluts. Promiscuous people. Black people. Pale people.

I could go on. Basically everyone's the butt of a joke at some point. Deal with it :dontknow:

Great idea, although you presumably wouldn't agree if I made a joke about women, eh? Hypocrisy.
Original post by Plainview
Great idea, although you presumably wouldn't agree if I made a joke about women, eh? Hypocrisy.

Providing it wasn't menacing or threatening, then it's fine.
Reply 14
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I've never known a girl to make fun of a guy virgin :smile: I actually think it's pretty commendable that a guy would wait and not just lose it to a one night stand or even a prostitute.

for a guy being a virgin isn't as such a big deal - blowing your load inside an unknown hooker/ons isn't much difference to that teen virgin knocking one off in front of his computer. its just the mental side of it - a virgin is generally less socially/ life-expereinced
Reply 15
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Providing it wasn't menacing or threatening, then it's fine.

I don't believe you. Nothing menacing about John Inverdale pointing out that that tennis player wasn't attractive, yet he got slammed by the left-wing press and the celebrity feminists as a result.
If anything I find it's usually guys making fun of virgins. Women don't care as much.
Reply 17
The girl in question has probably been fired into more times than 50 cent, and on some level maybe ironically bitter that she isn't a virgin herself.
Reply 18
On the whole, I think girls are generally pretty indifferent to whether a guy is a virgin or not. The only area for concern is whether he would be able to please them properly if he is, but I can't think of a girl insulting a virgin with actual malicious intent. I personally wouldn't care; on the contrary, I would be quite impressed if a guy could ignore peer pressure and do what he wants.
Reply 19
Better lose it quick before you get sacrificed to the gods

Latest

Trending

Trending