The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4660
Original post by Sultana
It was most definitely an ok morning :smile: In a way that almost makes me feel worse that my mood is still so cruddy even when anxiety stuff is manageable and the things around me are pleasant. :s-smilie:
My friend sent me a list of links to watch online all the Ghibili films ever made the other day, I think I might try to watch one tonight actually; they can generally be relied on to be non-triggering loveliness. :h:

How're things going for you? :hugs:

Glad you enjoyed it :smile:.

I can understand what you mean. When I am genuinely enjoying myself in the back of my mind I still think 'why do I feel so ****?'

Ah you've got a good friend there! Did you watch one in the end?

Things feel a bit strange at the moment. Before this week I was just generally feeling really low with very negative thoughts and just had a bad outlook about everything. But this week, I have no idea what's changed, I'm feeling the most ok I have felt in months... maybe even years. I haven't done anything different and feel bad about being ignored by friend but now it's like there's nothing huge weighing me down.

Before this week I would spend the day either feeling not too bad because of keeping myself busy or just faking being happy but then breaking down and feeling terrible whenever I am alone but this week I haven't. I even sang along to songs that generally make me cry...

Sorry for the ramble. It's good feeling this way but it also feels strange! I don't think it'll last though.

How have you been? Sorry about the things happening with your sister but like others have said, it isn't your fault :hugs:.

And thanks for the PM a while back, it was really sweet of you to write such kind things :jumphug:. Sorry I never replied properly :colondollar:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4661
Original post by avhhs
That is my problem too, losing interest and not being able to concentrate. I started watching stuff on iPlayer but within a couple of days I couldn't be bothered to watch anymore because of difficulty concentrating.

They really go against the stereotype then :tongue: Some people need to learn that there is more to life than religion, those that put religion above everything else and take all the fun out of life :rolleyes:. I guess you are happy with your upbringing? :smile:

Yeah it is tough. Later on I'll have to pretend to be religious by reading the Quran and praying :sad:. It is 40 days since my uncle died.

I do things on my own every now and then, but now I've started getting bored of doing it. I guess I need to find something else then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: I can definitely empathise with that. It was just this week that I manged to do something I really enjoy after years (reading a book).

Do you have a favourite film or TV show you can watch? Even if you have to force yourself it might help? A comedy is always good, especially ones that are short and not too difficult to concentrate on. Or a really gripping show where it's impossible to not care :tongue:. Game of Thrones was one of the few shows that helped pull me out of not being interested in everything... hopefully you'll find something that helps you! I can try and offer some recommendations if you like? What type of films/shows do you generally like?

Another idea is try and set out on a little project. I often bake and because of my limited skills and supplies it's like a mini project that I can spend some time on and help distract myself. Again, what normally interests you? I'm sure we can think of something you could do :hugs:!

Haha well they also fulfil a lot of it :tongue:

What stereotypes are you thinking of? My mind is blank!

I agree with that. I have a friend who's family has been quite religious lately. There's nothing wrong with that but now she wears a headscarf she keeps taking the moral highground and demanding other friends why they don't wear one... even though she also says you wear it because you want to rather than being forced :rolleyes:. And she looks down on me at times because I'm a bad Muslim. Definitely got judged a lot by the other Muslims at school.

Hmm at the time I was happy with my upbringing I guess. I'd say I was a happy child... but more because I was oblivious of the bad stuff. I was definitely closer to my dad then, especially being the youngest means he would spoil me at times. But looking back it wasn't the best. I love my parents and my family so much but my dad has a lot of anger issues and can be emotionally manipulative so there are memories and moments I'd rather forget. Now I'm older I can see his true colours.

What about you? Did you have a happy childhood?

Sorry about your uncle :console:. I think if he was religious although you don't believe it, it would have maybe meant something to him.

Like I said above, we'll find something!

Also feel free to reply to the spoiler via PM, whatever you prefer.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm back... don't even know how I feeeeeeel. Had a **** week. "Holiday" my ass. 4 out of 6 people were lazy ****ers and just wanted to start arguments over nothing. Other 2 were myself and my best friend. Wahoo. People are dicksssss.

Psychiatrist on Tuesday. Lowering my dose again to come off these horrid meds... hopefully the weird turns will stop once I'm off them.

Anyone know what depersonalisation and dissociation actually mean?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4663
Original post by ANONYM00SE
I'm back... don't even know how I feeeeeeel. Had a **** week. "Holiday" my ass. 4 out of 6 people were lazy ****ers and just wanted to start arguments over nothing. Other 2 were myself and my best friend. Wahoo. People are dicksssss.

Psychiatrist on Tuesday. Lowering my dose again to come off these horrid meds... hopefully the weird turns will stop once I'm off them.

Anyone know what depersonalisation and dissociation actually mean?

http://www.mind.org.uk/mental_health_a-z/8039_dissociative_disorders

Hopefully that should help :smile: It probably explains them alot more simply and effectively than what I could :yes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
http://www.mind.org.uk/mental_health_a-z/8039_dissociative_disorders

Hopefully that should help :smile: It probably explains alot more simply and effectively than what I could :yes:

Reply 4665
Don't really have many words and things are really ****ty and dark. Really rubbishy stuff is going on and I really want to pretend stuff isn't happening. Last night supposedly one my best friends started messaging me tell me how worthless and crap I was as a person, that I was a terrible person and that 'it's my loss' cause I don't go out much. She started ranting and swearing and being rude to me while I just felt in danger and really helpless. She really sent things spiralling for me last night and I ended up in A&E for the first time in a long time. I can't really articulate how I feel but things are somewhat numb but in a really bad way. I only seem to have thought processes on one level now and it's not a 'good' one. I really can't be ****ed.
Original post by 08batee
Don't really have many words and things are really ****ty and dark. Really rubbishy stuff is going on and I really want to pretend stuff isn't happening. Last night supposedly one my best friends started messaging me tell me how worthless and crap I was as a person, that I was a terrible person and that 'it's my loss' cause I don't go out much. She started ranting and swearing and being rude to me while I just felt in danger and really helpless. She really sent things spiralling for me last night and I ended up in A&E for the first time in a long time. I can't really articulate how I feel but things are somewhat numb but in a really bad way. I only seem to have thought processes on one level now and it's not a 'good' one. I really can't be ****ed.

:hugs: I know how awful it is to have a supposed friend turn on you, but trust me - this is down to her ****ty personality, not yours (which is awesome). I know it's hard not to let these things get to you, but seriously, she is not worth giving a flying **** about. For now if you can't manage to do anything positive to lift your mood, I'd try something neutral, like playing mindless games of solitaire/online jigsaws/pokemon. I've found in the past that that kind of thing keeps my mind just occupied enough to not get more upset, and then over time my mood improves a little naturally/I get tired and go to sleep. :tongue:
Reply 4667
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: I know how awful it is to have a supposed friend turn on you, but trust me - this is down to her ****ty personality, not yours (which is awesome). I know it's hard not to let these things get to you, but seriously, she is not worth giving a flying **** about. For now if you can't manage to do anything positive to lift your mood, I'd try something neutral, like playing mindless games of solitaire/online jigsaws/pokemon. I've found in the past that that kind of thing keeps my mind just occupied enough to not get more upset, and then over time my mood improves a little naturally/I get tired and go to sleep. :tongue:

Thanks for your support. I don't disagree with anything she has to say tbh though. I have no motivation or energy or anything - every time I even sit up to get out of bed I cry and lie back again in my stupid misery cause I can't even get up, never mind eat or drink or function on any stupid level. I have no clue what is wrong with me or how things even got so awful so randomly. I feel lifeless and numb and ****ty and I just hate myself. Sorry I'm such a time waster
Original post by 08batee

You're not. I don't know you well at all, but I've read your posts and you seem like a lovely person. Just someone who has problems. But that does not make you any of those things.
Reply 4669
Thanks to those who replied to me last night. I'm going to try and be pro-active this up and coming week, get lots of things done and try get out a bit. Here is to hoping! :tongue:
Original post by luno
How do you handle being ignored by your best friend?

She's being going through family stuff at the moment so I've given her space but 95% of the time she doesn't reply to my messages or texts. I was totally blunt and asked if I've done something wrong. She said no and I believed her.

It hasn't really got to me because I know she is busy so I think 'I'll just wait till she contacts me' but she never does. I brush it off and just assume she hasn't had time but then I see on Facebook her posting loads on her other friends walls and it's hard not to think about it and feel hurt because it's like I'm blatantly being ignored.

I feel horrible for being so selfish when she is having some issues at home but surely if she can post and have little
conversations with another friend, she can reply to my messages?

I've been home since April after my placement abroad and we have only met up once for like 30 mins when it suited her... that's it.

It just feels like I'm losing my best friend.. one of the very few friends I have :frown:.

On a positive note I am not utterly distraught and thinking it's all my fault, which I am surprised about because that's how I would normally think.

A few years ago one of my best friends just stopped seeing me and a few others, and went to hang out with other people.

This is kind of me bitching about him and some drama, only read it if you want a juicy story :tongue: :

Spoiler

It really isn't your fault if she doesn't make any effort to see or talk to you, you even asked if you had done anything wrong, and she said you haven't. So the way i see it you have the moral highground :smile:

I know it isn't easy to stop thinking about something like this, even when you want to. But, even if she does stop seeing you for whatever reason, you can always find more friends. If she's gonna be an ********, she's not a good friend anyway, right? Theres no point having bad friends :tongue:

You'll be ok :jumphug:
Original post by 08batee
Thanks for your support. I don't disagree with anything she has to say tbh though. I have no motivation or energy or anything - every time I even sit up to get out of bed I cry and lie back again in my stupid misery cause I can't even get up, never mind eat or drink or function on any stupid level. I have no clue what is wrong with me or how things even got so awful so randomly. I feel lifeless and numb and ****ty and I just hate myself. Sorry I'm such a time waster

And how is any of that your fault, or her business to point out? Friends are meant to support each other when they need it - you need support, she's being a bitch, therefore she's a **** and you're still wonderful. :jumphug:
Original post by Idle
Thanks to those who replied to me last night. I'm going to try and be pro-active this up and coming week, get lots of things done and try get out a bit. Here is to hoping! :tongue:

Good to see you're thinking positive :smile: Best of luck with getting stuff done, i know i feel a lot better when i get a lot done. Once you make the first step everything else gets a lot easier :biggrin:
Reply 4673
all i want is to give up now. i just :frown:
Original post by Sultana
all i want is to give up now. i just :frown:

:hugs: We'll get you through this. :smile:
Original post by 08batee

:hugs: That's an awful thing for her to do. :frown: Really horrible. Please don't believe anything she's said because it's simply not true. :hugs: You're lovely and you're amazing and you have incredible strength. She's not worth giving a damn about if she's treating you like that hun. If it's of any help at all I'm going to be up all night if you want to chat/need to talk. :hugs:
And how is any of that your fault, or her business to point out? Friends are meant to support each other when they need it - you need support, she's being a bitch, therefore she's a **** and you're still wonderful. :jumphug:

Wolfie, Y U ON PRSOM?!?! :emo:

Wolfie speaks the truth :yep:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Wolfie, Y U ON PRSOM?!?! :emo:

Wolfie speaks the truth :yep:

I can't rep you either. :lazy:
Reply 4678
:hugs: We'll get you through this. :smile:

but i dont think so, its too hard for me.
Original post by Sultana
but i dont think so, its too hard for me.

You've gone through a lot, but that only proves how strong you are. :hugs:

Latest