The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4420
Van Ginkel was missing for large parts of the game today, would rather Frank starts and ease VG into the team as the season progresses.

Anyone know what's happening with De Rossi. I was stoked for that transfer and then it all died down
Original post by Musester
Van Ginkel was missing for large parts of the game today, would rather Frank starts and ease VG into the team as the season progresses.

Anyone know what's happening with De Rossi. I was stoked for that transfer and then it all died down

Jose Mourinho said the only player he wants now is Rooney.
Reply 4422
I don't believe him on that tbh, just a mind game with Moyes.
Original post by iRush
Really think we have a massive massive key player with us in KdB, I think he'll play as crucial of a role as Mata has done for 2 seasons. Hope he's fit again soon.

Cech

Azpilicueta - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Essien - Lampard

KdB - Mata - Hazard

Lukaku

Absolutely buzzing to see this team play against Hull or United.

I like that team too, but I'd rather see KdB in the centre and i don't think Lukaku is going to get first choice striker.
Why would you rather see him in the centre?
Reply 4425
I don't know about anyone else, but I finally think (well hopefully) we have some stability in the club. It seems as though Mou is going to try and give everyone a go, and we won't have to spend tonnes of money on players during the transfer windows. Not only that it makes me feel more confident of our team.

I'm very optimistic about this season, and it's making me happy :smile:
Reply 4426
Original post by The Assassin
Like that lineup a lot. Would have Van Ginkel starting though. Doubt Lamps will get as much game time this year as he did last year esp considering Mourinho promised Van Ginkel a lot of game time.

That's true but I don't think Mourinho will start MvG at the start of the season, sure games against the likes of Hull, Cardiff etc, I can see him getting a start with Essien/Mikel or anyone but I would think Mourinho will want a settled experienced pair in the middle for now. He told Romeu that Lampard and Essien were ahead of him so I can see that line up happening more often than not. Although I rate MvG and want to see him flourish.

Original post by Kelani
I like that team too, but I'd rather see KdB in the centre and i don't think Lukaku is going to get first choice striker.

Tbf, Lukaku has looked the better striker in pre season and has 2 goals to his name. The flick on for KdB's goal was sublime as was the goal itself. Also considering Torres isn't back yet we have to wait and see. I wonder if Mourinho will rest the Confederations Cup players for the start of the season like RDM did for Mata last year?
Reply 4427
:sigh: Guys, you know that there's no reason at all to carry out debates filled with provocation like the one from yesterday. People argue, get pissed off and then blame the moderation team, but this happens when you choose to engage with inflammatory posts rather than ignore and report them. You guys are better than that, please don't foster unnecessary bickering. :puppyeyes:

Anyway, what's the news on de Bruyne? I read that there was no ligament damage, but how serious is it then? It would be a massive shame if he had an injury-plagued season just when he seems to be being given the chance to break through...
Reply 4428
Original post by Abiraleft
:sigh: Guys, you know that there's no reason at all to carry out debates filled with provocation like the one from yesterday. People argue, get pissed off and then blame the moderation team, but this happens when you choose to engage with inflammatory posts rather than ignore and report them. You guys are better than that, please don't foster unnecessary bickering. :puppyeyes:

Anyway, what's the news on de Bruyne? I read that there was no ligament damage, but how serious is it then? It would be a massive shame if he had an injury-plagued season just when he seems to be being given the chance to break through...

Honestly, some of these arguments are pointless and repeat every few pages. Every time we get a decent discussion point going, someone either from another thread or from within comes in and aggravates someone else. Can be easily ignored.

Anyway, Mourinho said de Bruyne injury is small and it isn't ligament damage. He's staying on tour so it shouldn't be long then I guess?
Reply 4429

Pull your finger out and ban Zurich then. 90% of the arguments on here revolve around him.
Reply 4430
Original post by Musester
Pull your finger out and ban Zurich then. 90% of the arguments on here revolve around him.

It takes two to tango. If you think a certain post breaks the rules, report it. If you think a member is simply annoying, put them on your ignore list. There is absolutely no reason to throw around personal attacks.
It takes two to tango. If you think a certain post breaks the rules, report it. If you think a member is simply annoying, put them on your ignore list. There is absolutely no reason to throw around personal attacks.

I for one am sorry to the mods and Chelsea fans for my part yesterday. I honestly didn't intend to 'troll' the Chelsea fans on here, all I wanted to do was voice my opinion and I didn't realise that it would incite such an angry response. Rather than respond I should have just left.

Clearly the lack of football is making us all a bit cranky.:holmes:
Reply 4432
https://twitter.com/debruynekev/status/359278933537062912
Leaving to London tonight. Fully medical check up there. Feeling ok. Hopefully a good result after the check up

De Bruyne is flying back to London for a checkup. Hopefully it's just a precaution.
Original post by The Assassin
Why would you rather see him in the centre?

De bruyne seemed pretty ineffective when played out wide in the first friendly. And i reckon mata can do a better job out wide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4434
Play mata on the right. We then allow him to cut in and thread diagonal passes and go for goal which is easier than on the left. De bruyne plays in centre but will swap positions with the other 2
Reply 4435
Why play with a striker at all? lol. Keep possession forever.

Mata - Hazard - De Bruyne
Oscar - Ramires
Essien
Cole - Luiz - Ivanovic - Azpi

Think both KDB and Hazard have placed the false 9 at some point.
Reply 4436
Ramires and keep possession doesnt work.
And Essien is dire.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
Ramires and keep possession doesnt work.

He's been so poor even in pre-season. Brazil were right to drop him from Confeds cup.
Reply 4439
Ramires is better than Lampard tbh.

And questionable whether Mikel is an improvement on Essien.

Wouldn't mind seeing either Oscar/KDB converted into a CM.

Latest