The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
I wish I could wake up and be a kid again.
I miss my childhood too much
Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
1) Jump isn't impossible
2) don't "revise", keep on top of content all the way through, that way you'll know everything for the exan

Thanks man, btw have you got any advice on what I should do for these a-level subject>''biology,chemistry,maths and maybe history..''
Reply 882
Original post by thebestiscoming
I'm I the only one who is planning to get a head start on my chosen a-levels?:redface:

Nooo I hate to admit that I want to too... Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks man, btw have you got any advice on what I should do for these a-level subject>''biology,chemistry,maths and maybe history..''

Biology :puke:
Chemistry - Have a read of the website "chemguide"
Maths - brush up on algebra and maybe check out examsolutions.net to start C1/2.

History - nothing to do :smile: until you start the course
Reply 884
Good luck to all GCSE students!
Reply 885

I'm doing same subjects but german in the place of history... Dunno how to prepare for german.. There's no vocab lists like there were for GCSE..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracey11
I'm doing same subjects but german in the place of history... Dunno how to prepare for german.. There's no vocab lists like there were for GCSE..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brush up on grammar. That's the big one, case systems as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think that we are in the same situation because on top if those a-levels that you saw i might actually do Italian as well but might change it for history because 5 a-levels is asking for a suicide...:s-smilie:
Reply 888
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Brush up on grammar. That's the big one, case systems as well.

Cheers.. I don't have any books or anything though.. Recommend any websites??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers.. I don't have any books or anything though.. Recommend any websites??

About.com

And also the Threads on TSR:

German Learners' Society
Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread
Reply 890
i think that we are in the same situation because on top if those a-levels that you saw i might actually do Italian as well but might change it for history because 5 a-levels is asking for a suicide...:s-smilie:

Yeh I was doing biology chemistry maths and physics.. Then I decided to do german as well ( thinking that there would be lots of overlap with maths and physics so I could do 5 - also german is a language so not too much revision) but then I realised that there really aren't many benefits of doing 5 and they don't outweigh the work load..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 891
I want to do medicine lol :biggrin: but don't want to get my heart too set in it.. Soooo competitive it's ridiculous :frown: maybe chemistry..

Yeh I'm doing an EPQ as well.. :smile: yeh I decided I mucchh preferred german to physics (by far my least favourite science)

We sound pretty similar haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh I was doing biology chemistry maths and physics.. Then I decided to do german as well ( thinking that there would be lots of overlap with maths and physics so I could do 5 - also german is a language so not too much revision) but then I realised that there really aren't many benefits of doing 5 and they don't outweigh the work load..

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's exactly what i thought, good luck with ur results btw. Have you got ani resources at the moment, to help you on your a-levels..
Reply 893
that's exactly what i thought, good luck with ur results btw. Have you got ani resources at the moment, to help you on your a-levels..

Haha cheers :smile: good luck to you too :biggrin: what are you predicted?? No not yet.. I've been trying to look some websites up..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatz07
Are you going to do Medicine or dentistry with those A-levels?
I'm thinking of doing one of them :biggrin:
My A levels are: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, History and Extended Project
I don't like Physics :biggrin:

Jatz

you practically have the same a-levels as me, i was also planning to go into medicine
Haha cheers :smile: good luck to you too :biggrin: what are you predicted?? No not yet.. I've been trying to look some websites up..

Posted from TSR Mobile

All As and 2 A* but might get higher than that. You?
Reply 896
All As and 2 A* but might get higher than that. You?

8 A*s and 3 As... But I think my teachers overestimate me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
8 A*s and 3 As... But I think my teachers overestimate me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

feels like i just received a slap at my face when i saw ur perdictions,pretty good, im hoping to reach 5 A*:eek:
Original post by Jatz07
Awesome man. How many GCSEs are you doing? What grades are you aiming for?
What uni's are you thinking of?

I want to do medicine or dentistry too... but most likely medicine? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Jatz

I'm doing about 9 gcses.
aiming for 5 A* although i'm predicted 2. I am currently aiming at ucl,imperial and maybe oxford>(but i'm saying oxford because i know that in my a-levels i am going to work a lot harder).YOU?
Original post by Jatz07
Awesome man... I'm aiming for 7A* , but we will see how it goes next month

I would choose cambridge rather than oxford because the problem with oxford is that they base GCSE Results more significant than predicted A2 grades for medicine... plus 70-80% of applicants have majority A*s in gcse, and gcse plays a big part in interview!

Cambridge is definitely an option for you though :smile: Just concentrate on getting high ums at A level, gcse's aren't significant as much as A levels apart from oxford

Jatz

Yeah, i have heard, but what other uni's have you got in mind

Latest