The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Worst. Batman. Villian. Ever.

:rofl:
Take that back actually, after Egghead there's not much worse xD

-has seen every episode of Adam West's Batman and is proud of it, even if my professor says I shouldn't be-
Reply 62
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug:

I get so easily distracted by the Internet too. To the point I'm contemplating a ban from TSR. People on here just wind me up and make me ill :emo:

Orrr... you could just avoid all threads apart from this one and Cathsoc, which are clearly the best two threads on here :awesome:

Ah sorry about that, I was concerntrating too hard on looking holy :angelblush:

Not good enough :hmmm:

You must! Rev is one of the few shows that ever nearly made me cry (note: nearly) and the final scene in season 2 is one of my all time favourite moments in television. It even has Miles Jupp :awesome:

I need to watch Rev again.
Also Miles Jupp :love:
He seems to be all over Radio 4 at the moment, it is truly wonderful. :moon:

Because it's the holidays and they mess with my sleep, probably won't be in bed until 4am-ish. People waste the night by being asleep :yep:

Definitely agree :yep:

Although then I tend to waste the day by being asleep :erm:

It worries me that I followed that easily :s-smilie:

:ditto: :giggle:

[scrollr]:nyan:[/scrollr]

I need to watch Rev again.
Also Miles Jupp :love:
He seems to be all over Radio 4 at the moment, it is truly wonderful. :moon:

Aint it just? :awesome: He wrote a series called 'In and Out of the Kitchen' which is just so pitch-perfect and somehow tedious in a good way. Still need to try 'It's Not What You Know' though, d'you know if it's any good?

Definitely agree :yep:

Although then I tend to waste the day by being asleep :erm:

2am in the morning, walking up and down the house as the only person still awake while listening to Jarvis Cocker's Wireless Nights = Best part of the day.

I get up at 12pm normally sooo yeah, same. Can't nap though to save my life though, I weirdly feel much, much worse once I wake up.
Right, am signing off for quite a while, peeps. Might sign off altogether depending on what things are like tomorrow. Please pray that I can get some sleep - need it! Seeing the start of the Ring cycle tomorrow. Gonna melt/die of boredom! :eek2:

:cry2:
Right, am signing off for quite a while, peeps. Might sign off altogether depending on what things are like tomorrow. Please pray that I can get some sleep - need it! Seeing the start of the Ring cycle tomorrow. Gonna melt/die of boredom! :eek2:

:cry2:

Enjoy your happy sleepy time ^^ Thanks for the company.

Original post by AtomicTheory
Continuing from the discussion about evangelism, one issue I had with my CU was that they constantly made me feel really bad about not evangelising very much. I was a very new Christian, had only been going to church for a couple of months, and had no church background so I was still very much in a process of learning, and they'd basically have a go at me for not being 'confident' in my belief, which was really not very helpful!

You sound like a great CU person :smile: I wish people at my uni were as open as you are! They're basically completely uninterested in non-CU Christian and more or less disregard them as heretics (using that actual word) :s-smilie:
That's a shame, that lack of sensitivity doesn't do anyone any good!

I find the broader issue fairy tricky though. CU is by its very nature not supposed to be purely a cosy christian community (there would be little point, I think that's one of the roles of churches). The Christian Union name is definitely misleading there! But because CU, as an organisation, has that single focus, it can give the impression that that's the only focus of Christianity (or at least of member's faith) which is obviously plain wrong.

I hear 'heretic' used quite often as part of 'banter', but it's sad to hear your story since ultimately we're all one church family, children of God. :biggrin: It can be easy to forget that though. (in fact I find it's similarly easy for so many of God's wonderful truths :frown: )
I get so easily distracted by the Internet too. To the point I'm contemplating a ban from TSR. People on here just wind me up and make me ill :emo:

You can request a ban that allows you access only to certain forums. (If that would help!)
Hey :biggrin:

How's everyone doing?
(edited 10 years ago)
Turns out it's very hard to get a good avy with such little space -sigh-

Original post by CasualSoul

How's everyone doing?

SHHH, we're trying to sleep in here *throws pillow*

Very well thanks for 2am, how is your good self?
I think it's the lesser out of the three, Rev. is much more moving and character driven whereas Father Ted is certainly the funniest and VoD is just very 'comfortable' and inoffensive... Rather like the CofE really :tongue:

... I may actually make Rev my avy :curious:

Oh I agree but it's also the one I know least - I've seen Rev and Father Ted too often and too recently :p:
Original post by Feefifofum
Oh I agree but it's also the one I know least - I've seen Rev and Father Ted too often and too recently :p:

Rev is a good show to binge on, it's impossible to get bored of Olivia Coleman :yep:

Has there ever been a time when Father Ted wasn't on TV? :closedeyes: Although speaking of the devil, if people haven't seen it you should catch Lineham's new Count Arthur Strong show as it's wonderful and it makes you feel wonderful with it's wonderful happy feels. The cult of Count Arthur needs new recruits.
Reply 72
Aint it just? :awesome: He wrote a series called 'In and Out of the Kitchen' which is just so pitch-perfect and somehow tedious in a good way. Still need to try 'It's Not What You Know' though, d'you know if it's any good?

Never heard any of that. :no:

It's not what you know is wonderful. Has quite a ISIHAC feel to it. Definitely worth a listen :yep:

2am in the morning, walking up and down the house as the only person still awake while listening to Jarvis Cocker's Wireless Nights = Best part of the day.

I get up at 12pm normally sooo yeah, same. Can't nap though to save my life though, I weirdly feel much, much worse once I wake up.

I don't like to move around too much at night, 'cause I'm always worried about disturbing the others in the house. Finished making a pair of pyjama trousers at about half 1 last night though :awesome:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73

If you sub you get a bigger avatar :ninja:
Also get to keep the size of it when you desub, up until the point when you change it again.
Original post by Aula
Never heard any of that. :no:

It's not what you know is wonderful. Has quite a ISIHAC feel to it. Definitely

It's basically about the dullest, most middle-class man in the world writing a book detailing his life and eating habits for a year. It's great. Also has Justin Edwards who took over Newsjack after Jupp and is also Mr. Twitchy Eyes from the Thick of it :biggrin:

I see it has a new ep with Frank Skinner so i'll certainly give it a listen <3
Asked for an indefinite ban. Aula, please tell Cath Soc. Someone tell PS Help and MHSS please :cry2:
Original post by Aula
If you sub you get a bigger avatar :ninja:
Also get to keep the size of it when you desub, up until the point when you change it again.

But that involves money that I don't have, from a job that has never existed using a credit card which I forgot to active in time (ugh).... There's a lot of flaws to this plan, but I like it anyway :godancing:
Original post by OurSeaBee
Interesting. Where does it come from?

Your name. Involves Norfolk. North of the Waveney. Shudder. We do not cross the Waveney.

It's from Coventry Cathedral, it was donated by the Swedish.

You're from South of the Waveney? Shudder. We do not cross the Waveney.

Except when we live in Bristol :colondollar: Norfolk born and bred though.

SHHH, we're trying to sleep in here *throws pillow*

Very well thanks for 2am, how is your good self?

Aha not bad. Just woke up :rofl:
Reply 79
Original post by YiiNaa
Hi guys, I'm a CofE Christian that was willing to be an active member of this society on TSR. However I was busy with my exams during the last couple of months and had no free time, but now I'm free :biggrin:

Anyway, I'm hoping that I can have some good discussions and with people here, and I pray it will help me increase my knowledge and understanding of my religion.

God bless all of you, and have a good day :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome! :hello:

Make yourself at home :h:

Oh new thread, I shall call you Squishy and you shall be my Squishy :awesome:

:ahee: :teehee:

Jesus =/= Edward Cullen :hmpf:

:giggle: :rofl:

I always liked this one of Saint Kyra, with the utmost respect to her... She looks like an awesome Jedi.

I see what you mean :cool:

:teehee:

Peeps, peeps, peeps! My first cousin has safely given birth to a baby girl. I'm an aunty again :woo: :party: :awesome: :yay: :danceboy:

Glad to hear that hun :lovehug: :party:

Just a thought, this thread could have a Patron Saint, namely Saint Expeditus, Patron Saint against procrastination. Goodness knows he has his work cut out with us :rolleyes:

:teehee: this is an excellent idea :yep:

Original post by Kwollum
Hi there! :smile:

Love the thread title, I've just been telling my housemates that Star Wars has Christian themes, not least the redemption of Mr Annakin Skywalker.

:wavey:

Welcome :biggrin:

Original post by Norfolkadam
I'm here to bring you all some nice, modern stained glass. Icons aren't for me.

Ooh, that's lovely, I love Coventry Cathedral.

Glad to see you found the new thread :h:

:giggle: I think I just about followed that :tongue:

:console: hope you feel better soon, will pray :yep:

Original post by CasualSoul

How's everyone doing?

:hi: I'm okay thanks, what about you? :smile:

Original post by Aula

This is what I did :teehee: :awesome:

Asked for an indefinite ban. Aula, please tell Cath Soc. Someone tell PS Help and MHSS please :cry2:

:jumphug: will miss you :sadnod:

Quick Reply

Latest